Why schools in the United States should not re-open this fall.

...1. Across the US schools closed about 3/16/20...
Noted. Probably true, or close enough to it to not worry about the exceptions to the rule.

...2. Do you think that kids are not in contact or not playing together since 3/16? ...
Not in groups of 20 or 30, spaced 3-4 feet from their neighbor desks, and not in groups of 20-200 or more on the recess yard or the gymnasium.

...3. Agree that indoor classrooms need to be approved for COVID resistance, to reduce risk...
Common ground.

...4. Are you saying that the "new normal" is no classroom learning, all classes are virtual?...
Yes.

My grandson's middle-economic-class far southwest suburban Chicago-area school district bought Chromebooks for the all the kids..

And then they picked up the tab for internet access for any poor family that could not afford it... hell...ComCast donated a lot of that; the school paid the rest.

And that was back in mid-March, continuing through late May, when virtual classed ended for the school year.

It will be far easier to fill-in-the-blanks for kids without Internet access than it would be to refit 100,000+ schools with upgraded air filtration systems in the next 30 days. Less expensive, too.

Oh... and... as to practicality... so many colleges and universities are shifting temporarily to all-online virtual classrooms that the Trump administration jumped-in to seize the opportunity to deport thousands of aliens with student visas who would only be attending virtual classes.

5. Only ~66% of white kids can access online classes, and only ~50% of black kids. So parents need to either buy computers or send their kids to class...
Access to virtual-classroom resources was already covered in a previous bullet point.

...No one is "forcing" kids into classrooms...
And that's where you're wrong. If Trump gets his way he will withhold funding for any district that refuses to re-open as an In-Person venue.

That forces the hand of district-level management and that, in turn, sets into motion the entire range of laws regarding attendance, truancy, etc.

...School districts are not setup for both online and in-classroom classes...
My grandson's district (and I live within it myself) shifted to an All Virtual model at light-speed and they had a highly successful last three months of school.

...Many kids will be left behind and never catch up...
Better 'behind' than at-risk, or, even worse, dead. Besides... kids are resilient. Most who fall behind will catch-up. The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number.

...Virtual classrooms are not a complete answer for all kids...
True... but in the midst of an aggressive and lethal viral pandemic that may be all we get for a while... and it's vastly better than nothing.

...6. COVID is not going away, so lets say that "interim" is only until a vaccine is available, then its back to class...
Yep. As soon as there is enough vaccine for everyone who needs it, the threat of the pandemic will be over. IF a vaccine ever materializes.

...Vaccines should be available in January...
There have been reports of promising formulae, but nothing solid yet. Senior epidemiology experts warn there is no guarantee that a vaccine will be found.

Translation: I will believe it when I see it... and only THEN will I allow myself to rejoice that the end is in sight.

Until that time, I choose to err (and to support erring) on the side of Lesser Risk to Children.
Meticulous detail on a non issue does not make it into an issue even if it has been faked into one.

Also
Erring on the side of caution is an euphemism for wholly buying worst case scenario

The results from a study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine show that the only reason children are being kept from school due to the China coronavirus is politics.

The New England Journal of Medicine released the results of a study on the China coronavirus that are shocking. Children have a very low risk of catching the China coronavirus.

Published July 13, 2020

Apparently no kids came down with the disease. When do the medical geniuses who want to deprive kids of an education think we should reopen the schools?

It is a simple as this... Countries with lower cases and positivity rates are not opening schools... They are listening to there experts and they have done way better than the Trump Admin at handling this...

I know this is hurtful but listen to the experts in other countries as the White House has been consistently wrong unless coming from Fauci or Brix.... Just look at what Europe is doing as a lead, it used to be the US in that position but that is the new normality for the moment...

Be Safe.

What if we never get a vaccine? What do you think the plan going forward would be?

Herd immunity could solve the problem on its own, we don't know yet. I don't think never going back to school is an issue. But one full year of virtual school isn't the end of the world either.

What about those kids who are NOT getting that instruction because they have no computer or internet access?

Businesses are getting rolled back in several states because the infections are getting too high. That's exactly what's going to happen if schools open up as well.

Apparently no kids came down with the disease. When do the medical geniuses who want to deprive kids of an education think we should reopen the schools?

It is a simple as this... Countries with lower cases and positivity rates are not opening schools... They are listening to there experts and they have done way better than the Trump Admin at handling this...

I know this is hurtful but listen to the experts in other countries as the White House has been consistently wrong unless coming from Fauci or Brix.... Just look at what Europe is doing as a lead, it used to be the US in that position but that is the new normality for the moment...

Be Safe.

What if we never get a vaccine? What do you think the plan going forward would be?

Herd immunity could solve the problem on its own, we don't know yet. I don't think never going back to school is an issue. But one full year of virtual school isn't the end of the world either.

What about those kids who are NOT getting that instruction because they have no computer or internet access?
Or familiarity with how to use a computer to access the available material to the same extent as other students? I'll tell you what: someone complains to the Justice Dept. and before you know it, some lawyer is trying to make their year over a discrimination suit.

Businesses are getting rolled back in several states because the infections are getting too high. That's exactly what's going to happen if schools open up as well.
Infections and infection rates pretty much same for months now holding between 7-9%.
Its just we get more info now along with a higher number of samplings with positives percentage rate steady.

There is no guarantee that an effective covid vaccine will ever be developed. Let's say there is no vaccine this time next year. Would the next school year be canceled as well?

I am on the fence about the schools. But, if it is too dangerous to open now, and a vaccine is never developed, what then?

A vaccine is coming for sure. They are going to make billions from the vaccine, and their strategy appears to be getting the public to the point where we're practically begging for it, with the threat that things "won't go back to normal" until everyone is vaccinated.

And btw, the man who is bringing you all the vaccine is someone who had a friendly relationship with Epstein for many years. And a man who has a bizarre habit of trying to hold back smiles and giddiness whenever he talks about the "pandemic." But nothing to see here folks, carry on with what the msm wants you to focus on.

Infections and infection rates pretty much same for months now holding between 7-9%.
Its just we get more info now along with a higher number of samplings with positives percentage rate steady.

Businesses are closing back down because of the spike in infections.

The same would happen to schools if they open.

Fine. Close the schools. But I’m not paying property taxes so these assholes can sit at home. All federal funding also goes away. The Feds can provide funds directly to families so they can use them on private schools and charter schools. I’m not paying that union or it’s members a dime.
So people should die to justify your property taxes?

Pondscum
Since I have to work to pay the taxes then yes you will be required to work to get paid from those taxes. You don’t worry about the tax payer dying do you.

Schools being open equals normalcy and liberals can’t allow that

Schools opening doesn't equal "normalcy". It equals lunacy, to even contemplate it.

Let's be clear here. What used to be "normal" is gone - forever. This virus will always be with us, until there are both cures and vaccines. We're talking years.

So either you get with the program to shut this shit down HARD like we've done in the rest of the first world, or be prepared for YEARS of shut downs, outbreaks, and chaos. These are the ONLY choices you have.

Every other first world country - the ones with REAL leaders, has re-opened and re-opened safely. Only in the USA is the virus running unchecked. This is the abject failure of leadershipm but typical of the Trump Administration.
Blah blah blah from you as always.

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between ESSENTIAL SERVICES and NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES. Or for that matter, EMERGENCY SERVICES and NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES.

1. Can the children of the United States survive without going to school for a year? YES

2. Can people, in an urban environment survive without getting FOOD from the grocery store? NO

3. Can most Americans survive without getting food from the Grocery store? NO

4. The Police force is necessary to defend communities from violence and death. Essential service that society depends on that must continue. Necessary for immediate survival.

5. The Military, same as the Police above.

For the average citizen to make it through to the summer of 2021, they need four things: food, water, shelter, and clothing. Isolate, and only go out to get those things.
What which is essential can be properly operated and built by kids who no longer go to school to be educated?

Nothing now please resume snorting your heroin

First off, the ADULTS who worked in these jobs are all grown ups, who knew the risks associated with going out, and how to protect themselves, and even the people who knew what they were doing and what they needed to do to keep themselves safe, and thousands still died.

All OF THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD ARE MISSING SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. WHERE SCHOOLS ARE RE-OPENING, THE VIRUS HAS BEEN CONTAINED AND CASES ARE DECLINING. THIS IS NOT TRUE OF THE USA.

WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS READY TO OPEN IT'S BORDERS TO AMERICANS, YOU MIGHT BE READY TO OPEN YOUR SCHOOLS. UNTIL THEN, STAY THE FUCK AT HOME. ALL OF YOU.

Same thing again,blah blah blah blah.

Schools opening doesn't equal "normalcy". It equals lunacy, to even contemplate it.

Let's be clear here. What used to be "normal" is gone - forever. This virus will always be with us, until there are both cures and vaccines. We're talking years.

So either you get with the program to shut this shit down HARD like we've done in the rest of the first world, or be prepared for YEARS of shut downs, outbreaks, and chaos. These are the ONLY choices you have.

Every other first world country - the ones with REAL leaders, has re-opened and re-opened safely. Only in the USA is the virus running unchecked. This is the abject failure of leadershipm but typical of the Trump Administration.
Manic panic you are so impose that upon yourself alone and stop deriving pleasure from attempting g to impose your fake fears on others

"Fake fears". Tell that to the 138,000 families who have lost loved ones. Or the more than $1.785 million people who are still sick. The USA has yet to reach a point where you have more people getting better than getting sick. Trump is the one who spreading false information.

Yesterday, Friday, more than 70,000 Americans tested positive to the disease. Arizona, Texas and Florida have run out of hospital beds. Or the thousands who line up every day hoping for a scare test. California is now imposing lockdown. Since Friday, more than 20 states are reporting record numbers of cases.
Give it up and give it a rest.

Blah blah blah from you as always.

Notice how she repeated the same threat from the criminals behind this psyop?

"So either you get with the program to shut this shit down HARD like we've done in the rest of the first world, or be prepared for YEARS of shut downs, outbreaks, and chaos. These are the ONLY choices you have."

She's doing their work for them.

Btw, that reminds me. You probably heard about that Rockefeller Foundation paper that was written 10 years ago that "predicted" the exact same scenario we are experiencing today?

One of the things in that report was the trick of pointing to the countries (like China) who had a very totalitarian response, then saying, "See? Look how it worked for them, we need to do that over here!" (Never mind that the numbers are fraudulent and the whole thing is manipulated, the point is that they condition people to accept authoritarianism by claiming that's the only way to beat the boogeyman pandemic.)

Here's an excerpt from the report. I'll bold the pertinent parts.

Keep in mind this was written 10 years ago.

The pandemic blanketed the planet — though disproportionate numbers died in Africa, Southeast Asia, and Central America, where the virus spread like wildfire in the absence of official containment protocols. But even in developed countries, containment was a challenge. The United States's initial policy of "strongly discouraging" citizens from flying proved deadly in its leniency, accelerating the spread of the virus not just within the U.S. but across borders. However, a few countries did fare better — China in particular. The Chinese government's quick imposition and enforcement of mandatory quarantine for all citizens, as well as its instant and near-hermetic sealing off of all borders, saved millions of lives, stopping the spread of the virus far earlier than in other countries and enabling a swifter post- pandemic recovery.
China's government was not the only one that took extreme measures to protect its citizens from risk and exposure. During the pandemic, national leaders around the world flexed their authority and imposed airtight rules and restrictions, from the mandatory wearing of face masks to body-temperature checks at the entries to communal spaces like train stations and supermarkets. Even after the pandemic faded, this more authoritarian control and oversight of citizens and their activities stuck and even intensified. In order to protect themselves from the spread of increasingly global problems — from pandemics and transnational terrorism to environmental crises and rising poverty— leaders around the world took a firmer grip on power.

And here's a video of journalist Harry Vox talking about this in 2014. It's very interesting, I think everyone should watch it:

My kids wont be going to school even if the schools open unless if the virus is contained. Fuck Devos and stupid fat orange master.

That'll teach the Secretary of Education Devos and President Trump a lesson!

The common cold and flu haven't been contained as yet so I guess your kids are going to be competing with you for dishwashing job at Denny's!
My kids don't have to worry about dishes, just like trump didn't have to. Worry about yours.

My kids wont be going to school even if the schools open unless if the virus is contained. Fuck Devos and stupid fat orange master.

That'll teach the Secretary of Education Devos and President Trump a lesson!

The common cold and flu haven't been contained as yet so I guess your kids are going to be competing with you for dishwashing job at Denny's!
Reminds me of a financial counselor who had an angry guy tell him he wasn't going to use the companies 401K program, because they didn't have a big company match.

The counselor said "Yeah that'll show those rich executives! You'll be poor and impoverished when you retire, and there isn't anything they can do to stop you!"

Issa Be sure to let us know your kids names, so when ours are running the companies, we can put a good referral when they need someone to empty the trash cans.
look how stupid trump is and how much wealth he has access to. although probably most of it is not even his lol.
Many greats didn't even finish high school...They are already on the passenger seat learning how we run the family business...to put your mind at ease and you don't worry about them. They fall under the 5% category.

People over 60 are at high risk. That is the science.

Children are extremely low risk or not vectors. That is the science.

Democrats claim to be the party of science but this proves they dont care about science.

Maybe the old/sick school teachers and bureaucracy workers should stay home.
Kids can be asymptomatic spreaders.
Even though the kids might not get sick, they still get infected and spread it to older people.

ntmdoir3tla51.jpg
except that, there are no recorded cases were that has happened, zero

Three Arizona teachers who shared a classroom got coronavirus. One of them died
By Jennifer Henderson, CNN 1 hr ago

Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus that has killed nearly 135,000 people nationwide.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

Gregorich reiterated the three teachers were careful and still got Covid-19.

I think that's really the message or the concern that our staff has is we can't even keep our staff safe by themselves ... how are we going to keep 20 kids in a classroom safe? I just don't see how that's possible to do that," he said.

Byrd said reopening schools will put people in their small community at risk and he does not want to see other families go through a similar experience.

"Many grandparents, wind up being caretakers to kids when they get off school- mom and dad are working and a lot of grandparents are even raising their grandchildren. So, many of these grandparents fall into this high risk category of being older with more health issues," he said.

"They have no business opening the schools to try and get back to a traditional classroom ... let's get through this pandemic first before we try to get back to normal."

Should all grocery stores be closed because store workers got corona and died.

Police officers died of Corona so abolish all cops

People in the military died of corona so give away all the weapons.

Keep snorting that heroin doofy

I'm afraid you don't understand the difference between ESSENTIAL SERVICES and NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES. Or for that matter, EMERGENCY SERVICES and NON-EMERGENCY SERVICES.

1. Can the children of the United States survive without going to school for a year? YES

2. Can people, in an urban environment survive without getting FOOD from the grocery store? NO

3. Can most Americans survive without getting food from the Grocery store? NO

4. The Police force is necessary to defend communities from violence and death. Essential service that society depends on that must continue. Necessary for immediate survival.

5. The Military, same as the Police above.

For the average citizen to make it through to the summer of 2021, they need four things: food, water, shelter, and clothing. Isolate, and only go out to get those things.
What which is essential can be properly operated and built by kids who no longer go to school to be educated?

Nothing now please resume snorting your heroin

First off, the ADULTS who worked in these jobs are all grown ups, who knew the risks associated with going out, and how to protect themselves, and even the people who knew what they were doing and what they needed to do to keep themselves safe, and thousands still died.

All OF THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD ARE MISSING SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. WHERE SCHOOLS ARE RE-OPENING, THE VIRUS HAS BEEN CONTAINED AND CASES ARE DECLINING. THIS IS NOT TRUE OF THE USA.

WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS READY TO OPEN IT'S BORDERS TO AMERICANS, YOU MIGHT BE READY TO OPEN YOUR SCHOOLS. UNTIL THEN, STAY THE FUCK AT HOME. ALL OF YOU.
Same thing again,blah blah blah blah.
CNN parrots are actually kind of fun

...Meticulous detail on a non issue does not make it into an issue even if it has been faked into one.
'Faked into one'?

You're an idiot.

A dangerous idiot.

There might actually exist, a handful of fellow retards whom you could influence to not take the pandemic seriously, and putting them (and their contacts) at-risk.

Now that I stop to think of it, one of your kind holds considerable political power... an Orange Idiot... and that fool has cost America many hundreds of lives.

Dangerous idiots.

Forum List

Back