Zone1 Why is there no cop brutality this year?

What day will we get our black victim of police brutality for the 2024 election?

• April 29, 2024 (32nd year anniversary of LA Riots)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 25, 2024 (4th year anniversary of George Floyd's death)

• February 26, 2024 (12th year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's death)

• Other, Specify

• (I don't know but why are all these anniversary dates divisible by 4?)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
We all know that dozens of black people are killed by cops each year. 99.999999999999999999999999999994% of them are ignored but there is always one case that is front and center during presidential election years when one or both of the candidates use race division as part of their strategy. (i.e. 1992 Bill Clinton/Rodney King, 2012 Barrack Obama/Treyvon Martin, and 2020 Joe Biden/George Floyd) What day will we get our eye candy to make us all hate each other?

Or can we suspect that race will not be used by the respective Democrat and Republican nominees for president? In most election years the country wasn't racist as you can see with the information provided here. There were three big examples when Bill Clinton needed the black vote, when Barrack Obama needed the white vote, and when Joe Biden needed the black vote. Out of the dozens of black victims of police brutality this year I hope they do not make a circus show out of one of them. Can we expect the two presidential candidates to take the high road for this election? I know we are all hoping so.

If you do not think they will take the high road and you expect spreading racism will be part of the strategy of the Republican Presidential nominee, or the Democratic Presidential nominee then vote in the poll and guess what day it will happen.

Last edited:
We all know that dozens of black people are killed by cops each year. 99.999999999999999999999999999994% of them are ignored but there is always one case that is front and center during presidential election years when one or both of the candidates use race division as part of their strategy. (i.e. 1992 Bill Clinton/Rodney King, 2012 Barrack Obama/Treyvon Martin, and 2020 Joe Biden/George Floyd) What day will we get our eye candy to make us all hate each other?

Or can we suspect that race will not be used by the respective Democrat and Republican nominees for president? In most election years the country wasn't racist as you can see with the information provided here. There were three big examples when Bill Clinton needed the black vote, when Barrack Obama needed the white vote, and when Joe Biden needed the black vote. Out of the dozens of black victims of police brutality this year I hope they do not make a circus show out of one of them. Can we expect the two presidential candidates to take the high road for this election? I know we are all hoping so.

If you do not think they will take the high road and you expect spreading racism will be part of the strategy of the Republican Presidential nominee, or the Democratic Presidential nominee then vote in the poll and guess what day it will happen.
apparently it doesnt happen unless dems need it to happen to stir up their base .

apparently it doesnt happen unless dems need it to happen to stir up their base .

It wasn't used in 1980, 1984, 1988,1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, or 2016. They may not use it this election year either. It might not have been used in presidential election years prior to 1980 but my life didn't start until 1979 so I don't go any further back.

It wasn't used in 1980, 1984, 1988,1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, or 2016. They may not use it this election year either. It might not have been used in presidential election years prior to 1980 but my life didn't start until 1979 so I don't go any further back.
if Trump is reelected the lefts base will be out in the streets looting and burning again ... count on it .

So, your premise falls apart almost immediately. Who was the big case in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2016?
Even the ones you list don't work that well. Rodney King was beaten senseless in 1991. The only reason it became an issue in 1992 is that an all-white jury in Simi Valley voted to acquit the cops of all charges. And it was barely an issue in the election, as Bush's failure on the economy even had conservatives defecting in droves.

2012, Trayvon Martin wasn't killed by a cop. While he was the catalyst for the BLM movement, his murder was by a hyped-up vigilante. It really wasn't a big issue in the election, either.

As for George Floyd, he wasn't the only high-profile case of brutality by cops in 2020, was he? There were also Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, and Rayshard Brooks. It was almost like the cops couldn't help themselves that year. I would say the BLM demonstrations probably HELPED Trump, because nothing brings out the Republican vote like white people soiling their panties. If Trump had been judged just on his failures on Covid and the economy, he probably would have lost even bigger to Biden.

Except Clinton didn't need the black vote in 1992. He actually WON a plurality among white people because Bush and Perot split the white vote.

If a case of police brutality becomes a big deal this year, it will because Trump is a racist. You know damned well that Trump will hit the imaginary crime issue (even though Crime spiked on his watch in 2020, and has been on the decline since.)

So, your premise falls apart almost immediately. Who was the big case in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2016?
Even the ones you list don't work that well. Rodney King was beaten senseless in 1991. The only reason it became an issue in 1992 is that an all-white jury in Simi Valley voted to acquit the cops of all charges. And it was barely an issue in the election, as Bush's failure on the economy even had conservatives defecting in droves.

2012, Trayvon Martin wasn't killed by a cop. While he was the catalyst for the BLM movement, his murder was by a hyped-up vigilante. It really wasn't a big issue in the election, either.

As for George Floyd, he wasn't the only high-profile case of brutality by cops in 2020, was he? There were also Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, and Rayshard Brooks. It was almost like the cops couldn't help themselves that year. I would say the BLM demonstrations probably HELPED Trump, because nothing brings out the Republican vote like white people soiling their panties. If Trump had been judged just on his failures on Covid and the economy, he probably would have lost even bigger to Biden.

Except Clinton didn't need the black vote in 1992. He actually WON a plurality among white people because Bush and Perot split the white vote.

If a case of police brutality becomes a big deal this year, it will because Trump is a racist. You know damned well that Trump will hit the imaginary crime issue (even though Crime spiked on his watch in 2020, and has been on the decline since.)

You did a pretty good job debunking my theory. Can you explain the dozens of black people killed by cops that don't make head lines?

You did a pretty good job debunking my theory. Can you explain the dozens of black people killed by cops that don't make head lines?
Sometime “police brutality” is justified. That accounts for the vast majority of people (both black and white) killed by the police. As for the “dozens” of black people, once you take away those who were armed, it’s more like a dozen or two.

If a case of police brutality becomes a big deal this year, it will because Trump is a racist.
Can you provide an example of a police brutality being made of big deal of because of Trump? Also, please clarify who is making a big deal of it. Trump? The media? Democrats? Or someone else?

Sure.

Most black people killed by the police were usually brandishing a gun or a knife.

The reason why the high-profile cases tend to be high profile is that it's usually against an unarmed person who wasn't doing anything serious enough to merit lethal force.

The other reason why they often tend to be high profile is someone was catching it all on film.

Other high-profile cases don't happen in election years - Tamir Rice in 2013, Laquan McDonald in 2014, Mike Brown in 2014, Sandra Bland in 2015. Other cases do happen in election years, and they don't make an impact, such as Philandro Castille in 2016.

2020 was an exception because 1) the whole society was already on the edge due to Covid and the Recession and 2) the murder of Floyd was so egregiously awful that it horrified the country, even white people who pretend this isn't an issue.

So let's look at the timeline.

Geo. Floyd was killed on May 25th. At that point, the whole country had already been on lockdown for two months.
Then various incidents kept throwing gas on the fire.

Rayshard Brooks was shot in the back on June 12 for sleeping in his car.
Jacob Blake was shot on August 23rd
while Breonna Taylor was shot back in March, revelations about her case were going on in the background

So it was really a confluence of events that made it as bad as it was.

I love irony. You do realize you just said the exact same thing that I did, didn't you?

Not really; you seemed to be going off on the premise that, somehow, these high-profile cases are election stunts meant to hurt the Republicans. Absurd on it's face, as two of the cases you cited really weren't game changers and one of them actually helped Trump.

Sometime “police brutality” is justified. That accounts for the vast majority of people (both black and white) killed by the police. As for the “dozens” of black people, once you take away those who were armed, it’s more like a dozen or two.
There's no excuse for the level of violence we have in this country.

Police kill 1000 suspects a year.

In the UK, the number of police killings of suspects is between 2-7 a year. Most other G-7 countries, the number is in low double digits.

Can you provide an example of a police brutality being made of big deal of because of Trump? Also, please clarify who is making a big deal of it. Trump? The media? Democrats? Or someone else?

Well, yeah, it became a big deal because Trump scrapped everything Obama did to bring about police reform and openly praised police brutality to the point police chiefs felt a need to disassociate themselves with it.

the riots of 2020 were TRUMP RIOTS.

I never said that Republican Presidential candidates can't use race division as part of their political strategy. I'm sorry you seen that. I was extremely clear.

Not really; you seemed to be going off on the premise that, somehow, these high-profile cases are election stunts meant to hurt the Republicans.

Trump gives me the impression that he would do anything whatsoever that he needed to do to win. He isn't the kind of guy that I would give credit to be above using race division as a technique for winning the presidency. I never ever ever ever ever ever ever said he wouldn't. I actually implied that is extremely likely. You partisan idiots just can't believe that not everybody is a partisan idiot.

Joe Biden and/or Donald Trump are capable of using race division as a political strategy.

Ray-shard Brooks was shot in the back on June 12 for sleeping in his car.

Why are liberal so willing to lie to maintain this narrative? Brooks was so intoxicated that he fell asleep in the drive-thru lane blocking traffic. The police woke his stupid ass up and politely asked him to move his car, but he decided to fall back asleep instead. Once they got him out of the way they determined he was too intoxicated to drive and attempted to arrest him. At this point Brook began fighting the officer and took the officer’s weapon and fired it at the officer.

In a liberal’s dishonest mind that’s being shot for “sleeping in his car”. Never trust a liberal, they are either ignorant and/or dishonest about everything.

“APD officer Devin Brosnan was responding to a complaint that Brooks was asleep in a car in a Wendy's restaurant drive-through lane.….

…..A physical confrontation ensued, during which Brooks struck officer Brosnan, grabbed Brosnan's taser and attempted to run away.[1] Rolfe pursued Brooks on foot, and Brooks turned and fired the taser toward Rolfe. Rolfe then fired his gun three times at Brooks, hitting him twice.”

——————————

“At 10:42 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020, Atlanta Police Department officer Devin Brosnan arrived at the Wendy's restaurant at 125 University Avenue in South Atlanta to investigate a report of a man (Brooks) asleep in a car which was blocking the drive-through lane.[21][22] Brosnan awakened Brooks and told him to move the car to a parking space and take a nap; Brooks fell asleep again without moving the car. Brosnan again woke Brooks and Brooks parked the car. Brosnan checked Brooks's driver's license and radioed for assistance from an officer certified to conduct driving under the influence investigations.[23][24]

Officer Garrett Rolfe arrived at 10:56[21] and, with Brooks's permission, performed a pat-down search for weapons, a field sobriety test, and a breathalyzer test.[1] Brooks appeared impaired[25][26] and was confused about where he was.[27] He said he had had one to one-and-a-half drinks[19]and denied driving[22] or being too drunk to drive.[21] The Breathalyzer registered a blood alcohol level of 0.108%, above the legal limit of 0.08%.[19]

Killing of Rayshard Brooks - Wikipedia

Why are liberal so willing to lie to maintain this narrative? Brooks was so intoxicated that he fell asleep in the drive-thru lane blocking traffic. The police woke his stupid ass up and politely asked him to move his car, but he decided to fall back asleep instead. Once they got him out of the way they determined he was too intoxicated to drive and attempted to arrest him. At this point Brook began fighting the officer and took the officer’s weapon and fired it at the officer.

In a liberal’s dishonest mind that’s being shot for “sleeping in his car”. Never trust a liberal, they are either ignorant and/or dishonest about everything.

He took a taser not a weapon. A one shot weapon it takes specialized training to use.

The cops in that case escalated the issue, that was the thing.

There's no excuse for the level of violence we have in this country.

Police kill 1000 suspects a year.

In the UK, the number of police killings of suspects is between 2-7 a year. Most other G-7 countries, the number is in low double digits.

There is no excuse for the violence but it’s not the police’s fault that these criminals are so violent. Why do you expect the police to coddle these violent criminals?
Well, yeah, it became a big deal because Trump scrapped everything Obama did to bring about police reform and openly praised police brutality to the point police chiefs felt a need to disassociate themselves with it.
the riots of 2020 were TRUMP RIOTS.

LOL so by suggesting that if there is high profile case this year it will be because “Trump is a racist” you mean the political left will make a big deal about it to reinforce their narrative?

I like how you blame trump for the BLM riots of 2020. That’s good stuff.

He took a taser not a weapon. A one shot weapon it takes specialized training to use.

The cops in that case escalated the issue, that was the thing.
A taser is a “weapon” and tasers can shoot more than once. Again with the falsehoods. Is this intentional or are you just ill informed?

Someone attacks the police and you describe it at the police escalating the situation? Why do liberals have such low expectations for black people?

Forum List

Back