Why is there more attention from media on the former administration than on the current one?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I view an array of media sources. I head to MSBC and CNN and on their front page we have Trump. It's been this way for months really with very little focus on the current government unless there is a big Bill to sign with more debt incurred. Why is this? Has traditional media abandoned their role as reporter of government to the point people are forced on youtube and twitter for their information?

So I view an array of media sources. I head to MSBC and CNN and on their front page we have Trump. It's been this way for months really with very little focus on the current government unless there is a big Bill to sign with more debt incurred. Why is this? Has traditional media abandoned their role as reporter of government to the point people are forced on youtube and twitter for their information?
Cuz Trump done it. You see how they blame him for immigration, for example.

Besides, January 6th.

train wreck sells papers. quiet governance, not so much.l

Why is there more attention from media on the former administration than on the current one?​

Maybe because the former President is facing multiple criminal charges and faces jail time.
Unprecedented in American History

Because Trump, the only former president ever in our history, has blatantly made himself front and center, interfering with another elected President's, presidency....

Trump is being discussed BECAUSE Trump has injected himself in to the spotlight of Biden's presidency.... On a daily basis.

How can you not see this....? He can't live without being in the limelight....

Because Trump, the only former president ever in our history, has blatantly made himself front and center, interfering with another elected President's, presidency....

Trump is being discussed BECAUSE Trump has injected himself in to the spotlight.... On a daily basis.

All of the attention that followed him was not of his doing, it was others who were trying to destroy him. From NY to the D.C swamp (Cheney anyone?).

If they would have left him alone and Biden would have understood that 75M voters aren't all "extreme MAGA" and kept the policies that made sense, Trump wouldn't have had a chance in 2024. Content citizens support their leader.

They made Trump relevant again by both policy and an effort to punishing him for daring to usurp the unpopular Neo Cons. it is that simple and I have supported some Neo Cons where it was warranted. It is not 2001 anymore though.

All of the attention that followed him was not of his doing, it was others who were trying to destroy him. From NY to the D.C swamp (Cheney anyone?).

If they would have left him alone and Biden would have understood that 75M voters aren't all "extreme MAGA" and kept the policies that made sense, Trump wouldn't have had a chance in 2024. Content citizens support their leader.

They made Trump relevant again by both policy and an effort to punishing him for daring to usurp the unpopular Neo Cons. it is that simple and I have supported some Neo Cons where it was warranted. It is not 2001 anymore though.

Trumps own poor decisions have made his criminal charges necessary.

His childish reactions to losing an election led to an attack on our Capitol and several deaths.

Do you think 1/6 was nothing but a peaceful visitors tour and rally?

What Trump did at the end of his presidency was traitorous to this Nation. His crimes against us and our democracy are endless, his non transfer of power peacefully was a first in our History....

And you actually think he could just be ignored, and all of his actions could be swept under the rug?

He's gone down in the History books for his infamous abomination....

There is no way, it could be any different. He made his bed, that he sleeps in now shockedcanadian....

Do you think 1/6 was nothing but a peaceful visitors tour and rally?

What Trump did at the end of his presidency was traitorous to this Nation. His crimes against us and our democracy are endless, his non transfer of power peacefully was a first in our History....

And you actually think he could just be ignored, and all of his actions could be swept under the rug?

He's gone down in the History books for his infamous abomination....

There is no way, it could be any different. He made his bed, that he sleeps in now shockedcanadian....
Ok, if all you state is true, why in the hell did Cheney and her gang shut down the investigation? Where are the big court cases regarding 1/6?

Hmmm...

Trump is being discussed BECAUSE Trump has injected himself in to the spotlight of Biden's presidency.... On a daily basis.

Interesting how the media is so easily controlled by one man. Could you get them to focus on you? I doubt it. Obviously, the talking heads know glitz and glitter sell ads, and TRUMP! is glitz and glitter while Quid Pro Joe is yesterday's oatmeal. Worse than a president who knows he's not headline material and just quietly goes about his business, Quid Pro is the guy at the party who wants girls to pay attention to him, but doesn't know how to attract them, so he lashes out at the popular guys and looks foolish. Reagan could disarm his opponents and win a debate with a simple, "There you go again", while Quid Pro hysterically gets red in the face and waves his fists around.

Let's just say it this way. The media is giving TRUMP! exactly what he wants, the spotlight. If they were really concerned with the state of the country, they'd ignore him and give us a daily deluge of Quid Pro's latest gaffes, blunders and hair sniffing.

Let's just say it this way. The media is giving TRUMP! exactly what he wants, the spotlight.

Trumps actions and statements deserve a spotlight

Ignoring them does not help

Why is there more attention from media on the former administration than on the current one?​

Maybe because the former President is facing multiple criminal charges and faces jail time.
Unprecedented in American History

Brought on by democrats, for exactly that purpose.

Trumps actions and statements deserve a spotlight

Ignoring them does not help
Actually, ignoring him is the worst thing you can do to an egotist like TRUMP!. He hates being ignored, if you haven't figured it out yet. Quid Pro is used to being ignored, and quite frankly, I don't think he even knows anymore if anyone's paying attention to him or not, but TRUMP! NEEDS the spotlight, and the more you shine it on him, the more he uses it for his own purposes. In case you can't figure out why he not only stays popular, but in some cases is increasing in popularity, it's because people who don't normally care much for politics are wondering what the big deal is and why the democrats so irrationally, insanely, absolutely hate and despise him. They start to pay attention and think, "Huh, this guy isn't saying anything worth all the hatred, and it really was pretty good when he was president before. I think I'll listen some more", and you have another supporter to hate. You're basically making him a martyr with the hysteria, and he loves it.

The one that REALLY needs the spotlight on him at all times is the one with the real power, and that's Quid Pro Joe. Ignoring him is very, very dangerous.

Forum List

Back