Why is the Obama regime allied with the 'radical' Islamic Saudi Arabia?

I get that there's big money involved. But I still have to marvel at how blatant the pass our politicians get on this one. And all these a-holes coming here and thinking Obama is above the fray need look no further than his regime's relationship with SA.

Same can be said of a LOT of the misguided support America continues to disburse around the globe.

I'd still wish for a fair and simple tax code if the 'Government Fairy' gave me just one political wish.

How to change the way America does business?
:dunno:

Agreed. The govt. is corrupt in all its formats; and it kills me that people think that giving them more power is ever the answer; but that's getting off the beaten path..

We continue giving money to Egypt to insure that they will keep the peace with Israel and to keep the border with Gaza closed.

Some people say that anyhow (but we don't pay all that much). Truthfully, I think Egypt and Israel have some joint interests and common enemies (Muslim Brotherhood) that make warring not worth it.

The leadership in Egypt have common interests with Israel. They are the ones that benefit from the U.S. aid. Whether we like it or not, most Egyptians support the Muslim Brotherhood and even more radical Islamist groups as the only free elections ever to have taken place in Egypt demonstrated. Most Egyptians are not the western educated Cairo and Alexandria elite that demonstrated for democracy, unfortunately.

I get that there's big money involved. But I still have to marvel at how blatant the pass our politicians get on this one. And all these a-holes coming here and thinking Obama is above the fray need look no further than his regime's relationship with SA.

As frustrating as they are, in the grand scheme of things, baby-steps may not be such a bad thing.

There's no baby steps....our government is as in bed with the corrupt SA as ever.

The Obama regime has continued to be allies with Saudi Arabia. In fact, Obama has even bowed to their king. The Obama regime has sold discounted jets to 'the kingdom' of Saudi Arabia. The Obama regime has looked to the other way at every human rights abuse and has not regarded their systematic oppression that does not grant right to women or allow basic freedom.

One man is now sentenced to death by the kingdom. His crime? He decided that he didn't want to be a Muslim.

Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith - Telegraph

Because they are one of the few allies we have there. He allied with them for the same reason every president since WWII has been allied with them.

We should not be allied with this oppressive government. It's shameful. We are implicitly supporting the oppression of women and a religion that kills unbelievers.

Lovely sentiment. Not having the responsibility of a president, you can afford to be sentimental. American presidents have supported the oppression of women and religion since the birth of the nation. It's not about to change soon. Don't pretend this is something new.

Please__ the president can take a stand whenever he wants. And if our presidents were as benevolent as we pretend them to be, they would have long ago. Who was ever pretending this was something new? I know my history, son.

So, if I understand your point, you think Obama should not act like every other president before him. Perhaps you pretend our presidents are benevolent, but if you know your history then you know that is not and never has been true.

The Obama regime has continued to be allies with Saudi Arabia. In fact, Obama has even bowed to their king. The Obama regime has sold discounted jets to 'the kingdom' of Saudi Arabia. The Obama regime has looked to the other way at every human rights abuse and has not regarded their systematic oppression that does not grant right to women or allow basic freedom.

One man is now sentenced to death by the kingdom. His crime? He decided that he didn't want to be a Muslim.

Saudi Arabia court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith - Telegraph

Because they are one of the few allies we have there. He allied with them for the same reason every president since WWII has been allied with them.

We should not be allied with this oppressive government. It's shameful. We are implicitly supporting the oppression of women and a religion that kills unbelievers.

Lovely sentiment. Not having the responsibility of a president, you can afford to be sentimental. American presidents have supported the oppression of women and religion since the birth of the nation. It's not about to change soon. Don't pretend this is something new.

Please__ the president can take a stand whenever he wants. And if our presidents were as benevolent as we pretend them to be, they would have long ago. Who was ever pretending this was something new? I know my history, son.

So, if I understand your point, you think Obama should not act like every other president before him. Perhaps you pretend our presidents are benevolent, but if you know your history then you know that is not and never has been true.

Yea, you don't understand the meaning of the word pretend it would seem.

"And if our presidents were as benevolent as we pretend them to be,"

I don't pretend them to be anything. They are not benevolent. It's not their job to be benevolent. I have no idea where you got the idea we are pretending they are.

I don't pretend them to be anything. They are not benevolent. It's not their job to be benevolent. I have no idea where you got the idea we are pretending they are.

Okay__ gonna just give you a comprehension pass and re-explain myself. I never said the presidents were benevolent. Nor did I say that you said that either.

You don't know where I'd get the idea that people pretend that? People are on here all day talking about how great the actions the presidents are when in reality they are screwing us over more than anything.

Okay__ gonna just give you a comprehension pass and re-explain myself. I never said the presidents were benevolent. Nor did I say that you said that either.

You don't know where I'd get the idea that people pretend that? People are on here all day talking about how great the actions the presidents are when in reality they are screwing us over more than anything.

I don't see that much. I do see a lot of people saying just the opposite. So let's just accept that neither of us pretends that presidents are benevolent. And since neither of us pretends that, then it is pointless for either of us to expect this president to act out of benevolence.

The president should act out of what is best for the country. It is not in the best interests of this country to see the Middle East to go up in flames. So this president, and every president before him going back to WWII, has allied themselves with Saudi Arabia and will continue to do so. Not doing so would not be in the best interests of this country.

I don't see that much. I do see a lot of people saying just the opposite. So let's just accept that neither of us pretends that presidents are benevolent. And since neither of us pretends that, then it is pointless for either of us to expect this president to act out of benevolence.

The president should act out of what is best for the country. It is not in the best interests of this country to see the Middle East to go up in flames. So this president, and every president before him going back to WWII, has allied themselves with Saudi Arabia and will continue to do so. Not doing so would not be in the best interests of this country.

What's best for the country would be a benevolent thing, dude. And you need a reality check if you think that's what a president's decision is based upon what's best for the country. Presidents make decisions for their benefactors, who are often a very small subset of people.

I don't think that upholding Middle East tyranny is in anyone's best interest. Certain people want you to think that. But in reality, that makes no sense whatsoever.

You get more bees with honey....

What's best for the country would be a benevolent thing, dude. And you need a reality check if you think that's what a president's decision is based upon what's best for the country. Presidents make decisions for their benefactors, who are often a very small subset of people.

I don't think that upholding Middle East tyranny is in anyone's best interest. Certain people want you to think that. But in reality, that makes no sense whatsoever.

This is a free society, so you can certainly think whatever you like. It would appear people who actually have the responsibility disagree with you. As do I. That is perfectly ok.

But Obama the expert on Islam said these people aren't really following Islam, remember?

Forum List

Back