Why is heroin used intravenously?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
This is an unsafe way in many respects. There is another way - to inhale steam through a tube when it is heated on foil.
Why hasn't this method become mainstream?

This is an unsafe way in many respects. There is another way - to inhale steam through a tube when it is heated on foil.
Going for the gusto of mainline, not mainstream.

Oddly enough, snorting cocaine isn't nearly as good as a shot. Don't worry, I kicked the big lie back in '78.

Probably because the foil gives off toxic fumes when inhaled (I know........why worry about poisonous fumes when putting poison in your body, right?), as well as probably cuts down on the intensity of the high.

Taking a substance via the mouth (eating it) takes anywhere from 30 to 45 min to get the effect. The substance needs to be digested and carried to the bloodstream.

Inhaling or snorting a substance takes around 15 to 30 seconds to get the effect. The substance needs to be absorbed by the lungs, which then pass it onto the bloodstream.

Injecting a substance directly into the bloodstream is immediate in its effect.

Those were things I learned as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor in the Navy, so the answer to your question is because the effect is immediate as well as less toxic (but then again, we are talking about dangerous drugs, so why would an addict worry about toxic fumes?)

Smoking and snorting heroin does not produce the same rush and often cause extreme respiratory irritation and nausea.
But the price is very high. The main problem for heroin addicts is that they inject. If this is avoided, almost all problems except addiction itself disappear:
infections, gangrene, damaged veins, overdoses.
There's something wrong here

But the price is very high. The main problem for heroin addicts is that they inject. If this is avoided, almost all problems except addiction itself disappear:

What is wrong is you advocating for what you claim is a safer way to get addicted to heroin.

You know what the best way to use heroin? Don't.

ou know what the best way to use heroin? Don't.
As far as I understand, for a heroin addict there are 2 issues: saving money and intensity of first seconds. But heroin is not an expensive drug for the United States, and the intensity there is not very strong, they use it not for this.

Heroin doesn't seem to be a toxic substance

As far as I understand, for a heroin addict there are 2 issues: saving money and intensity of first seconds. But heroin is not an expensive drug for the United States, and the intensity there is not very strong, they use it not for this.

You know and understand as much about heroin as you do other things you post about, which is nothing at all. Tell ya what, before coming here with your weak Troll Fu, you might wanna spend some time with Google doing research on your troll subjects, so that maybe, just MAYBE, you won't look like as much of an idiot as you currently do.

And, you can overdose easier snorting heroin than you will if you inject it.

Shooting up your smack is the most efficient way to get loaded faster.

People that are heroin users tend not to be really concerned about "safety".
They think. At least they try to use individual syringes. In short, they are doing something for safety.

Forum List

Back