Why I'm dropping my opposition to SSM

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
Years ago, when my wife and I decided to blend our two families and the children opposed the move.

Soon the USSC will demand that we blend our family, I see no way that they can't.

Now my parent (USSC) has told me that my world is about to be rocked, and it's not my decision and they expect me to welcome these people into this new blended family.

Happy or not I have few options. I can fight, or try to accept the fact that this will happen and its best to look at the good and help improve the bad.

I will do as I expected my child to do when my new Bride and her child moved into my (our) home, welcome them to this new blended world.

I'm sure both the children hoped that one of us would be left standing at the alter alone, and there is that hope, I suppose. But the reality is what it is.

in our case the start of this new family was rocky. There were times that it really could have torn our world apart. We fought to keep it together and it eventually worked, and that is my hope for this new blend.

Should the USSC tell its children that they are blending our family, I may go into it kicking and screaming but I hope that it all works in the end.

After all, our blending took me from Pop21 to eventually Pop23.

It was a wild ride, but after 28 years, well worth it. Let's hope it works as well for this new family

Last edited:
The flaw in your analogy is that you fought to keep it together and wanted it to work. No one is fighting to keep the national family together. It's time to divorce.

Years ago, when my wife and I decided to blend our two families and the children opposed the move.

Soon the USSC will demand that we blend our family, I see no way that they can't.

Now my parent (USSC) has told me that my world is about to be rocked, and it's not my decision and they expect me to welcome these people into this new blended family.

Happy or not I have few options. I can fight, or try to accept the fact that this will happen and its best to look at the good and help improve the bad.

I will do as I expected my child to do when my new Bride and her child moved into my (our) home, welcome them to this new blended world.

I'm sure both the children hoped that one of us would be left standing at the alter alone, and there is that hope, I suppose. But the reality is what it is.

in our case the start of this new family was rocky. There were times that it really could have torn our world apart. We fought to keep it together and it eventually worked, and that is my hope for this new blend.

Should the USSC tell its children that they are blending our family, I may go into it kicking and screaming but I hope that it all works in the end.

It was a wild ride, but after 28 years, well worth it. Let's hope it works as well for this new family

Musta missed the part where other families have anything to do with your's.

The flaw in your analogy is that you fought to keep it together and wanted it to work. No one is fighting to keep the national family together. It's time to divorce.

The "national family"?? What family is that?

And who SHOULD be working to keep it together?
Obviously. There is no national family. Just a collection of tribes. No one should work to keep it together when the only logical move would be to separate as much as possible.

If we want to keep our national family together, shouldn't we be looking at divorce laws rather than keeping willing couples from marrying?

The national family has no business being together. Decent people do not marry perverts and bring them into a home where children are present. They do not bring perverts into the family when they object to the perversion.

Obviously. There is no national family. Just a collection of tribes. No one should work to keep it together when the only logical move would be to separate as much as possible.

Yeah, this is just so much bullshit.

If a marriage or a family is to make it for the long term, it takes work from all the people in it. A marriage can ONLY succeed if both people work at it. If they don't, it will fail.

What you are doing is wanting to blame someone outside the marriage for its failure. That is bullshit. You want your marriage to succeed? Work on it. But don't blame me if you won't work at it.

The national family has no business being together. Decent people do not marry perverts and bring them into a home where children are present. They do not bring perverts into the family when they object to the perversion.

You are right. They should stop bringing pedophiles into marriages where kids are present. But gays is a different issue, whether you want to admit it or not.

If we want to keep our national family together, shouldn't we be looking at divorce laws rather than keeping willing couples from marrying?
If we want to keep the national family together. What kind of statement is that? Who wants to keep the national family together?

Divorce. Separate. Live separate lives.

If a marriage or a family is to make it for the long term, it takes work from all the people in it. A marriage can ONLY succeed if both people work at it. If they don't, it will fail.

What you are doing is wanting to blame someone outside the marriage for its failure. That is bullshit. You want your marriage to succeed? Work on it. But don't blame me if you won't work at it.
You are right but not understanding what that means. The family will only work and will only stay together when both sides work on it. And in the case of our national split, one side at least, refuses to work on it. Instead works against the maintenance of one national family.

Wowza, that's mighty big of you. (eye roll) You should attach one of those thingamajig's on your keyboard to prevent you from posting while drunk.

Less than 5% of the population and even fewer who want to marry.

It continues to amaze me that so many meddling Peeping Tom's think they have the right to legislate and control the private lives of consenting adults.

MYOB

You are right but not understanding what that means. The family will only work and will only stay together when both sides work on it. And in the case of our national split, one side at least, refuses to work on it. Instead works against the maintenance of one national family.

I remember when people spouted this same kind of stupidity about "blended" families. Some still do.

That was also none of their business.

Wowza, that's mighty big of you. (eye roll) You should attach one of those thingamajig's on your keyboard to prevent you from posting while drunk.

I'm always drunk. If that thingamajig is beer, I'll attach it, if not, I ain't interested!

Really? Who is working against the family? It certainly isn't gays. They have been working hard to JOIN that family. So if someone quit working, it was on the other side.

And this "national family" crap is just another way of saying that gay marriage will ruin straight marriages. Just more bullshit.

Forum List

Back