Why I don't post a lot.

I'm 55 & overweight, but started plant based vegan eating, biking & weightlifting 4 months ago, Everything was great for a ~month, then hair started falling out, shoulder hurting then pain all over. So I stopped for a while.

Now I eat mostly vegan with 4 ounces of fish or meat a day. Everything was great again until I crashed my bike. So now I'm laid up with concussion, torn knee, rotator cuff & fallen arch. So have stopped all the working out, but keeping diet.

Once I get EXPENSIVE fix up, I will just stick to the diet, weight machines & walking.

What a bummer that your good intentions get derailed by problems.

Keep trying you will succeed.

I am 67 and follow a strict workout regimen, myself.

I work all day, and when I arrive home I always do sets of arm curls involving vessels filled with amber liquid, the weight of the liquid gradually diminishing with each curl. When the weight falls below a certain threshold, I refill the vessel and begin the process anew.

I call my workout routine IPA, which stands for Impressive Physique Augmentation.
I'm 69 and try to get one in 3-4x a week. That's my cardio.
I swim almost daily. Maybe 15-20 minutes across the bay and back. Slow and easy.Nothing stupid(but me)
6-59.jpeg

Damn, that's badass. I'm 65 and would have a hard time walking a couple miles. It's about all I can do to go to water aerobics 3-4 times a week and keep up with the old ladies.
Old ladies are a force to be reckoned with

I'm 55 & overweight, but started plant based vegan eating, biking & weightlifting 4 months ago, Everything was great for a ~month, then hair started falling out, shoulder hurting then pain all over. So I stopped for a while.

Now I eat mostly vegan with 4 ounces of fish or meat a day. Everything was great again until I crashed my bike. So now I'm laid up with concussion, torn knee, rotator cuff & fallen arch. So have stopped all the working out, but keeping diet.

Once I get EXPENSIVE fix up, I will just stick to the diet, weight machines & walking.
You reap what you sow,that’s what you get for workimg for Langley and hating America.

I am 67 and follow a strict workout regimen, myself.

I work all day, and when I arrive home I always do sets of arm curls involving vessels filled with amber liquid, the weight of the liquid gradually diminishing with each curl. When the weight falls below a certain threshold, I refill the vessel and begin the process anew.

I call my workout routine IPA, which stands for Impressive Physique Augmentation.
Strip sets. Very advanced.

I'm 69 and try to get one in 3-4x a week. That's my cardio.
I swim almost daily. Maybe 15-20 minutes across the bay and back. Slow and easy.Nothing stupid(but me)
6-59.jpeg

Work with what you have, huh? I just do clearing in our woods, cut vines to save trees and our fence, remove small trees for another trail I'm known as the Vine Terminator. Also use shovel ,pole saw, axe at times.So far I'm older than the rest of you by a couple years.

I am 75. Today I will go to the gym and do upper body workouts for an hour as I do seven days a week. I do eight stations with fifty reps at medium weight on nautilus machines as I have done since 1983. Then I will come home and eat a small meal. I will then punp up the tires on my road bike, a Cannondale Super Six, that I paid $5,000 for. I put on some special wheels that set me back $2,000 each. I do this because an expensive racing bike is much cheaper than triple bypass surgery or a heart transplant.

I quit weed in 1974 and tobacco in 1976. I ran 70 miles per week beginning in 1973 and was running 10k's in 30 minutes before stress fractures became an issue. I was already exerimenting with a bike becuse I wanted to do triathelons which I rejected due to time constraints.

I raced bikes often and have broken both my collar bones twice, a leg, an elbow, and I have had seven concussions. I gave up racing in the early 1990's but not cycling. I still ride fifty miles a day in the summer months. It is amazing how quickly the vascular pathways in your legs come back even after a winter off riding stationary bikes or walking on a treadmill.

My resting heartrate was 53 the last time I saw a doctor. She said she would guess I am 50 because my hair is white. I used to ride with a local club but Covid destoyed that so I ride alone now fighting for space on the roads with cars.

When I was still working I would ride until after dark with lights but now that I am retired I ride three hours a day and with the gym it is like a part time job. The economy is in ruins and my retirement may not be completely safe so returning to work is not off the table. My schoolmates and relatives are dropping like flies and this saddens me. They are being replaced with people who either don't or can't think. I took a road less traveled and it has made all the difference. It is a choice I do not regret.

The gym is waiting.
That is great. Shows a lot of discipline.

I am your age. I have given up on rigorous exercise but I still try to do 10K steps a day.

I never smoked weed or cigarettes. I don't do alcohol or any drug.

Most of my friends at or near my same age have arthritis or have had knee surgery but I am still good to go.

I do my own yard work instead of paying to have it done like most people my age. I swim often in my swimming pool.

I am a couple of pounds over weight but nothing significant. 6'3" 202 lbs. My son wants me to join a gym and do the weight lifting routine but I don't feel the need.

I had two low level cancers but they are completely gone now. The only medication I take is a thyroid supplement. Most of my friends take much more medication.

No diabetes or high cholesterol. Blood pressure fine. Heart is looking good with the last stress test I took last year.

You and I may be the last two people alive that was born in 1947 one of these days but you will probably last longer than me.

That is great. Shows a lot of discipline.

I am your age. I have given up on rigorous exercise but I still try to do 10K steps a day.

I never smoked weed or cigarettes. I don't do alcohol or any drug.

Most of my friends at or near my same age have arthritis or have had knee surgery but I am still good to go.

I do my own yard work instead of paying to have it done like most people my age. I swim often in my swimming pool.

I am a couple of pounds over weight but nothing significant. 6'3" 202 lbs. My son wants me to join a gym and do the weight lifting routine but I don't feel the need.

I had two low level cancers but they are completely gone now. The only medication I take is a thyroid supplement. Most of my friends take much more medication.

No diabetes or high cholesterol. Blood pressure fine. Heart is looking good with the last stress test I took last year.

You and I may be the last two people alive that was born in 1947 one of these days but you will probably last longer than me.
My old man is a 1926 model. You may have seen him in GA. He's the old guy in a caddy that flips you the bird when you don't use a turn signal

Forum List

Back