Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

bad bad news for all authoritarian gas-stations like KSA, Muscovy, Venezuela , what will happened to them once oil (so no crazy jets full of cash landing on the roof of the Putin´s dacha) becomes what is coal today ?

"
We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.
And it is likely to happen much more quickly than you imagine.
Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars....
_118691645_evs_sales-nc.png

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.
OnPEfRdT47FRKZho_MEvle7JoX-EmZaXKqGpWZUCuLlbSuezlKTAW64A-y4Bcvf1od_BTtsnm0R2UhEimnyjize9wgaeI82yauOAx8wFABkv4N3PoTEbEpl13Q

General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030."

Yep, when you only get 250 miles on a good day from an electric fill up, that took 1 hour, sure, the electric car is the way to go. But if you have to go from Florida to Arizona, and it takes you 10 fill ups and it is cold outside and the days are short, you have to fill up a few more times and longer because battteries dont do well in cold weather. And all those coal fired power plants need to be churning out the CO2 for the demand of all that electricity during that time because what happened in Texas can happen any where else.
You also predicted the demise of the Horseless Carriage
How many times did the electric car die off I history?

My recollection says three, once in the 1900s, another time in the 1970s and another time in the late 1990s

Batteries my friend, batteries
Daytona 200?

I wouldn't rely on any manufacturer's predictions that they will be making "only electric" more than five years out. They just don't think that way in the real world. If they are looking to be profitable, then full-speed ahead, but if the public rejects them, for whatever reason, then the car manufacturers will go where they perceive the profits are.

As I see it, the vast majority of people buying EV's today have more than one vehicle in the household. In effect, they would not be buying an EV if they didn't have that Jeep, or Pickup Truck, or SUV in the garage. For households with only one vehicle, EV's will be the last choice they would make.

And it is yet to be seen how they will fare on the used market. Will they be bargains because "nobody" will want a used one? Too soon to tell.

As I look at one for my next purchase, I still can't get my brain around how much I will actually save, year to year, on fuel cost. Is using the EPA equivalent fuel economy number a realistic way to calculate it? I don't know.

Remember all that screaming and pearl clutching Republicans did over LED lightbulbs?

whatever happened to all that?

seems like a lot of wasted energy
I gotta say. The ones I use do not last as long as what is reported. And you do pay a price for them.

Remember all that screaming and pearl clutching Republicans did over LED lightbulbs?

whatever happened to all that?

seems like a lot of wasted energy
I gotta say. The ones I use do not last as long as what is reported. And you do pay a price for them.
True LED lights really don't last any longer than my old incandescent bulbs

Of course, being electric, such a vehicle today could be easily adapted to future electrical storage matrices.
One reason manufacturers of today's cars don't like electric ones is that they will last too long.

Of course, being electric, such a vehicle today could be easily adapted to future electrical storage matrices.
One reason manufacturers of today's cars don't like electric ones is that they will last too long.
Not easily.

The vehicle would have to be taken apart because the batteries are built into the frame.

bad bad news for all authoritarian gas-stations like KSA, Muscovy, Venezuela , what will happened to them once oil (so no crazy jets full of cash landing on the roof of the Putin´s dacha) becomes what is coal today ?

"
We are in the middle of the biggest revolution in motoring since Henry Ford's first production line started turning back in 1913.
Many industry observers believe we have already passed the tipping point where sales of electric vehicles (EVs) will very rapidly overwhelm petrol and diesel cars....

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.
OnPEfRdT47FRKZho_MEvle7JoX-EmZaXKqGpWZUCuLlbSuezlKTAW64A-y4Bcvf1od_BTtsnm0R2UhEimnyjize9wgaeI82yauOAx8wFABkv4N3PoTEbEpl13Q

General Motors says it will make only electric vehicles by 2035, Ford says all vehicles sold in Europe will be electric by 2030 and VW says 70% of its sales will be electric by 2030."

Yep, when you only get 250 miles on a good day from an electric fill up, that took 1 hour, sure, the electric car is the way to go. But if you have to go from Florida to Arizona, and it takes you 10 fill ups and it is cold outside and the days are short, you have to fill up a few more times and longer because battteries dont do well in cold weather. And all those coal fired power plants need to be churning out the CO2 for the demand of all that electricity during that time because what happened in Texas can happen any where else.

Battery Technology: A New Era Emerging | Energy Industry ...

https://energyindustryreview.com › Analysis

31 Mar 2021 — The inception of the idea about a battery charged-electric vehicle is indeed ... compact, light and far more efficient nickel/metal (NiMH) accumulators. ... A brave new world is upon us, with many pioneers leading the way of developments. ... Northvolt is developing a blueprint for next-generation Lithium-ion ...
People who actually care about the environment rather than the economic redistribution scheme via carbon credits are properly horrified at what leftists are causing to happen to this planet.

Dirty lithium mining will save the Earth from those evil carbons...
View attachment 496146
View attachment 496147View attachment 496148
There is nothing green about EV's.
Very sad that people don't realize that destroying the water supply will eventually kill everyone and everything, while the CO2 they're losing their minds about is actually making it easier to feed the world.

We are at least 50 years from getting even close to getting off fossil fuels. Anyone who believes otherwise is naïve as FUCK.

Really depends on what you mean by "We" (U.S.? Global? Developed Nations?) and "getting off fossil fuels" (Completely off? 50% reduction? 75% reduction?), personally I don't think it will anywhere close to 50 years for alternative powered vehicles (electric, fuel cell, whatever) to become the dominate form of transportation in the United States, it's just makes too much sense to move from a fuel that is dirty and FINITE to one that is clean(er) and for all intents and purposes INFINITE.

Once you have a transportation fleet that is largely transitioned off of fossil fuels, it's a far easier task to clean up your power generation plants (far fewer of them than automobiles after all).

"

You also predicted the demise of the Horseless Carriage
How many times did the electric car die off I history?

My recollection says three, once in the 1900s, another time in the 1970s and another time in the late 1990s

It didn't 'die off" in the late 90's. it was killed. Murdered, to be precise. See for yourself.

I've already made six figures in my lithium stock buys, and the best is yet to come. All you skeptics of the coming EV revolution are also people who doubt the existence of climate change. They also think the earth is flat. They'll die off, like the dinosaur, and progress, and change, will continue ever more.

They've already been left behind by the technological revolution and cannot handle another one.

Dirty lithium mining will save the Earth from those evil carbons...
View attachment 496146
View attachment 496147View attachment 496148
There is nothing green about EV's.

These uneducated Environmental Wackos are absolutely convinced that EVs will somehow save the planet and they don't want to hear the truth.

Hell, these dumbasses don't even know that batteries only store electricity generated elsewhere. The dumb bastards think the batteries generate their own "green" energy or something.

I've already made six figures in my lithium stock buys, and the best is yet to come. All you skeptics of the coming EV revolution are also people who doubt the existence of climate change. They also think the earth is flat. They'll die off, like the dinosaur, and progress, and change, will continue ever more.

They've already been left behind by the technological revolution and cannot handle another one.
W. Bush set the Hydrogen powered car into motion. But the Progs stopped it at that time.

Forum List

Back