Why don’t you wear a mask?

so Bob. how do you know that these people not washing their hands are trump supporters? Are you questioning people in the john, Bob? This is not a good idea, Bob. This is what the cops look for. This is why over zealous guys lurking in the john land up in a bloody pulp on the john floor.

Traditionally, that's certainly the case.

But now that homosexuality has been largely "normalized" in America, even giving a gay guy a rough time over his behavior in public latrines is considered a "hate crime".

For some people using their brain means pain. They don't like the pain so they avoid using the brain. It's just like exercise.

Unless an actual cure is developed, wearing a ask will not save any lives. All it does is delay the eventual spread of the virus throughout the entire population.

Slowing the spread can be an important thing. As of a report yesterday, 56 ICUs in Florida were at capacity, and more were within 10% of capacity. This virus seems to spread quickly enough that slowing it is a good goal. :dunno:

Yeah, that's what the news was trying to say about hospitals in Arizona, too, except it's not actually true.

It was based on Florida Department of Health numbers, as I recall.

Well, stop recalling and start linking, because - no offense - I don't accept anyone's recollection as hard fact.

Unless an actual cure is developed, wearing a ask will not save any lives. All it does is delay the eventual spread of the virus throughout the entire population.

Slowing the spread can be an important thing. As of a report yesterday, 56 ICUs in Florida were at capacity, and more were within 10% of capacity. This virus seems to spread quickly enough that slowing it is a good goal. :dunno:

Yeah, that's what the news was trying to say about hospitals in Arizona, too, except it's not actually true.

There are a lot of patients in ICU's every day of the week- even before the Corona panic.

If they don't have a lot of patients in the expensive ICU's, the hospitals are losing money. But the ICU's aren't filled up with Corona patients.

Exactly. There ARE quite a few patients in the ICUs in Arizona . . . but less than half of them are there for Covid-19. The same is true for regular hospital patients. That's the part the media leaves out of the story.

Hospital censuses have been down in most places during the Corona panic.

"elective" surgeries like new hips, knees and breasts, cancer screenings like colonoscopies and mammography , other procedures were all cancelled. Now, these things are being done, and business is picking up. This is all necessary work.
According to Doctors, hospitals are filling up with virus cases.

There are a lot of patients in ICU's every day of the week- even before the Corona panic.

If they don't have a lot of patients in the expensive ICU's, the hospitals are losing money. But the ICU's aren't filled up with Corona patients.

Exactly. There ARE quite a few patients in the ICUs in Arizona . . . but less than half of them are there for Covid-19. The same is true for regular hospital patients. That's the part the media leaves out of the story.

Hospital censuses have been down in most places during the Corona panic.

"elective" surgeries like new hips, knees and breasts, cancer screenings like colonoscopies and mammography , other procedures were all cancelled. Now, these things are being done, and business is picking up. This is all necessary work.
According to hospital spokespeople, they are short on beds due to the virus spike.
US Hospital ICUs Filling Up After Another Record-Breaking ...
www.voanews.com › covid-19-pandemic › us-hospital-...

Jul 10, 2020 - The U.S. reported more than 64000 cases of the coronavirus Thursday, a record high number, filling up intensive care units in hospitals in the ...

That's bullshit. Business is picking up at hospitals but most of the patients in regular beds as well as the ICU are there for the usual heart attacks, strokes, auto accidents and other regular business.

ICU sections of hospitals existed long before Corona, and hospital need to keep these (expensive) beds filled.
You are correct. The medical profession is full of shit, yes?

I disagree. Some people need ICU treatment. If you are in a Democrat hell hole city and some guy comes up and shoots you so he can take your money, the ICU isn't a bad place to be. Better than the morgue.
You disagree with the medical people who are on the firing line, yes?

We are not in a spike in deaths or hospitalizations. YOU may be seeing a spike in number of infections but those are because of tests, Bob. You're a smart guy Bob. Why are you so obtuse on this?? BOB...you just don't want anyone to have any fun, do you BOB. NO FUN. Everyone. Bob is not happy. Curb the enjoyment, okay?
You go and have fun and damn the evidence. The fun ends where the virus spike begins.

Jul 10, 2020 - The U.S. reported more than 64000 cases of the coronavirus Thursday, a record high number, filling up intensive care units in hospitals in the ...

Hospital census was DOWN during the height of the Corona panic in New York and elsewhere. Hospital were laying off as people put off their prostrate operations and boob jobs. The vast majority of the 64000 positive corona cases are being treated or not treated at home (most cases of corona require no treatment)
Hospitals are being overwhelmed with virus cases. Do you watch Fox news?

We are not in a spike in deaths or hospitalizations. YOU may be seeing a spike in number of infections but those are because of tests, Bob. You're a smart guy Bob. Why are you so obtuse on this?? BOB...you just don't want anyone to have any fun, do you BOB. NO FUN. Everyone. Bob is not happy. Curb the enjoyment, okay?
You go and have fun and damn the evidence. The fun ends where the virus spike begins.

Hospital census was DOWN during the height of the Corona panic in New York and elsewhere. Hospital were laying off as people put off their prostrate operations and boob jobs. The vast majority of the 64000 positive corona cases are being treated or not treated at home (most cases of corona require no treatment)
Hospitals are being overwhelmed with virus cases. Do you watch Fox news?
I do on occasion but that doesn't necessarily mean i believe their source anymore than i would believe CNN. We are way past the time Bob when the american public can take what they hear on the news to the bank.

This isn't about the transmission of a virus. It is about Much much more.

"

Mask wearing is not about stopping the transmission of a virus. It is, instead, about much more. Masking is about control and coercion, it is about psychological manipulation and conditioning, and it has a religious component, something that has been addressed by The New American already and that will be the subject of additional scrutiny in the future. But masks are also about identifying, classifying, and separating people: specifically those who are now controlled or willing to be controlled, and those independent and freedom-loving Americans hold fast to the Jeffersonian ideals of 1776 who cannot be controlled. For the latter, those now identified by the researchers cited by Newsweek as having the “Dark Triad” traits, it is about dehumanization and demonization.

By separating the mask wearers from the mask doubters, the fear propagandists have created a population that they are now smearing as psychologically defective, and prone, therefore, to social violence. They are thus, at the very least, defective humans. Worse, they are subhuman, not worthy of inclusion in the mask-wearers’ future “new normal.”

This creates conditions where it is dangerous to be someone who refuses to wear a mask. Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker, a radical leftist, is explicit on this point. If you don’t wear a mask, he says, “You’re endangering everyone around you. The enemy is you.”

That kind of irresponsible talk is dangerous, and it puts people at risk. In fact, already people have been attacked by authorities for not wearing masks. In May, a mother was violently attacked by police in a New York subway for not “properly” wearing a mask. Other examples abound. In Miami, the city has gone so far as to create a special police team dedicated to cracking down on people not wearing masks.

~~~~

JUst like Saudi Arabia, those burqa clad women going around beating women for not wearing the burqa.

Well, stop recalling and start linking, because - no offense - I don't accept anyone's recollection as hard fact.
I’m at work at lunch, so this is very preliminary: Workbook: Public

Hopefully that works. I normallydo things on the pc, not my phone.
There are plenty of articles about Florida icu usage if you do a search :dunno:

Florida gun shot deaths and covid deaths WEEKS ago suddenly counted covid deaths official mortality reporting.

yeah. Don't tell me these bureaucrats aren't politicized and weaponized.

Yeah, um, that's missing some rather important information points, which you seem to be filling in by making assumptions.

How many of those ICU patients are in ICU for Covid-19? What is the standard availability in those ICUs? What is the optimal availability in those ICUs, according to the hospitals themselves? What are their contingency plans in the case of full ICU capacity?

Sorry, I don't trust "articles about ICU usage" any more, because virtually no one is even pretending to be serious, objective, and fact-based at this point.

Yeah, um, that's missing some rather important information points, which you seem to be filling in by making assumptions.

How many of those ICU patients are in ICU for Covid-19? What is the standard availability in those ICUs? What is the optimal availability in those ICUs, according to the hospitals themselves? What are their contingency plans in the case of full ICU capacity?

Sorry, I don't trust "articles about ICU usage" any more, because virtually no one is even pretending to be serious, objective, and fact-based at this point.
Which assumptions am I making? I pointed out icu usages as they were reported. I feel confident at least a significant portion of those were COVID related, but I don’t know how many fewer ice beds are being used by non-COVID patients than normal. I hope those hospitals don’t regularly operate at capacity, but can’t say for certain.

Which assumptions am I making? I pointed out icu usages as they were reported. I feel confident at least a significant portion of those were COVID related, but I don’t know how many fewer ice beds are being used by non-COVID patients than normal. I hope those hospitals don’t regularly operate at capacity, but can’t say for certain.

"I feel confident at least a significant portion . . ." is an assumption. Also, mentioning this in a thread about Covid-19, in a post that also says, "Slowing the spread can be important", etc. tells me you're assuming that the ICU population is largely because of Covid-19.

I can't speak for Florida, but I know the hospital population - and ICU population - in Arizona was about 30% from Covid-19, when I last checked at the beginning of the week. The other 70% were there for something else, whether or not they were positive for Covid.

"I feel confident at least a significant portion . . ." is an assumption. Also, mentioning this in a thread about Covid-19, in a post that also says, "Slowing the spread can be important", etc. tells me you're assuming that the ICU population is largely because of Covid-19.

I can't speak for Florida, but I know the hospital population - and ICU population - in Arizona was about 30% from Covid-19, when I last checked at the beginning of the week. The other 70% were there for something else, whether or not they were positive for Covid.

None of those things were things I had said in my previous posts. You appeared to be making assumptions about what you believe I was assuming. ;) Further, the number of ICU's at capacity went up in Florida pretty significantly over a short period. It seems likely to be at least partly COVID-related, given the situation, but if you want to dismiss it as merely assumption, go ahead.

Is there a particular percentage of people in the ICU for COVID that has to be reached before you think trying to slow the spread is important?

Forum List

Back