Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

Even the doe deer VALUE the lil human baboos!

Notice the ALERT STANCE of that doe like she is listening intently & ready to protect the lil baboo laying on the deck!

How ill are you and how much protection do you require?

Even the doe deer VALUE the lil human baboos!

Notice the ALERT STANCE of that doe like she is listening intently & ready to protect the lil baboo laying on the deck!
Baby does sound like a fawn's bleat. Never noticed that before.
Love that deck and house. One fortunate kid.

The US ARMY was formed in 1775.

The USMC was formed in 1775, as well.

Obviously, the U.S population (tax base) and the Military both have grown significantly.

If it is YOUR claim that the ratio SHOULD have changed to the extent that it has, since 1900, then feel free to explain WHY you think it should have changed.

Also, give us the day of the year that you believe the "Tax Freedom Day" should fall on.
January 31st, with a mandatory balanced budget. Government, especially at the federal level is bloated beyond comprehension.

I’m not disagreeing with this premise, but you should probably know that Republicans don’t actually pass permanent tax cuts for the poor or middle class.
Nobody does. I didn’t waste my time attacking the Sims. In fact, I have previously noted that the GOP is about as guilty as the Dims.
The one in 2017 had tax cuts for poor or middle class that were due to expire in 2025. Meanwhile, tax cuts for the wealthy that are useless for the economy were made permanent.
Ok. You got me. Those fuckin’ Dims.
In contrast, Obama was responsible for the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan. Revenue as a percentage of GDP went up regardless.
He was? I thought he was the President, not the Congress.

January 31st, with a mandatory balanced budget. Government, especially at the federal level is bloated beyond comprehension.
I forget now, what the tax increase was - that spurred the "Boston Tea Party." It was minor (pennies on the dollar) compared to what we have today.

My question is, what "tax freedom day" amounts to enslavement and tyranny?

Part of me thinks we are already there.

Nobody does. I didn’t waste my time attacking the Sims. In fact, I have previously noted that the GOP is about as guilty as the Dims.

Ok. You got me. Those fuckin’ Dims.

He was? I thought he was the President, not the Congress.
It was his signature legislation. A president passing signature legislation through congress is the best accomplishment possible.

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

We understand the consequences. If the government has hundreds of billions to give to Ukraine and fund stupid wars we have no business being in, then the government has too much money.

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

Republicans know that allowing people to keep more of what they earn, making it more profitable for entrepreneurs to start new businesses and for existing businesses to expand/grow/innovate, along with a government that is fiscally responsible and regulates no more than is absolutely necessary is the recipe for quality of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and a free, strong, prosperous America.

And yet your side doesn't want to cut spending, so tell me if you raise taxes and keep on spending how do you get spending under control?

And yet your side doesn't want to cut spending, so tell me if you raise taxes and keep on spending how do you get spending under control?
This is what baffles me. They see no problem with spending at all. They view all spending as necessary for their grand fair society. The corrupt and wasteful discretionary spending doesn't bother them at all because they see it as a drop in the bucket to the grand mandatory spending nightmare. There is no limit to the cost of their grand society, and somehow all they have to do is close loopholes on rich people and they will have a blank check. They actually think they can tax their way into Utopia.

I’m not disagreeing with this premise, but you should probably know that Republicans don’t actually pass permanent tax cuts for the poor or middle class. The one in 2017 had tax cuts for poor or middle class that were due to expire in 2025. Meanwhile, tax cuts for the wealthy that are useless for the economy were made permanent.

In contrast, Obama was responsible for the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan. Revenue as a percentage of GDP went up regardless.

The one in 2017 had tax cuts for poor or middle class that were due to expire in 2025.

The Dems could have made them permanent after Biden took office.
They could introduce a bill now to make them permanent.

Why don't they?

In contrast, Obama was responsible for the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan.

Which taxes did he cut? Link?

The problem with Lefties, they believe Fiscal and Monetary policies are simple, just up taxes, just reduce spending. But you have to consider the economy, how it's running.

So reducing taxes can stimulate growth, which often leads to increased tax receipts to the government, as mentioned in post #2.

Then one tool for recessions, is quantities easing, print more money, but it weakens your currency. Then high inflation, you take money out of the economy by increasing interest rates, it takes disposal income out of pockets, makes cost of borrowing more, so people buy less which reduces demand, which reduces inflation.

So you thread is quite a simpleton Utopian thought.

The consequences are that we end up making more money because it encourages investment. When are you democrats goign to understand that? When are you democrats EVER going to understand anything about economics? Your party has done nothing but fail at economics for my entire life.

Ronald Reagan stated it very well, when he stated that the problem is not that we don't pay enough in taxes, but that government wastes too much of our money.
And Reagan was right, because he was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, culprits.
Until Trump came a long and took his title.

Forum List

Back