CDZ Why don't American, so called, "feminists" go after the hijab...an actual symbol of oppression....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam is unique.

It is unique in the way it combines politics and religion. It is unique in the way it was crafted quite intentionally by a warrior seeking a way to bind his converts to him. It is unique in placing a serial rapist and mass murderer as the world,s most perfect man. It is unique in the way it calls for it's adherents to wage eternal war against all that is not Islamic. It is unique on the world stage today in the actions of it!s adherents as they seek to follow the instructions of the warlord. It is unique in the way it is so inherently supremacist and totalitarian, micromanaging people!s lives down to the iota.

It is unique in many ways.

Can you do me a solid,, though, and find one single thread where the subject was Islam and you did not defend it through false comparisons to other religions or people's? Your trying to craft this illusion that Islam is no different than any other religion is much like claiming a fish is no different than a torpedo because after all, they both travel through water.

Islam varies hugely in how it is followed around the world. For example Pakistan and the US.

Historically - Mohammed was far more complex then you describe - both in terms of peace, war, rules concerning war, being persecuted, and finally fighting back. It's a religion that sprang out of bad conditions and it contains a lot of rules - codes of conduct. Part of the problem though, is some people only focus on parts and that includes it's followers. I don't see much point in going into it. People aren't interested in actual history so this will lead to just a running battle of quotes and verses.

Your remark "do me a solid" is childish. Find a quote by me anywhere, where I've defended the religiously inspired abuses of Islam.

So you cannot find a single thread where you didn't defend Islam by indulging in false equivalences to Christianity.

Duly noted.

Sure, multiple ones such as this one. Not every equivalency is false, Comparing the wearing of a hijab in the US to Jewish women's headgear to Amish women's garb - all very traditional, strict societies with rigid rules for woman and reported abuse and violence to them - is an accurate comparison.
Were you somehow under the impression that Amish are not Christian?

You still haven't documented all the acid attacks, smileys and honor killings suffered by Amish women.

You not only compared behavior common in Islam but rare in Christianity, but intentionally ignored the enormous difference In treatment - all to defend Islam.

I'm well aware that the Amish are a Christian sect...not sure what your point is there...

How common is it among Muslims in the United States? What stats do you have to indicate it is more common then among other religious demographics? I provided instances that show it IS a problem in these groups, a frequently hidden problem but none the less real.
I asked if there were ever a thread about Islam where you did not engage in your tu quoque fallacies by making false equivalences with Christianity. You responded that this thread was proof that you did, but the fact that Amish are Christian makes your claim counter factual.

The usual suspects tried to make it about fashion on this thread.

And I'm for an Islamic Reformation, and so are some brave Muslims who are risking their lives for it. But when I bring them up, the Regressives here go after them. They need to be challenged by more real liberals.

Sellouts trying to ingratiate themselves to White People don't impress me.

It's not your place to call for a reformation of Islam, buddy. That's the point.

Facts are "Islamophobic" now, are they?

No wonder you like to talk just like genocidal Islamofascist mullahs when speaking of Israel.

Anything less in your strange little world would be Islamophobic.

You called Mohammed a "serial rapist" (no evidence) and a mass murderer" (again, no evidence).

you could make some truly disparaging comments about Moses based on what is in the bible itself.

Was it the Amish who killed 3000 Americans by running planes into the WTC buildings? Are the Amish following an ideology that calls on them to wage war on all that isn't Amish? Are the Amish raping children all across Britain and causing huge spikes in rape throughout Western Europe? Do Amish create conflict with absolutely every non Amish group with whom they come in contact?

Goodness, gracious sakes, alive, we certainly do need to forget about Islam and start focusing on the Amish!!! Islam is really all about puppies and kitties and rainbows and unicorns, whereas this Amish business is obviously the real threat to us all!

yup, you're not Islamophobic at all.

I find it amusing that 9/11 is your go-to for why the Muzzies are Evil.

Um, did you forget the fact that Ronald Reagan armed those guys? Compared them to the Founding Fathers even, because they were fighting the Russians.

reagan-taliban-quote.jpg

In short, we nurtured a bigger, angrier hornet and then got upset when it stung us.

Dogmaphobe, take a look, this is what we were discussing yesterday.

This one may as well be a fundamentalist Muslim, the way he defends and attacks. Even talk of some kind of Reformation triggers him, and he'll toss around "Islamophobe" as easily as he does "racist". But there is no one here more vicious in his attacks against Christians.

He's USMB's best example of my point, and he keeps proving it for me, every day.

You mean I keep pointing out your Islamophobia every day? Yes, I do.

The problem is, you are in denial.

You see, when I bash Christianity, I don't pretend I'm not bashing Christianity, I'm not clutching my pearls calling for a reform of it (the reformation they had probably caused more problems and holy wars than it solved).

We get it Mac. You hate Muslims. I'm not sure why. I know why I hate Christianity, it made my childhood a truly miserable experience. Also, they believe a lot of really silly stuff (CDZ edit).

But some western educated sellout telling you that those other Muslims sure are savages, has about as much credibility with me as Ben Carson (who benefited from government programs all his life) telling us the welfare state is destroying black people.

They are pandering to an audience that wants to hear a validation of their bigotry, and they shouldn't be taken seriously.

We don't need a "reform" of Islam, we need to "reform" our idiotic policies of invading, bombing or occupying their part of the world.

In short, we need to (CDZ version) stop sticking our hands into a hornet's nest and complaining about getting stung.

And when you say "see, see?" I know that on some level, you know I am right, but it would upset your Muslim-hating worldview to admit we cause 99% of our own problems.

Dogmaphobe, take a look, this is what we were discussing yesterday.

This one may as well be a fundamentalist Muslim, the way he defends and attacks. Even talk of some kind of Reformation triggers him, and he'll toss around "Islamophobe" as easily as he does "racist". But there is no one here more vicious in his attacks against Christians.

He's USMB's best example of my point, and he keeps proving it for me, every day.

You mean I keep pointing out your Islamophobia every day? Yes, I do.

The problem is, you are in denial.

You see, when I bash Christianity, I don't pretend I'm not bashing Christianity, I'm not clutching my pearls calling for a reform of it (the reformation they had probably caused more problems and holy wars than it solved).

We get it Mac. You hate Muslims. I'm not sure why. I know why I hate Christianity, it made my childhood a truly miserable experience. Also, they believe a lot of really silly stuff (CDZ edit).

But some western educated sellout telling you that those other Muslims sure are savages, has about as much credibility with me as Ben Carson (who benefited from government programs all his life) telling us the welfare state is destroying black people.

They are pandering to an audience that wants to hear a validation of their bigotry, and they shouldn't be taken seriously.

We don't need a "reform" of Islam, we need to "reform" our idiotic policies of invading, bombing or occupying their part of the world.

In short, we need to (CDZ version) stop sticking our hands into a hornet's nest and complaining about getting stung.

And when you say "see, see?" I know that on some level, you know I am right, but it would upset your Muslim-hating worldview to admit we cause 99% of our own problems.
Dogmaphobe, Coyote

Guys this is CDZ, get back on topic which is essentially in whether hijab is oppression. No insults. No put downs.

Guys this is CDZ, get back on topic which is essentially in whether hijab is oppression. No insults. No put downs.

this thread should not be in CDZ--------the question, itself, precludes a CDZ discussion.

this thread should not be in CDZ--------the question, itself, precludes a CDZ discussion.
It is however and until now it has been a contentious but highly civil conversation.
Any conversation can be civil, if contentious. It just depends on the participants.

It is however and until now it has been a contentious but highly civil conversation.

you are naïve------the QUESTION----is an attack on DIVINE SHARIAH LAW. ----an attack on "allah"

you are naïve------the QUESTION----is an attack on DIVINE SHARIAH LAW. ----an attack on "allah"

That is not the topic however.

Any conversation can be civil, if contentious. It just depends on the participants.

"civil" is a subjective issue.

"civil" is a subjective issue.
Well, Coyote said "no insults, no put downs". So it's up to us to try to avoid those. Sometimes we fail.

This is a perfectly reasonable topic, and we should be able to discuss it civilly. If we can't, I'd think that's more on us.

the formulation of the title of the thread----IN ITSELF----not "civil" -----"so called feminists"????
is that something like "so called Christians"? or "so called human beings"?

the formulation of the title of the thread----IN ITSELF----not "civil" -----"so called feminists"????
is that something like "so called Christians"? or "so called human beings"?
Well, filter out the semantics, ignore any perceived slight and just address the clear underlying issue. Then we just keep going.

Ok -----the topic is-------as I read it. "is the head covering mandated by divine Islamic law oppressive
to women to the extent that persons seeking to oppose oppression SHOULD oppose the head covering
mandated by divine Islamic law or be guilty of hypocrisy"?? My comment is ---I oppose oppression of
ALL HUMANS and, therefore, do not find it POSSIBLE to discuss this tiny issue IN ISOLATION---time for
me to leave this thread

Facts are "Islamophobic" now, are they?

No wonder you like to talk just like genocidal Islamofascist mullahs when speaking of Israel.

Anything less in your strange little world would be Islamophobic.

You called Mohammed a "serial rapist" (no evidence) and a mass murderer" (again, no evidence).

you could make some truly disparaging comments about Moses based on what is in the bible itself.
There is plenty of evidence for both. His very livelihood involved murder and theft, and he even ordered his followers to rape women in front of their husbands and then kill the men.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back