Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Simple. Because there is a Democrat in the White House. The debt increases under Bush didn't bother them, nor did the debt increases under Reagan.

Right up until Bush Jr the debt was managable.

It's not anymore and it's nearing a catastophic point.

What I don't get, is the people that praised clinton avoid things he did to get this phantom surplus like the friggin plague.

I guess I just don't get it. I suppose I see the importance in not being broke, but above all else?

Simple. Because there is a Democrat in the White House. The debt increases under Bush didn't bother them, nor did the debt increases under Reagan.

Yup, and when Bush was in office Dems LooOoVed to talk about that debt and how that money spend on the 2 wars could be better spent at home. Now Democrats defend Obama starting a third war and believe Afgahnistan is a good thing... Oh and that the Iraq war is over, lol.... silly Democrats, how much you remind us of the Neocons.

Last edited:

And with so many, like the OP, who question this... is it any shock that we have millions of people with their own unmanageable debt in this country???... millions who just cannot understand how bad of a situation debt brings... whether it be governmental or personal...

The "if it feels good, do it... worry about it later" mantra has really served a severe blow to our country and society

Why does the debt matter so much to Repubs?

It only matters to Republicans when they're not in power. True story. :thup:

Dude,

$300 billion under Bush, Left considers it cataclysmic

$1.5 trillion under Hussein the Left considers it the cost of doing business

And you say this? As pathetic as the Republicans are, they got nothing on you.

I'm speaking about Republicans which is what the OP is about (read the title again, please). The Left has their own problems. Your little comparison is childish.

It only matters to Republicans when they're not in power. True story. :thup:

Dude,

I'm speaking about Republicans which is what the OP is about (read the title again, please). The Left has their own problems. Your little comparison is childish.

To point out hypocrisy is "childish?" I'm sure if Republicans criticized Democrats for something they do even worse you'd criticize any Democrat who pointed out that it was hypocrisy was being childish as well, right?

Were my facts on the level of debt Democrats reacted to with Bush while being OK with BO childish too? Facts are childish, racist, sexist and homophobic you know...

What I don't get, is the people that praised clinton avoid things he did to get this phantom surplus like the friggin plague.

Oh, so it was "managable". I see. So, who decides is debt is "managable" or not? You? Please layout your guidelines for "managable" debt.

And with so many, like the OP, who question this... is it any shock that we have millions of people with their own unmanageable debt in this country???... millions who just cannot understand how bad of a situation debt brings... whether it be governmental or personal...

The "if it feels good, do it... worry about it later" mantra has really served a severe blow to our country and society

Actually that mantra got replaced with "Keeping up with the Joneses."

If your neighbor got a pool, you had to get one. If you couldn't afford it... well that's what credit is for.

Oh, so it was "managable". I see. So, who decides is debt is "managable" or not? You? Please layout your guidelines for "managable" debt.

We should have zero deficit other then in times of war, and we should only be at war when we are actually attacked.

If we go broke we will have no more social programs period.
No Union pensions, No Social Security, No Medicare or Medicaid, No money for schools or roads.
We will become a 3rd world republic.

Dude,

To point out hypocrisy is "childish?" I'm sure if Republicans criticized Democrats for something they do even worse you'd criticize any Democrat who pointed out that it was hypocrisy was being childish as well, right?

Were my facts on the level of debt Democrats reacted to with Bush while being OK with BO childish too? Facts are childish, racist, sexist and homophobic you know...

To attempt to derail the thread because you don't want to hear the truth about Republicans is childish. Now take a deep breath and try to focus on the Republicans for a moment. Leave out the Democrats, please. (You can't, can you...)

Try right up until the point that our GDP the same as our Debt your party has created in the last three years. leaving aside the Interest on that debt which increasingly we can't pay for.

When you are decade from getting close to the point that you can't make the intrest payments.

Please don't tell me you are fool enough to defend over a trillion in debt.

To attempt to derail the thread because you don't want to hear the truth about Republicans is childish. Now take a deep breath and try to focus on the Republicans for a moment. Leave out the Democrats, please. (You can't, can you...)

It's not derailing the thread, it's the point of the thread. The question is why do Republicans only care about debt when they aren't in power.

2 1/2 years ago you and yours were on the floor in rabid hysteria over $300 billion debts. We all remember it. It was...two....and....a....half.....years....ago. Obviously you don't care about debt, you care about attacking Republicans. That is what this thread is about, lame hypocrisy.

I cared about the deficit two and a half years ago when it was Bush and $300 billion and I care about it now that Hussein's racking up $1.5 Trillion Dollars. I am consistent. But being supported by you and your lame hypocrisy is zero benefit because it's lame hypocrisy you don't give a crap about.

It's not derailing the thread, it's the point of the thread. The question is why do Republicans only care about debt when they aren't in power.

2 1/2 years ago you and yours were on the floor in rabid hysteria over $300 billion debts. We all remember it. It was...two....and....a....half.....years....ago. Obviously you don't care about debt, you care about attacking Republicans. That is what this thread is about, lame hypocrisy.

I cared about the deficit two and a half years ago when it was Bush and $300 billion and I care about it now that Hussein's racking up $1.5 Trillion Dollars. I am consistent. But being supported by you and your lame hypocrisy is zero benefit because it's lame hypocrisy you don't give a crap about.

You are consistent, I'll give you that. You speak of "you and yours" which is your attempt to put me in the camp of the Democrats. Wrong. I'd be willing to bet that most liberals on this board consider me a Conservative which is also wrong. But in any case, you're going to derail the thread anyway so I'll just respond to your point. Bush had a deficit 2-1/2 years ago which was bad. (Recall the deficit spending under Bush and a Republican-controlled Congress. Please keep that in mind.) Now the deficits we have that were created by Democrats are also bad. So to sum it up: deficit spending is bad. Got it?

Why does the debt matter to the GOP? Cuz our kids and grandkids will have to pay the bill. Yes, the GOP screwed up the last time they were in the WH and had a majority in Congress. But they never went this far off the reservation like Obama and the democrats have.

That's blatantly false. It mattered to Republicans which is why we didnt go out to support the leaders who werent leading on the subject in 06 and 08.

Forum List

Back