Zone1 Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality?

Well, that's rich considering Little Richard was gay all his life before he made that declaration on May 4, 1982, on Late Night with David Letterman

I sincerely doubt he really changed his sexual preference. Two years later, he declared he was *omnisexual, whatever that means.

*Chalmers, Robert (March 29, 2012). "GQ Legend: Little Richard". GQ Magazine. Condé Nast.
It doesn't change the fact that he said it, and I heard him say it.

Correct. We agree again. For all have sinned. So what do we do now?
Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Yep. This is about how far they dare go. Once you get them to agree that homosexuality is sin, the next step is what do we do about it? That's where they go silent.
It's the result of an unregenerate heart. They can't help it. Without Christ and the Holy Spirit, all they have is a sinful,worldly perspective.

We all live in sin. Every last one of us.

Yes. But there's a difference between sinning yet knowing you did something wrong and having a repentant heart about it....vs sinning and not only denying it's a sin but even celebrating and taking pride in it. The latter shouldn't be supported, which is what you are pretty much doing. And then when anyone calls you on it, you say we're judging and we're the bad guy. What you don't seem to get is that one can love others AND (when appropriate) speak the truth at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive. In fact it's much more loving to tell people the truth, and that is what we are supposed to do. (Ephesians 4:15)

Last edited:
Yes. But there's a difference between sinning yet knowing you did something wrong and having a repentant heart about it...vs sinning and not only denying it's a sin but even celebrating and taking pride in it. The latter shouldn't be supported, which is what you are pretty much doing. And then when anyone calls you on it, you say we're judging and we're the bad guy. What you don't seem to get is that one can love others AND (when appropriate) speak the truth at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive. In fact it's much more loving to tell people the truth.
But the fact is, I cannot repent for your sin or anybody else's sin. Just my own. That's why I think there are so many passages in the Bible that warn us, tell us, teach us, counsel us that judging another person's thoughts, mind, heart is God's job, not ours.

Yes we must speak out against what people do that harm people. We are to protect the children, feed the hungry, take care of the sick, visit those in prison, care for widows and orphans, etc. etc. etc. Yes our laws should protect all against those who would harm them.

But we are all sinners and fall short. And we are told again and again that we should not assume somebody else's sin is worse than our own.

Does it ever even explain why in the Bible? Or is it simply just because God intended for men and women to be together because only they can reproduce?

Luke 27:18 And God saw two men doing the nasty and thus said the Lord "EEEEEWWWWWW Fooey Yuky ishy poo poo...that's just GROSS"

But the fact is, I cannot repent for your sin or anybody else's sin. Just my own. That's why I think there are so many passages in the Bible that warn us, tell us, teach us, counsel us that judging another person's thoughts, mind, heart is God's job, not ours.

Yes we must speak out against what people do that harm people. We are to protect the children, feed the hungry, take care of the sick, visit those in prison, care for widows and orphans, etc. etc. etc. Yes our laws should protect all against those who would harm them.

But we are all sinners and fall short. And we are told again and again that we should not assume somebody else's sin is worse than our own.

You're missing the point. We're not talking about a hierarchy of sin. It's not about claiming that their sin is worse than others. The worldly view is that homosexuality is not a sin at all.... and not only are people denying it's a sin, but celebrating it and taking pride in it. So that's a whole different situation than what you are trying to make this about. We are supposed to speak the truth, in love... not go along with the worldly view and say nothing, just because everyone's a sinner.

I'm not even talking about going out of one's way to do that.... as someone else mentioned, when the topic DOES come up, Christians are supposed to speak the truth, not enable or embrace worldly lies.

It's the result of an unregenerate heart. They can't help it. Without Christ and the Holy Spirit, all they have is a sinful,worldly perspective.

Hey, man, you ain't lived until the self-righteous call you both an unregenerate and an ahole. lol...

You're missing the point. We're not talking about a hierarchy of sin. It's not about claiming that their sin is worse than others. The worldly view is that homosexuality is not a sin at all.... and not only are people denying it's a sin, but celebrating it and taking pride in it. So that's a whole different situation than what you are trying to make this about. We are supposed to speak the truth, in love... not go along with the worldly view and say nothing, just because everyone's a sinner.

I'm not even talking about going out of one's way to do that.... as someone else mentioned, when the topic DOES come up, Christians are supposed to speak the truth, not enable or embrace worldly lies.
But what is the truth? God once allowed polygamy according to Scriptures. So is polygamy okay today? The ancient Hebrews/Israelites had many of dietary rules/laws most of which only the most rigidly Orthodox try to follow today and most Christians do not feel compelled to follow any today.

At one point scripture has God ordering the Israelites to kill all of their enemy--men, women, children, babies, livestock--every living person and living thing belonging to those persons. What Christian would believe that is God's will for us now or that anyone would be justified doing that?

I do not believe God gives me authority to condemn homosexuality any more than He gives me authority to condemn any other human condition that somebody is born with. I can condemn grooming, sexualizing young children, and any other evil imposed on society, but I won't condemn my gay friend who gives every appearance of living his/her life more commendably than I likely live mine.

I take far more seriously the admonitions of Jesus recorded in Matthew 23 than anything consenting adults may be doing in the privacy of their bedrooms.

But what is the truth? God once allowed polygamy according to Scriptures. So is polygamy okay today? The ancient Hebrews/Israelites had many of dietary rules/laws most of which only the most rigidly Orthodox try to follow today and most Christians do not feel compelled to follow any today.

At one point scripture has God ordering the Israelites to kill all of their enemy--men, women, children, babies, livestock--every living person and living thing belonging to those persons. What Christian would believe that is God's will for us now or that anyone would be justified doing that?

I do not believe God gives me authority to condemn homosexuality any more than He gives me authority to condemn any other human condition that somebody is born with. I can condemn grooming, sexualizing young children, and any other evil imposed on society, but I won't condemn my gay friend who gives every appearance of living his/her life more commendably than I likely live mine.

I take far more seriously the admonitions of Jesus recorded in Matthew 23 than anything consenting adults may be doing in the privacy of their bedrooms.

This deserves a thoughtful reply, so I'll have to get back to it when I have time. I gotta cook right now. But the Cliff Notes version is, it's still a sin. Btw, thank you for being civil in a controversial topic.

nd we are told again and again that we should not assume somebody else's sin is worse than our own
Few sins have done more damage to the country than the EMBRACE and normalization of homosexuality. It has opened the door to the tolerance of even worse.

We see the results in the mental illness we see today among our latest generation, forced to "confess" There's nothing wrong with it"

Few sins have done more damage to the country than the EMBRACE and normalization of homosexuality. It has opened the door to the tolerance of even worse.

We see the results in the mental illness we see today among our latest generation, forced to "confess" There's nothing wrong with it"

I have not addressed the evils of politicizing 'morality' or pushing social engineering, sometimes militantly. Those topics are entirely unrelated to whether a person born gay sins when engaging in consensual sex in a committed relationship. Sociopolitical militancy is a totally different topic from whether any person has God's blessing and/or moral authority to condemn that relationship.

I have not addressed the evils of politicizing 'morality' or pushing social engineering, sometimes militantly. Those topics are entirely unrelated to whether a person born gay sins when engaging in consensual sex in a committed relationship. Sociopolitical militancy is a totally different topic from whether any person has God's blessing and/or moral authority to condemn that relationship.
So right back to the "born this way" rubbish. Then you would justify an axe murderer's sin by saying he was "born this way" or an alcoholic being "born this way" as an excuse for his drunkenness. Sorry, but what we ARE born with is an unregenerate heart because of the sin of unbelief. And yes, it IS our obligation to tell people the truth. that they are all born sinners in need of the Savior, no sugarcoating, no whitewashing, just the cold hard truth.

So right back to the "born this way" rubbish. Then you would justify an axe murderer's sin by saying he was "born this way" or an alcoholic being "born this way" as an excuse for his drunkenness. Sorry, but what we ARE born with is an unregenerate heart because of the sin of unbelief. And yes, it IS our obligation to tell people the truth. that they are all born sinners in need of the Savior, no sugarcoating, no whitewashing, just the cold hard truth.
I have no doubt a small percentage ARE "born that way."

Doesn't matter. Everyone is born with their own challenges to OVERCOME They either make or break you. We ALL have our crosses to carry in this life

Forum List

Back