Zone1 Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality?

No offense or anything, but this is just getting silly. Jesus never sugarcoated anything. If you were a sinner He would come right out and tell you that without holding back. You're acting like the people who hated Him, wanted Him to die and crucified in Him in the process.

It was all because the fact that they hated the truth and they wanted to censor people from it. Now, I'm not saying by any means that you hate Christ, but you don't seem to be wanting to listen to anything about what anybody is trying to tell you on what His gospel actually says.
I have my own opinion about what His Gospel actually says. I also care about those who may never know Christ because of the very unattractive way the Gospel was presented to them. And I also interpret Scripture not via proof texting, i.e. lifting this or that verse out as somehow authoritative, but via knowing all the Scripture, especially that which would modify a single verse or passage.

Context is everything. Especially in Scripture.

I am not, not by a long shot. But at least I am not ashamed of the Gospel and not afraid to tell the Truth!
The divinity of Jesus is only asserted in the Gospel of Saint John. Nevertheless, in Matthew 19:17 Jesus says, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

In Luke 18:19 Jesus says, "Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God."

How do account for the fact that in Matthew 19:17 and in Luke 18:19 Jesus denies his divinity?

Matthew 1:18, 20 says, "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

Luke 1:35 says, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Why the Holy Ghost? Why not God the Father? Also, if Jesus is the Son of God, how can he also be descended from David in the male line?

None of the Gospels claim that homosexuality is evil. Only Saint Paul makes that assertion. As I suggested earlier in this thread, Saint Paul may have been a repressed homosexual.

Last edited:
You see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe then. :rolleyes:
And again, are you saying you are more righteous than I am? Than a gay person is? That you know more? That you understand better? I could not possibly be right when you know absolutely nothing of my experience, training, background, vocations?

Are you ignoring the many warnings in the Bible to those who consider themselves to be more righteous, more important, smarter, wiser than someone else?

I allow anybody their beliefs because I believe each of us has an unalienable right to our own beliefs. I may think they're wrong. But I will not judge them for thinking wrongly.

And I will not accuse or condemn my gay friend who lives his or her life commendably, is an asset to his/her community, helps others when they need help, lives from all appearances righteously. I believe it is unChristian to accuse or condemn others who are living their lives probably more righteously than I am.

Foxfyre I'm not more righteous than anybody. Would you be going this far to defend a liar or a murder?

Um the larger question is: WHY did the American Psychiatry institute suddenly proclaim HOMOSEXUALITY isn't a mental illness despite the fact certainty it 99.99% is? That is a real head scratcher. You don't need a weather man to tell which way the wind blows.

You realize that a percentage of animals in nature are gay, as well, right? The question is, why does nature allow it?

You do realize that pithy (or, in your case, not-so-pithy) aphorisms do not necessarily prove a point, right?

Moreover, your point of the change being 'sudden' is without foundation, to wit:

The reclassification of homosexuality from a mental illness to normality was a gradual process that took place over several decades. The process involved changing attitudes towards homosexuality, as well as scientific research that challenged traditional beliefs about homosexuality.

In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) removed homosexuality from its list of mental disorders in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). This decision was based on a growing body of research that showed that homosexuality was not a mental disorder, and that attempts to change sexual orientation were often ineffective and harmful.

The decision to remove homosexuality from the DSM was also influenced by changing social attitudes towards homosexuality. The gay rights movement of the 1960s and 1970s had helped to raise awareness about discrimination against homosexuals and to challenge negative stereotypes about homosexuality.

While the APA's decision to remove homosexuality from the DSM was an important milestone, it did not immediately change attitudes towards homosexuality in the wider society. Discrimination against homosexuals continued to be a problem, and it was not until many years later that homosexuality was fully accepted as a normal variant of human sexuality.

Overall, the process of reclassifying homosexuality from a mental illness to normality was a complex one, involving scientific research, changing attitudes, and social activism.

Foxfyre I'm not more righteous than anybody. Would you be going this far to defend a liar or a murder?
I haven't been defending anybody. I'm only expressing what my understanding of scripture is. You and others have accused me often in this thread. I have accused nobody.

I cannot in good conscience believe than any one of us has authority to tell any other adults how to conduct their sex lives in consensual relationships. And I believe it is above any of our pay grade to have authority to judge them in that matter or any other that is strictly their own business.

It does not matter what I think about homosexuality either pro or con. I base my understanding re judging others on my understanding of Scripture. All the Scripture. Not just cherry picked verses.

If that makes me wrong, bad, stupid, foolish, or anything else in your (or anybody else's eyes) you have the right to your opinion of me.

But I will keep telling the truth as I understand it.

Like Little Richard said, "God created Adam to be with Eve, not Steve."

Well, that's rich considering Little Richard was gay all his life before he made that declaration on May 4, 1982, on Late Night with David Letterman

I sincerely doubt he really changed his sexual preference. Two years later, he declared he was *omnisexual, whatever that means.

*Chalmers, Robert (March 29, 2012). "GQ Legend: Little Richard". GQ Magazine. Condé Nast.

If that's actually true it still wouldn't count for animals since God told humans to stay away from it not animals.

FJB, look, you are entitled to your religious beliefs, But, if you want to discuss facts of nature, you have to be willing to accept hard, scientific data. God belongs in Church and Sunday School and your private life. Science belongs in an open society, free from dogmatic considerations, let the chips fall where they may, that sort of thing, so I'll leave right there. I'm not a theist, or an atheist, I am a pantheist, and that's a whole 'nuther subject.

FJB, look, you are entitled to your religious beliefs, But, if you want to discuss facts of nature, you have to be willing to accept hard, scientific data. God belongs in Church and Sunday School and your private life. Science belongs in an open society, free from dogmatic considerations, let the chips fall where they may, that sort of thing, so I'll leave right there. I'm not a theist, or an atheist, I am a pantheist, and that's a whole 'nuther subject.
G-d very much belongs in the public square and open society, moron.

Romans chapter one explains why homosexuality is sin.
That same chapter also explains why lying, boasting, being deceitful, envy, gossiping, and infidelity are sins.

The Bible also says masturbation is a sin, as is lusting after a woman who is not your wife.

That same chapter also explains why lying, boasting, being deceitful, envy, gossiping, and infidelity are sins.

The Bible also says masturbation is a sin, as is lusting after a woman who is not your wife.
Correct. So homosexuality is sin. We agree.

Does it ever even explain why in the Bible? Or is it simply just because God intended for men and women to be together because only they can reproduce?
God hates them because, like some Mezkins I've hired before, they're fucking idiots.
EG: Table with Bosch circular saw and rip guide sitting on it. Julioito grabs a fucking crosscut hand saw to rip a sheet of plywood in half. B000000M !
#2. Billy Bob with 7 body rings and polished nails...
Guy get's a hard thingie and goes looking for an exit only stink hole to stick it in when, like that circular saw setup there is another, perfectly designed, sweet satisfying option option to handle the issue.
B00000M !

This probably makes no sense unless you're a real man.

Forum List

Back