Zone1 Why do you need gods?

Not much you can do when the earnings are reported on W-2's. ;)

You make SO MUCH MONEY!

SO MUCH MONEY!

ARe you Christian Grey, Billionaire?

NOw that I know how much you pay in taxes, well, let it be known I'M OFFICIALLY IMPRESSED!

You are SO WEALTHY.

How much money did you make when you were still working? I bet you made a zillion trillion dollars a year! RIght!

Do you own a Lamborghini? A ferrari? Do you drive it around, VROOM VROOM?

Show everyone your MONEY!

MONEY!!!!!!! YAY MONEY!

EVERYONE: DING MAKES A LOT OF MONEY. PROBABLY MORE THAN YOU DO.

Just be aware that there are a lot of people who have read deeply in theology and philosophy who might have a different view than you do.
Sigh. This is what I mean about you totally making up someone other. Of course there are people who read deeply into theology--I have spoken, written to many of them. We all have different views! Even people who have no interest in faith or theology know this. They also know there are quite a few times where we think alike. We don't feel like we have to see each other as an adversary. We are just people exchanging theological thoughts.

But you understand that I'm not the one here paring out bits and pieces of the Bible and tossing them aside.
We already established that you are the one doing that when you couldn't reconcile Psalms with your claims. Not to mention Huston Smith's claims.

The supreme achievement of Jewish thought was not in its monotheism as such, but in the character it ascribed to the God it intuited as One. God is a God of righteousness, whose loving-kindness is from everlasting to everlasting and whose tender mercies are in all his works.

Naw. More like in the top 5 percent. That's not what I would call extremely wealthy.

LOL.

No, you're super duper rich!

You were a HIGHLY PAID ENGINEER! You did OIL THINGS. In the GROUND.

A zillion trillion dollars a year, your income!

You make so much money.

How do you deal with poor people who annoy you?

Sigh. This is what I mean about you totally making up someone other. Of course there are people who read deeply into theology--I have spoken, written to many of them. We all have different views! Even people who have no interest in faith or theology know this. They also know there are quite a few times where we think alike. We don't feel like we have to see each other as an adversary. We are just people exchanging theological thoughts.

let me know when you get around to exachanging ANYTHING in detail.

LOL.

No, you're super duper rich!

You were a HIGHLY PAID ENGINEER! You did OIL THINGS. In the GROUND.

A zillion trillion dollars a year, your income!

You make so much money.

How do you deal with poor people who annoy you?
You are making me blush.

I don't have an external locus of control so no one can make me annoyed. ;)

Do you know what an external locus of control is and how to spot one?

let me know when you get around to exachanging ANYTHING in detail.
Where do you think your statement fits on this pyramid?

1661876088051.png

You make SO MUCH MONEY!

SO MUCH MONEY!

NOw that I know how much you pay in taxes, well, let it be known I'M OFFICIALLY IMPRESSED!

You are SO WEALTHY.

How much money did you make when you were still working? I bet you made a zillion trillion dollars a year! RIght!

MONEY!!!!!!! YAY MONEY!

It's been a good life. :)

You make SO MUCH MONEY!

SO MUCH MONEY!

You are SO WEALTHY.

MONEY!!!!!!! YAY MONEY!

Do you find yourself being jealous of the success of others?

Kinda seems like you are the one who got triggered.

Elevate your game.
View attachment 689216

not sure that's resonating, bing - in fact talking to yourself and merriweather agreeing is about as far as you have managed to move the needle. as in nowhere.

(hint) maybe a new theme would help - ask god. couldn't hurt.

- always ready to help.

Why do people have a need to believe in gods?
greetings
it's like getting the best life insurance so you shop for the very best policies
because people don't want one policy that fits all
that policies tell you that one policy, sign here no drinking, no smoking, and no sexual immorality

there is one policy, that says don't worry smoke, drink, and be mary we got you covered, choose the best very policies, there are 8747 false gods, in the world, and we just got a new one

Really? Know anywhere that Gods are believed in or referred to that doesn't involve religious beliefs?

So you can't believe in gods and be unaffiliated with any particular religion?

Once again this thread is about the need to believe in gods not any particular religion

So you can't believe in gods and be unaffiliated with any particular religion?
I dunno. Find me someone who believes in gods but isn't religious, and we will find out.

Once again this thread is about the need to believe in gods not any particular religion
Then your thread is flawed because it is based on the unproven assumption that people only believe in gods because they NEED to. Do you need to believe in clouds and sun? Yet you do. Likewise, many people believe in gods because they are self-evident to them and a big part of their life, so the better question is which comes first, the god or the belief/use/need?

Forum List

Back