Zone1 Why do you need gods?

If you believe the original works weren't tweeked to create a more concise, cohesive storyline you are a fool. Common People were forbidden to read the Bible for ages. Take the single story of Sodom and Gomorrah. The version everyone knows is Josephus from the first century and, the original story was full, he totally jazzed it up to make it very impressionable.
Ah, Stann, the assumptions you make... ;)

God's book is reality itself. Your conscience, your ability to observe, analyze and judge. that is God's holy book. No written book is inerrant or divinely revealed. What makes a book profitable or effective in guiding you closer to God is its principles, the patterns of thought and behavior that a book commands or at least encourages the reader to adopt. That's what makes a "holy book" good. If the book encourages people to adopt destructive patterns of thought and behavior, that undermine life, increasing chaos i.e. entropy, then that book is evil (leading to a chaotic, worthless state and death).

Trials, Tribulation and Faith
360_F_107921972_UMagZX2M7HvAbwX2APdEFxBPjIAxPahk.jpg

Greetings
if I may, I like your concept in this view, I hope that the need of our Lord, that people will see, not see the Lord, as some people do, the concept of Humans one day uniting under one government, a new government, and this old government, are in a crossroad, will they follow the old ways, or adopt the concept of peace and above a loving people, not to mention the various comment do we as a people or a need for outside intervention, a higher conscience?

I begin with these words of courage mean a word or two
1 Timothy 1:15 (NKJV) This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD

2 Corinthians 1:6-7 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

And our hope for you is steadfast because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

2 Corinthians 1:4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, which we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
who has not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they did from the Judeans, who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men, forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up the measure of their sins; but wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.

1 Thessalonians 3:3-4 that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this. For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

1 Thessalonians 3:7-8 therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith. For now, we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.

Romans 5:3-4 And not only that but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Philippians 1:24-30 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
For to you, it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him but also to suffer for His sake, having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

360_F_131025402_K7nggz30Heq7sPlvgfvYqWbEyMDY8SGJ.jpg

Beware

Trials, Tribulation and Faith
View attachment 745103
Greetings
if I may, I like your concept in this view, I hope that the need of our Lord, that people will see, not see the Lord, as some people do, the concept of Humans one day uniting under one government, a new government, and this old government, are in a crossroad, will they follow the old ways, or adopt the concept of peace and above a loving people, not to mention the various comment do we as a people or a need for outside intervention, a higher conscience?

I begin with these words of courage mean a word or two
1 Timothy 1:15 (NKJV) This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD

2 Corinthians 1:6-7 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

And our hope for you is steadfast because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

2 Corinthians 1:4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, which we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
who has not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they did from the Judeans, who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men, forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved, so as always to fill up the measure of their sins; but wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.

1 Thessalonians 3:3-4 that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this. For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

1 Thessalonians 3:7-8 therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith. For now, we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.

Romans 5:3-4 And not only that but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Philippians 1:24-30 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
For to you, it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him but also to suffer for His sake, having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

Theocracies are a no-go in the modern world. It's a wonder Iran and other Islamic states are able to cling to that vestige of ancient history.

Theocracies are a no-go in the modern world. It's a wonder Iran and other Islamic states are able to cling to that vestige of ancient history.
greetings
I don't much about Islamic politics, we the people under one nation under one God, invisible, with truth, and Justice for all

download (92).jpeg

the old will pass and the new one to come

greetings
I don't much about Islamic politics, we the people under one nation under one God, invisible, with truth, and Justice for all

View attachment 745115
the old will pass and the new one to come
In your dreams, or I should say nightmares. The moral police murder people all the time in Iran. If the US ever became a theocracy they would be no different. Look at Christian history, when the Catholic Church was all powerful before the Reformation they committed horrible atrocities. No sane person would want a theocracy here.

In your dreams, or I should say nightmares. The moral police murder people all the time in Iran. If the US ever became a theocracy they would be no different. Look at Christian history, when the Catholic Church was all powerful before the Reformation they committed horrible atrocities. No sane person would want a theocracy here.
greetings
I give you these words
read Mark 3: 29

Forum List

Back