CDZ Why do you hate the U.S.?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Assad though you like more?

Let me clarify that I do not like Assad at all. He is an authoritarian despot and war criminal.

I just hate the US a lot more, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Onyx brought this up. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Overall though I don't think of the U.S. as the bad guys on the block and generally think the world would be a better place if U.S. policy succeeds.

So to what level and why do you hate the U.S.?

The US has an evil history, but I think that is largely irrelevant to what is happening today.

Today the US is financing war and terror across the globe, pushing economic neoimperialist policies in third world countries, and terrorizing its own citizens domestically with absurd policy and extreme institutionalized violence.

I suppose the United States presents a geopolitcal challenge to Russian and Chinese power, but it would be stupid to support an evil empire just because it keeps another evil empire in check.

Oh, and there is no government body more hypocritical than the United States of America. Every ideal it claims to represents, it acts out against.

I'm not an enemy of the US nor am I "upset" with our past history, it is what it is and no country is even close to being "historically and/or socially angelic" so why would I hate it? I don't hate Germany for what the Nazis did nor do I hate Japan for what the Japanese militarists did.

The US doesn't have an evil history, it has evil in it's history. There's a big difference.
I don't hate my country... I love her. I wish some of the past were different but who knows? The past makes you who you are and Americans are good people.
Just about every country on the planet has skeletons and some are as dark or darker than ours. It doesn't make Americas wrongs less wrong, I'm just say in we ain't alone.

I'm not an enemy of the US nor am I "upset" with our past history, it is what it is and no country is even close to being "historically and/or socially angelic" so why would I hate it? I don't hate Germany for what the Nazis did nor do I hate Japan for what the Japanese militarists did.

The US isn't a country. It's a state.

For example, you can hate the Russian Federation without hating Russia. It's purely political.

The US doesn't have an evil history, it has evil in it's history. There's a big difference.

US history is so tainted with evil, that it would be intellectually dishonest to characterize it as anything other than an evil history.

I gotta big problem with what the japanese did to our soldiers.

Are you kidding? US history is so tainted with evil, that it would be intellectually dishonest to characterize it as anything other than an evil history.

All of American history is not evil... we do have evil in our history

Assad though you like more?

Let me clarify that I do not like Assad at all. He is an authoritarian despot and war criminal.

I just hate the US a lot more, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

DEANNALW said:
All of American history is not evil... we do have evil in our history

That's like claiming that I can't call Hitler evil because he was known for being polite.

Virtually all of US history is evil. Any good parts are overshadowed.

The US isn't a country. It's a state.

For example, you can hate the Russian Federation without hating Russia. It's purely political.
Were you acknowledging what I posted or did you miss it? :dunno:

I gotta big problem with what the japanese did to our soldiers.
Different culture, different life concepts. Of course I don't approve what they did but do I hate Japan and the Japanese people of today because of what their ancestors did? Do I hold it against those that weren't even born yet? No.

Were you acknowledging what I posted or did you miss it? :dunno:

You were making a false equivalency based on the misconception that the US was a country, and not a state.

One could hate the German Reich and not Germany, just like someone can hate the United States and not America.

Forum List

Back