Why do we need to add a 51st state?

The Corrupt Democratic Party will start their movement to add Puerto Rico next month.
There is about a 150% chance that anyone who is oppose it will be called a racist.
PR is bankrupt and totally corrupt.
How does that benefit us?
Remember what the Racist Latino Nationalist AOC calls Anglos >> "colonist".
Well why not give PR back to Spain to make her happy?
We don't need another bankrupt Democrat State.

Congress talking Puerto Rico statehood next month: Pedro Pierluisi (nypost.com)
Puerto Rico Bankruptcy Climax Set to Come Amid Island Elections - Bloomberg
View attachment 457748
As to what I bolded of yours:

You do realize that the dozen or more States who contribute more than they receive from the Fed are almost always Blue? Look it up.

Not.for mlm long. Real Americans are fleeing the big cities in those states like their heirs on fire.
Doesn't matter, the places to which they flock will become blue. Look at the trend in Texas.

Provincial attitudes will never be a consistent force, but rather, the usual drag on progress.

In fairness, the provincial life has it's appeals.

Right? Well if the people dont have enough representation now, than maybe DC should be given back to Maryland. That makes more sense than creating a whole other state.
Thirty-seven states have been admitted to the union since the nation's founding so, as a territory since 1898, with a population of over three million Americans, Puerto Rico would not be an anomaly.

Right? Well if the people dont have enough representation now, than maybe DC should be given back to Maryland. That makes more sense than creating a whole other state.
Thirty-seven states have been admitted to the union since the nation's founding so, as a territory since 1898, with a population of over three million Americans, Puerto Rico would not be an anomaly.

Maybe maybe, but I was mostly referring to DC here

The Corrupt Democratic Party will start their movement to add Puerto Rico next month.
There are over 3 million Americans living in Puerto Rico, more than in South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, and Wyoming combined.

Just try swilling down a bottle of North Dakota rum before you start sniveling about La Isla del Encanto.

View attachment 457882
Happy People celebrating in San Juan

View attachment 457887
A Footloose Festival in Fargo.

No kidding, so the U.S. State Department says there are about 70,000 Americans living there, they must be wrong. Or is this where you conflate South Americans with Americans?
:link:

There is about a 150% chance that anyone who is oppose it will be called a racist.

View attachment 457748
As to what I bolded of yours:

You do realize that the dozen or more States who contribute more than they receive from the Fed are almost always Blue? Look it up.
The trump Nazis never heard that from FOX Noise, so they cannot believe it.

View attachment 457748
I was watching a video recently, and I think I have come up with a compromise, which, of course, is what this nation is founded on.

I have a few friends who think D.C. should have statehood as well. . . that are adamant that not do so is patently racist.

So. . . what to do? We have thousands of Americans that do not have equal representation.

OTH, we also have a lot of Americans who voices seem to be drowned out by the urban centers and corporate powers in this nation.

So, in the spirit of compromise, why not admit both D.C. and Puerto Rico to the Union, and find two areas of the nation to secede from huge metropolitan areas which are overwhelming more rural interests where there is a significant population whose voice is being drowned out?

This will add balance, much like the balance we had during the free state/slave state compromises. Now, it will be urban/rural compromise representations.

You do realize all residents of Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens already, entitled to passports, and free to move to any "state" within the U.S. if they so choose.
This is true. RINOs are full of shit out on the farm looking for "the usual" farm subsidies and welfare benefits.
People talk Spanish in the back room and they play dumb at the front door as if they haven't what's being said or talked about in Spanish. Why, again, are Republicans (with "the usual" Communist Party leanings among the ultra-wealthy) demanding that the United States be cede so much territory to Mexico and Brazil, and even worse, Spain and Portugal?

View attachment 457748
I was watching a video recently, and I think I have come up with a compromise, which, of course, is what this nation is founded on.

I have a few friends who think D.C. should have statehood as well. . . that are adamant that not do so is patently racist.

So. . . what to do? We have thousands of Americans that do not have equal representation.

OTH, we also have a lot of Americans who voices seem to be drowned out by the urban centers and corporate powers in this nation.

So, in the spirit of compromise, why not admit both D.C. and Puerto Rico to the Union, and find two areas of the nation to secede from huge metropolitan areas which are overwhelming more rural interests where there is a significant population whose voice is being drowned out?

This will add balance, much like the balance we had during the free state/slave state compromises. Now, it will be urban/rural compromise representations.

Stupid.

D.C. is not a state under the Constitution.
D.C. is a diamond shape, 10 miles on a side, 100 square miles total, under the Constitution.
Neither the Pentagon and the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, nor the cities of Arlington and Alexandria are part of any State under the Constitution.

Forum List

Back