Why do we need to add a 51st state?

The U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives would need to approve the statehood admission of both DC and Puerto Rico by a two-thirds majority vote.

Fat chance.
DC would take a constitutional amendment. Tough sailing there.
Not true. The populated portions of DC could be "carved out" from DC and added as a state...satisfying the Constitutional requirement

After you carve out the government housing projects and Section 8 housing, the national and state park system and the CITY GOVT infrastructure, there's not much left there Sponge Bob. Not enough for a state to have an INCOME BIGGER than Peoria Illinois..

And even with all those exclusions, DC would still have a larger population than Wyoming and SD added together.

How do you figure that? Are ALL those people FULL TIME RESIDENTS of D.C. that you are counting? Or are temp military/political assignments included?

Even if true -- it's ONE BIGGISH CITY with no means to support itself and no room to expand. Wyoming taxes all that land there and every car or expensive item sold. Number of people is almost irrelevant.

Know any large car dealers or even grand piano dealers DIRECTLY in D.C. generating sales tax?? It's all generated on liquor. LOL.....

I have been in Wyoming many times and you are right, most of the Taxes come from taxes on booze because anyone that lives there would have to stay drunk. I know I consumed my fair share and donated to the well being of Wyoming. I had to leave the state just to get a hangover.

It doesn't matter where the income comes from. The people AREN"T being represented in
DC like other states. They have zero say in what happens in the House or the Senate. But I am not saying we need to make them a state. I am only saying your argument has too many flaws in it. But it was created for the purpose to house the Central Federal Government and I don't see it becoming a state for that reason. PR and others are a different ball of wax though.

The Corrupt Democratic Party will start their movement to add Puerto Rico next month.
There is about a 150% chance that anyone who is oppose it will be called a racist.
PR is bankrupt and totally corrupt.
How does that benefit us?
Remember what the Racist Latino Nationalist AOC calls Anglos >> "colonist".
Well why not give PR back to Spain to make her happy?
We don't need another bankrupt Democrat State.

Congress talking Puerto Rico statehood next month: Pedro Pierluisi (nypost.com)
Puerto Rico Bankruptcy Climax Set to Come Amid Island Elections - Bloomberg
View attachment 457748
DemocratIC state, and you do know the governor of Puerto Rico is a tRump fan, right?

The U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives would need to approve the statehood admission of both DC and Puerto Rico by a two-thirds majority vote.

Fat chance.
Not true. The populated portions of DC could be "carved out" from DC and added as a state...satisfying the Constitutional requirement

After you carve out the government housing projects and Section 8 housing, the national and state park system and the CITY GOVT infrastructure, there's not much left there Sponge Bob. Not enough for a state to have an INCOME BIGGER than Peoria Illinois..

And even with all those exclusions, DC would still have a larger population than Wyoming and SD added together.

How do you figure that? Are ALL those people FULL TIME RESIDENTS of D.C. that you are counting? Or are temp military/political assignments included?

Even if true -- it's ONE BIGGISH CITY with no means to support itself and no room to expand. Wyoming taxes all that land there and every car or expensive item sold. Number of people is almost irrelevant.

Know any large car dealers or even grand piano dealers DIRECTLY in D.C. generating sales tax?? It's all generated on liquor. LOL.....

I have been in Wyoming many times and you are right, most of the Taxes come from taxes on booze because anyone that lives there would have to stay drunk. I know I consumed my fair share and donated to the well being of Wyoming. I had to leave the state just to get a hangover.

It doesn't matter where the income comes from. The people AREN"T being represented in
DC like other states. They have zero say in what happens in the House or the Senate. But I am not saying we need to make them a state. I am only saying your argument has too many flaws in it. But it was created for the purpose to house the Central Federal Government and I don't see it becoming a state for that reason. PR and others are a different ball of wax though.
I busted a gut when I read your first line.

- Thanks.

They are already determined to add Mexico and Central America to the give-away roles. Maybe we should just allow PR to annex Mexico and call it even.
I understand Mexico turned it down unless we cut loose all the teat-sucking red states.
The Corona Relief Bill is bailing out the corrupt Democrat States.
Democrats are moochers.
I'm going to offer you a wager. Only about 15-20 states actually operate in the red with the Fed (more taxes paid then returned in aid and jobs, etc). The rest are teat-sucking welfare states.

If more of the teat-suckers are red, you agree to spend an extra hour in Trump's barrel this week.

It won't be necessary for me to agree to anything because you haven't a fucking prayer.
Most of teat suckers are red.
Absolutely.

Without the Blue States, these fucking idiots couldn't raise an army. That's why they lost the war with the US on Jan 6. They came armed with not much more than clubs while their fearless leader hid out in front of a TV.
Given that you ended up stuck with Biden I'd say y'all lost big time. Still not my President.

They are already determined to add Mexico and Central America to the give-away roles. Maybe we should just allow PR to annex Mexico and call it even.
I understand Mexico turned it down unless we cut loose all the teat-sucking red states.
The Corona Relief Bill is bailing out the corrupt Democrat States.
Democrats are moochers.
I'm going to offer you a wager. Only about 15-20 states actually operate in the red with the Fed (more taxes paid then returned in aid and jobs, etc). The rest are teat-sucking welfare states.

If more of the teat-suckers are red, you agree to spend an extra hour in Trump's barrel this week.

It won't be necessary for me to agree to anything because you haven't a fucking prayer.
Most of teat suckers are red.
Absolutely.

Without the Blue States, these fucking idiots couldn't raise an army. That's why they lost the war with the US on Jan 6. They came armed with not much more than clubs while their fearless leader hid out in front of a TV.
Given that you ended up stuck with Biden I'd say y'all lost big time. Still not my President.
Well, everyone has an opinion.

Fat chance.

Why not just add them to Virginia?

The territory was originally carved from Maryland.

The move to add states has no purpose other than the desire for future political power by the left. Notice it came out of nowhere, after Comey Barrett was confirmed. That was a really weird aspect. The GOP confirmed Barrett in a common, status quo manner, and the Democrats acted as if the GOP acted in bad faith and turned on them. I was entertained at the notion that the Democrats were demanding good faith to begin with after their stolen election claims in 2016, the Brett Kavanaugh witch hunt, etc. However, the GOP only did what is common in regards to SCOTUS nominees.

Yet, the Democrats felt they need to retaliate, and thus, suddenly court-packing and new states became a thing. If Democrats are going to seek vengeance for the GOP doing things they've done, and status quo, legal processes.. it's going to only further divide. They can claim "unity", "empathy", etc.. but they are the opposite.

Just imagine if when Joe Biden signed an executive order, and the GOP freaked out and introduced all of these radical claims to get him back. While signing EO's is an issue that needs to be addressed, it's legal and a normal process. They would have no reason to seek some sort of vengeance or revenge. Yet, this scenario is exactly what the Democrats are doing.

The Corrupt Democratic Party will start their movement to add Puerto Rico next month.
There is about a 150% chance that anyone who is oppose it will be called a racist.

View attachment 457748
As to what I bolded of yours:

You do realize that the dozen or more States who contribute more than they receive from the Fed are almost always Blue? Look it up.

Not.for mlm long. Real Americans are fleeing the big cities in those states like their heirs on fire.

Why to add Puerto Rico or DC as states? The same reason we should consider Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands. Each of those places is populated by US citizens who do not have true representation in the federal government.

I find it strange how representation, which played an important part in the revolution, is today seemingly considered so unimportant by so many.
why not grant them their independence then?

That's certainly another option.

Fat chance.

What the hell are you talking about? The Feds give the city billions of dollars a year. And they still have slums! It is the most professional begging city in the world! They have representation with the free money they get.

The move to add states has no purpose other than the desire for future political power by the left. Notice it came out of nowhere, after Comey Barrett was confirmed. That was a really weird aspect. The GOP confirmed Barrett in a common, status quo manner, and the Democrats acted as if the GOP acted in bad faith and turned on them. I was entertained at the notion that the Democrats were demanding good faith to begin with after their stolen election claims in 2016, the Brett Kavanaugh witch hunt, etc. However, the GOP only did what is common in regards to SCOTUS nominees.

Yet, the Democrats felt they need to retaliate, and thus, suddenly court-packing and new states became a thing. If Democrats are going to seek vengeance for the GOP doing things they've done, and status quo, legal processes.. it's going to only further divide. They can claim "unity", "empathy", etc.. but they are the opposite.

Just imagine if when Joe Biden signed an executive order, and the GOP freaked out and introduced all of these radical claims to get him back. While signing EO's is an issue that needs to be addressed, it's legal and a normal process. They would have no reason to seek some sort of vengeance or revenge. Yet, this scenario is exactly what the Democrats are doing.

There has been push to make Puerto Rico a state for years. It's not "out of nowhere" by any means. It has gained more traction in recent years, though.

There are over 3 million Americans living in Puerto Rico, more than in South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, and Wyoming combined.

Just try swilling down a bottle of North Dakota rum before you start sniveling about La Isla del Encanto.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.27.28 AM.png

Happy People celebrating in San Juan

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 9.39.37 AM.png

A Footloose Festival in Fargo.

There are over 3 million Americans living in Puerto Rico, more than in South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, and Wyoming combined.

Just try swilling down a bottle of North Dakota rum before you start sniveling about La Isla del Encanto.

View attachment 457882

View attachment 457887

No kidding, so the U.S. State Department says there are about 70,000 Americans living there, they must be wrong. Or is this where you conflate South Americans with Americans?

View attachment 457882

View attachment 457887
We don't need another bankrupt totally corrupt Democrat state.
Grant them their independence.
They hate America anyway.

Puerto Ricans do not pay Federal income tax if there income comes strictly from Puerto Rico, it's also a tax haven for corporations.

Meanwhile, Puerto Rico receives massive amounts of Federal aid each year. They're basically milking U.S. tax payers!

Sounds like wingnut heaven!!!!

If they were made a state they'd have to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Do Puerto Ricans Pay U.S. Taxes? | H&R Block

Puerto Rico Tax Haven: Is Puerto Rico an Offshore Jurisdiction? (offshore-protection.com)

Welfare in Puerto Rico - Wikipedia

We don't need another bankrupt totally corrupt Democrat state.
Grant them their independence.
They hate America anyway.
Your appointing yourself a spokesperson for over three million Puerto Rican Americans is noted.

Puerto Rico votes in favor of statehood.

Two in three Americans support statehood for the island of Puerto Rico, according to a Gallup Poll released Thursday morning.​
The 66 percent support for admitting the island as the 51st state is consistent with polling dating to the early 1960s. Support is highest among Democrats, younger voters, and nonwhite voters. But while nearly half of Republicans also back the proposal, the party’s leaders do not.​
There was similar resistance to Hawaiian statehood as well:

Hawaii battled racism, anticommunism in statehood effort

Puerto Ricans do not pay Federal income tax if there income comes strictly from Puerto Rico...
Puerto Rican Americans pay federal taxes that fund Social Security, Medicare, FICA.
If Puerto Rico were a state, Puerto Rican Americans would pay the same federal income taxes as residents of all other states.
it's also a tax haven for corporations.
Like Delaware, a state.

Fat chance.

Why not just add them to Virginia?

The territory was originally carved from Maryland.

Right? Well if the people dont have enough representation now, than maybe DC should be given back to Maryland. That makes more sense than creating a whole other state.

View attachment 457748

Well, the words on that young man's t-shirt is simply a fact.

Forum List

Back