Why Do We Need a State?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
If states exist as objects that its citizens can not see, taste, touch or otherwise detect, yet that very same object has the power to coerce its citizens, why did citizens of the Israelite Tribes ask the prophet Samuel to give them a king 3000 years ago who would judge them and lead them into war?

Possibly breaking the Big Question "why do we need a state" into two smaller bites will help.

What is the goal of a state?

Why do we need a state to achieve this goal?

State (polity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A state is a type of polity that is an organized political community living under a single system of government.[1] States may or may not be sovereign. For instance, federated states are members of a federal union, and may have only partial sovereignty, but are, nonetheless, states.[1] Some states are subject to external sovereignty or hegemony, in which ultimate sovereignty lies in another state.[2] States that are sovereign are known as sovereign states."

If states exist as objects that its citizens can not see, taste, touch or otherwise detect, yet that very same object has the power to coerce its citizens, why did citizens of the Israelite Tribes ask the prophet Samuel to give them a king 3000 years ago who would judge them and lead them into war?
How'd that work out for them? :lol:

Every last one of their Kings turned away from God, even Solomon. And the results were disastrous.

Possibly breaking the Big Question "why do we need a state" into two smaller bites will help.

The state provides us what we as individuals cannot provide for ourselves.

Every last one of their Kings turned away from God, even Solomon. And the results were disastrous.
Things seem to have worked out well for the Jews of Israel lately:
palestinan_map.jpg

Things seem to have worked out well for the Jews of Israel lately:
palestinan_map.jpg

That map is misleading. The Palestinians still want negotiations starting with the 1967 lines, which is the third picture from the left. I don't know what that 2011 picture is supposed to represent. And these debates would be alot more meaningful if the people who post here would actually visit Israel and Palestine.

We need states because the world is a big fucking place and cultural differences prevent people from seeing things eye to eye.

Last edited:
How does the state make that better? Would history support your view that states and rulers create more peaceful relations?

States make that better because they allow cultural independence. Do you think people wouldn't have been butchering each other if not for the concept of states?

"A state is a type of polity that is an organized political community living under a single system of government.[1] States may or may not be sovereign. For instance, federated states are members of a federal union, and may have only partial sovereignty, but are, nonetheless, states.[1] Some states are subject to external sovereignty or hegemony, in which ultimate sovereignty lies in another state.[2] States that are sovereign are known as sovereign states."
The state created the environment that lets you post. Why do you NEED to post?

People have butchered each other by the hundreds of millions because of the concept of states. Most of the deadly conflict in human history is at the behest of states.

Selfish and ignorant people would have been butchering each other by the hundreds of millions no matter what. What are you proposing? Anarchy is better? Do you think that would have worked? Do you really think it could have been any other way? States gave earlier humans organization, which gave them power and more ability to survive.

That map is misleading. The Palestinians still want negotiations starting with the 1967 lines, which is the third picture from the left. I don't know what that 2011 picture is supposed to represent. And these debates would be alot more meaningful if the people who post here would actually visit Israel and Palestine.
I get the impression Jews want all the land between the River and the sea for themselves, and they will not tolerate a minority non-Jew population of more than 20%.

I'm not sure why you feel it's necessary to visit Gaza to recognize the effects of mowing its lawn.
Gaza_war_crimes_by_Latuff2-2.jpg

The state created the environment that lets you post. Why do you NEED to post?
Is that a TRICK question? I was hoping to use the concept of the state to pursue a conversation of distributive justice.

Selfish and ignorant people would have been butchering each other by the hundreds of millions no matter what.

Selfish and ignorant people cannot organize themselves to the level of slaughtering hundreds of millions, only the state can manage that level of evil.

What are you proposing? Anarchy is better?

Anarchy isn't practical, but would unquestionably lead to far less death.

Do you think that would have worked? Do you really think it could have been any other way? States gave earlier humans organization, which gave them power and more ability to survive.

States gave people organization? People organized into states, and used that organization to subjugate and kill others. The primary function of the state is war.

I get the impression Jews want all the land between the River and the sea for themselves, and they will not tolerate a minority non-Jew population of more than 20%.

I'm not sure why you feel it's necessary to visit Gaza to recognize the effects of mowing its lawn.

You Muslim Supremacists won't tolerate a minority non-Muslim presence of even .001% in the Middle East. Look at the anger you have that the Jews are not subjugated as Dhimmis under your filthy gods Allah and Muhammad.

You Muslim Supremacists won't tolerate a minority non-Muslim presence of even .001% in the Middle East. Look at the anger you have that the Jews are not subjugated as Dhimmis under your filthy gods Allah and Muhammad.
Are you ignorant of the difference in meaning between the words "Zionist" and "Jew?"
iw2.jpg

"During the British Mandate, beginning in 1920,[15] and in the early days after independence in 1932, well-educated Jews played an important role in civic life. Iraq's first minister of finance, Sir Sassoon Eskell, was a Jew, and Jews were important in developing the judicial and postal systems. Records from the Baghdad Chamber of Commerce show that 10 out of its 19 members in 1947 were Jews and the first musical band formed for Baghdad's nascent radio in the 1930s consisted mainly of Jews. Jews were represented in the Iraqi parliament, and many Jews held significant positions in the bureaucracy, which often led to resentment by the Muslim population."
History of the Jews in Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you ignorant of the difference in meaning between the words "Zionist" and "Jew?"
iw2.jpg

"During the British Mandate, beginning in 1920,[15] and in the early days after independence in 1932, well-educated Jews played an important role in civic life. Iraq's first minister of finance, Sir Sassoon Eskell, was a Jew, and Jews were important in developing the judicial and postal systems. Records from the Baghdad Chamber of Commerce show that 10 out of its 19 members in 1947 were Jews and the first musical band formed for Baghdad's nascent radio in the 1930s consisted mainly of Jews. Jews were represented in the Iraqi parliament, and many Jews held significant positions in the bureaucracy, which often led to resentment by the Muslim population."

I am well aware of "Muslim Supremacist," which would be you.

Not one grain of sand can be under the control of a non-Muslim according to you piles of shit.

iw2.jpg

I am well aware of "Muslim Supremacist," which would be you.

Not one grain of sand can be under the control of a non-Muslim according to you piles of shit.
jewish2bracism8.jpg

POS^

Forum List

Back