Why do we call things "Conspiracy Theories"

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
when the overwhelming majority of them are actually true?

Shouldn't we be asking who it is labeling current events of interest to the general public and pertinent to the general welfare of our society as "conspiracies", to be mocked and denigrated, and why?

How many times does this stuff have to turn out to be true before people start paying attention and asking some questions?

Shouldn't we be asking who it is labeling current events of interest to the general public and pertinent to the general welfare of our society as "conspiracies", to be mocked and denigrated, and why?

How many times does this stuff have to turn out to be true before people start paying attention and asking some questions?
I think it really became relevant when Hitlery Clinton, was out there defending her man by saying "the attack on Bill Clinton for having sexual misconduct with other women, is a Right Wing Conspiracy", and then it was found out all to be true. The prog slaves are too stupid to understand how much their side lies to them all the time..That is why they are prog slaves.

• Banned

I think it really became relevant when Hitlery Clinton, was out there defending her man by saying "the attack on Bill Clinton for having sexual misconduct with other women, is a Right Wing Conspiracy", and then it was found out all to be true. The prog slaves are too stupid to understand how much their side lies to them all the time..That is why they are prog slaves.
I think it goes back much further. I was reading this blog post;
and it got me thinking about all the things people have tried to bullshit me about all throughout my life.

From the link;
"When Tail Gunner Joe pointed out, rightly, that the State Department and Hollywood® were filled with commies, people were upset.

Leftism was generally viewed as bad. It was so obvious that Stalin was a bad guy that even the New York Times® couldn’t hide it, as they had swept the human cost of the Holodomor (In The World Murder Olympics, Communists Take Gold And Silver Medals) under the rug two decades earlier.

The way the Left did that is they went to their normal playbook. How do you trump logic and facts? A plain appeal to emotion:

“Have you no sense of decency, Sir, at long last?” was how they went after Senator Joe McCarthy. They tried to make his dogged pursuit of Leftism appear to be an unhinged attack against ghosts.

But McCarthy was . . . right. After the fall of the Soviet Union, it was shown that Joe was right about the scope and scale of Soviet infiltration. Where? Everywhere Joe had said. McCarthyism was just what you and I would call, “Telling the truth.”

Again, McCarthy was right. Leftism had infiltrated the Federal government. Stalin had better progress reports on the atomic bomb than those that were given to Truman. There’s a reason we celebrate Juneteenth around my house.

JUNETEEN.jpg

Why did Julius and Ethel Rosenberg cross the road? Because they were never on your side. (meme: not original)

Leftism has burrowed inside of our country. For decades. When Reagan was shot we couldn’t watch it on TV. There were no televisions in our classrooms. But some teachers had radios and instead of listening to a lecture on social studies, we sat and listened to the news on a tinny AM radio.

Would President Reagan live? No one knew. All we knew was that he was in the hospital.

One kid, whose parents were Leftist professors at the local college, said, simply, “I hope he dies. Maybe then the Senate will choose Ted Kennedy as Vice President.”

The split we see now isn’t new. It’s been festering in our country for decades."

I believe the phrase "Conspiracy Theory" originated with the CIA when JFK was assasinated.
A lot of people didn't believe the narrative and they started looking for evidence of what actually occured.
When people began coming out with another narrative, the CIA called them all conspiracy theorists so they would
be disregarded and others wouldn't question it.
It was used as a deterrant to push people away from seeking the truth.
Since then everything that is questioned or has been discovered is now called a Conspiracy theory.

The actual meaning of the word Conspiracy is when two or more people agree on something.
Joey and Mike conspired together to rob the local bank.

A theory is when one assumes a thing is true but have little facts to back it up.

Conspiracy Theory is the belief that something happened but with little evidence to support it.
Because Joey and Mike were seen at the bank, we can assume they robbed it.

Today, even if you have concrete evidence that there was a conspiracy, those that want to hide the truth will label it a conspiracy theory, or tin foil hat nut jobs.. discouraging others to consider the evidence given.

I would suggest, instead of believing either a conspiracy or a conspiracy theory, that one take the time to do a little investigating on their own for the truth.
Not everything is a conspiracy or a theory.

Hugs

The overwhelming majority of conspiracy theories are utter bullshit made up by delusional people. All the real conspiracies are right out in the open but we are so used to them we think that's how it should be. Some people want to believe there is someone in control of everything and that all this pain and misery serves some grand purpose. Nope. It's mostly just a bunch of rich people getting richer and making it up as they go along.

Conspiracy theory - telling truth about Zionist fraud and treason

Solve every conspiracy theory and you will find a blue six sided star.....

The overwhelming majority of conspiracy theories are utter bullshit made up by delusional people. All the real conspiracies are right out in the open but we are so used to them we think that's how it should be. Some people want to believe there is someone in control of everything and that all this pain and misery serves some grand purpose. Nope. It's mostly just a bunch of rich people getting richer and making it up as they go along.

Like the Southern Strategy.

Conspiracy Theories is more tactful than Fucking Crazy Theories

Yes, Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone
Yes we DID land on the moon
No, Elvis is not still alive
No, Obama was not born in Kenya
No, Hillary did not run a child sex ring out of a Pizza Parlor
No, Trump did not win the 2020 election

Remember when people laughed at Trump for saying he was being spied on?

Notes on C thinkers.

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character."

The intellectual character of conspiracy theorists | Aeon Essays

"Conspiracy theories are first and foremost forms of political propaganda. They are designed to denigrate specific individuals or groups or advance a political agenda. The theory that the Clintons were somehow involved in the Epstein suicide denigrates the Clintons. The notion that the US government staged the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School helped the pro-gun lobby to deflect arguments for greater gun control. What better way to pre-empt calls for greater gun control in the wake of a school shooting than to claim that it never happened?"

'Such beliefs promote extreme political agendas and allow governments to dismiss their critics as cranks.'

Why conspiracy theories are deeply dangerous

"The president [Trump] is a nationalist, which is not at all the same thing as a patriot. A nationalist encourages us to be our worst, and then tells us that we are the best. A nationalist, 'although endlessly brooding on power, victory, defeat, revenge,' wrote Orwell, tends to be 'uninterested in what happens in the real world.' Nationalism is relativist, since the only truth is the resentment we feel when we contemplate others. As the novelist Danilo Kiš put it, nationalism 'has no universal values, aesthetic or ethical.' A patriot, by contrast, wants the nation to live up to its ideals, which means asking us to be our best selves. A patriot must be concerned with the real world, which is the only place where his country can be loved and sustained. A patriot has universal values, standards by which he judges his nation, always wishing it well—and wishing that it would do better." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny'

I still laugh
People on his staff who were in contact with the Russians were being spied on…..as they should

No, Obama was not tapping his wires

Notes on C thinkers.

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character."

The intellectual character of conspiracy theorists | Aeon Essays

"Conspiracy theories are first and foremost forms of political propaganda. They are designed to denigrate specific individuals or groups or advance a political agenda. The theory that the Clintons were somehow involved in the Epstein suicide denigrates the Clintons. The notion that the US government staged the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School helped the pro-gun lobby to deflect arguments for greater gun control. What better way to pre-empt calls for greater gun control in the wake of a school shooting than to claim that it never happened?"

'Such beliefs promote extreme political agendas and allow governments to dismiss their critics as cranks.'

Why conspiracy theories are deeply dangerous

"The president [Trump] is a nationalist, which is not at all the same thing as a patriot. A nationalist encourages us to be our worst, and then tells us that we are the best. A nationalist, 'although endlessly brooding on power, victory, defeat, revenge,' wrote Orwell, tends to be 'uninterested in what happens in the real world.' Nationalism is relativist, since the only truth is the resentment we feel when we contemplate others. As the novelist Danilo Kiš put it, nationalism 'has no universal values, aesthetic or ethical.' A patriot, by contrast, wants the nation to live up to its ideals, which means asking us to be our best selves. A patriot must be concerned with the real world, which is the only place where his country can be loved and sustained. A patriot has universal values, standards by which he judges his nation, always wishing it well—and wishing that it would do better." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny'

Nationalism is identifying with your nation AND supporting it's interests.

There is nothing inherent in that, that requires "endlessly brooding on power".

BUT HEY, let's take a look at the latter half of your post, using your early points about conspiracy theories.

Does your talk of how "deeply dangerous" nationalists are, "denigrate specific individuals or groups or advance a political agenda"?

Why, ,yes it does. Specifically, it denigrates Donald Trump and his supporters, and advances the lefty political agenda.

Mmmm.

I still laugh
People on his staff who were in contact with the Russians were being spied on…..as they should

Yep. People laughed and laughed. Right up until the Feds admitted that they were spying on him.

I still laugh

Yep. People laughed and laughed. Right up until the Feds admitted that they were spying on him.
Nobody was spying on Trump

Hurricanes don’t change path with a Sharpie
Windmills don’t cause cancer
You don’t inject disinfectants
The election wasn’t stolen

You are right one thing, President Trump didnt win the 2020 election, it was stolen under the guise of the Kung Flu..

You are right one thing, President Trump didnt win the 2020 election, it was stolen under the guise of the Kung Flu..
Like I said
Fucking crazy theories
Now, why don’t you tell me about the fake moon landing

Like I said
Fucking crazy theories
I used to feel sorry for assholes like you for being such stupid pitiful little petulant girls, who whine and moan all the time how unfair their lives are, yet you continue to vote for the very people, who keep you poor and miserable. I am done with you.

Like I said
Fucking crazy theories
I used to feel sorry for assholes like you for being such stupid pitiful little petulant girls, who whine and moan all the time how unfair their lives are, yet you continue to vote for the very people, who keep you poor and miserable. I am done with you.
I never felt sorry for dim witted assholes like yourself who knowingly spread lies because you can’t admit your side lost to a better candidate

Last edited:

He did win though. :)

Forum List

Back