Why do so many Goppers oppose Gay Marriage ?

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
We dont care who you marry Commie.

it wasn't in the purview of the Supreme court in the first place. If the people in each state vote on it for their state then so be it..and those that don't want it, so be that. Isn't that right...aren't we the people supposed to decide on that for ourselves.

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
Ignorance and fear, for the most part; along with bigotry and hate.

Conservatives fear diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

And as authoritarians they seek to compel conformity and punish dissent.

No one will answer this, because it really is about the special legal benefits afforded to married people. There shouldn't be any, IMHO, but there was a time when the government felt it had a vested interest in promoting marriage to increase the tax base and populating the military. Of course, gay marriage accomplishes none of that, but they want the benefits, regardless.
Property rights are not insignificant. Neither are pension rights. And neitheris living your life the way you want. These are basic American values.

It has absolutely nothing to do with race. Marriage is a religious institution. Homosexuality is expressly condemned in the bible. If homosexuals wish to have a domestic relationship, more power to them--that is between them. Leave the religious institutions out of their depravity.

Property rights are not insignificant. Neither are pension rights. And neitheris living your life the way you want. These are basic American values.

I'm certain serial killers share the same sentiment—about living their lives the way they want to. I'm sure they're all just misunderstood good old boys . . . at heart.

That's a libertarian argument. None of these are reasons why conservatives oppose gay marriage. They do it on the basis of their religious beliefs.
But I am a conservative. And I don't see how a secular state can oppose gay marriage for the reason that the Bible says so. It's not like abortion, that is, trying to determine when life begins, so that is not really a religous issue.

But as a conservative, you have to wonder why the secular state is even involved?

Any ideas?

1658340924012.png

Why are you so bigoted that you only support certain types of marriages when all mature willing companions should be allowed to form marriages as they choose?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

No one will answer this, because it really is about the special legal benefits afforded to married people. There shouldn't be any, IMHO, but there was a time when the government felt it had a vested interest in promoting marriage to increase the tax base and populating the military. Of course, gay marriage accomplishes none of that, but they want the benefits, regardless.
Divorce became an epidemic in the US, so not even marraige helps these days

No, the issue is the secularization and subsequent immorality of the populace. Society divorced God.

The only way to get the divorce numbers down is to return the institution of marriage to those who are serious about their faith in God

In fact, if you look at polls regarding divorce, it would seem that Christians get divorced as frequnetly as those who are not Christians. But if you dig deeper, you will find that Christians who practice their faith, attend church etc., the divorce rate is cut in half.

I guess a lot of them listened to Barack Obama when he said "marriage is between a man and a woman".

History shows us that the states are not places where human rights are promoted. The same Goppers also voted the same way on interracial marriage. They cant be trusted.
Also true.

Don't believe conservatives' "states' rights" lie.

For Republicans it's about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

American nuttiness seeps over here eventually. Is a worry.
We had a debate on TV last week between toy PM candidates, They ended up discussing if woman or pregnant person was suitable on a form.
The country is falling apart and that was seen as a big issue for some of them.
Normal folk dont give a shit. Its the same with Gay Marriage. Its a non issue for normal people. Its theocratic autocracy that we dont need.
~~~~~~
As they say in Blighty, "Bugger off"!

Forum List

Back