Why do so many Goppers oppose Gay Marriage ?

The question is not whether they can marry, the real question is should they get state perks for being married?

So let me ask you, when two people, or more, get married, why should they ask permission from the state? I mean really, who cares what idiots like Pelosi think about virtually anything? And why should they then have to pay for a license to be recognized by the state for their special perks?

Why should married folk have any more rights than people who are not married?

Hmm?

Why are people so insistent that the state be involved and give their approval?

That's a libertarian argument. None of these are reasons why conservatives oppose gay marriage. They do it on the basis of their religious beliefs.

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
Can I offer you yellow-teethed Brits some advice? Mind your own disintegrating country. America is still the top country in the world. You're not.

That's just fine.

It's been my experience that the "religious" are the first ones that want to tell you how to live your life and at the same time are the most greedy and "ungodly" people you are likely to meet.

Many may be right-leaning but I damn sure keep them at arm's length and jump in their shit with both feet when they try getting involved in local politics. Keep your "gawd" at church.
Oh yeah, the left never jams their agenda down our throats, huh. How's Terry McCauliff doing these days?

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
Same as with abortion. GOP men are cuckholders.

That's just fine.

It's been my experience that the "religious" are the first ones that want to tell you how to live your life and at the same time are the most greedy and "ungodly" people you are likely to meet.

Many may be right-leaning but I damn sure keep them at arm's length and jump in their shit with both feet when they try getting "gawd" involved in local politics. Keep your "gawd" at church.
I would like to see what would happen if the state took away all state perks for marriage.

Then people would no longer get married for money, no longer will you see an 18 yo playboy bunny marry a 90 yo man who is a billionaire.

If the state is removed from marriage, the only ones who will get married will be those who are religious, those who want it done as a ceremony before God.

Some see marriage as only between a man and a woman, as whatever their holy texts proscribe.

Or in some cases one man and a few women. Mormons and Muslims have no issue with polygamy.
In my state marriage was defined as between a man and a woman, and amended the state constitution accordingly. There is no need to reference any holy texts or bring religion into the matter at all. It was only after states neared the federal amendment level that the queers started seeking salvation from our sick and twisted activist judges.

No, it is all about the money honey.

That and the fact that the Left promotes anything and everything to help curb population numbers, such as abortion, etc.

you would think they would also try to support polyamorous marriages, going with the whole kink thing.

It must be a religous thing. But it is unamerican and unconservative. I would expect adult politicians to find more pressing matters to deal with.

There is nothing more pressing to politicians than keeping the fleeceable sheep at the front of the line.

~~~~~~

**********​

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Leviticus 18:22
Verse Concepts
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Source: 31 Bible verses about Gay Marriage

Why do you, a non-American citizen, worry about it?

Marriage is an eons old traditional union between a man and a woman. Regardless of what US lawmakers or our highest court have to say about it, true marriage cannot happen between two men or two women; such legislation and rulings enable adults to play make believe with reality. Same sex unions stand in direct opposition to biological human nature and the continuation of the human race. It is really that simple. Religion need play zero part in the matter; human biological ethics has it covered.

Marriage originated from the church, not the state

So why does anyone want the state involved, or is the state your religion?

Why should anyone get special state perks for being married?
No one will answer this, because it really is about the special legal benefits afforded to married people. There shouldn't be any, IMHO, but there was a time when the government felt it had a vested interest in promoting marriage to increase the tax base and populating the military. Of course, gay marriage accomplishes none of that, but they want the benefits, regardless.

The definition of "Marriage" is a relationship between a man and a broad.

"gay marriage" is an oxymoron.

Maybe if they would change the name of the institution from "Gay Marriage" to "Bumbuddies" , it would eliminate the confusion and be more distinguishable to normative folks.

Can I offer you yellow-teethed Brits some advice? Mind your own disintegrating country. America is still the top country in the world. You're not.
American nuttiness seeps over here eventually. Is a worry.
We had a debate on TV last week between toy PM candidates, They ended up discussing if woman or pregnant person was suitable on a form.
The country is falling apart and that was seen as a big issue for some of them.
Normal folk dont give a shit. Its the same with Gay Marriage. Its a non issue for normal people. Its theocratic autocracy that we dont need.

Forum List

Back