Why do so many Atheist and Christians misunderstand what Hell really is ?

Youwerecreated

VIP Member
Nov 29, 2010
I see it all the time the threat of a loving and just God is literally gonna torment people in fire for the rest of eternity. Why can't people see that it is not literal torment. The torment is being cut off from God ,death cuts us off from God.

Hell is the world of the dead nothing is alive in Hell. I know you will post all your scriptures that make it look like that all people that go to Hell will be tormented but what about the scriptures that show otherwise ?

Do we need to keep the word of God free of contradiction ?

Warning if you post the scriptures that show torment i will post a key scripture that shows what Hell and the lake of fire truly are. So post if you must but what i am looking for is give me your reasons why you believe a loving and just God would torment his children for eternity ? show me how that view goes along with God being loving and just ?

Warning if you post the scriptures that show torment i will post a key scripture that shows what Hell and the lake of fire truly are.
You should probably just get it over with and do it. Really, you should have done it in the first place.

give me your reasons why you believe a loving and just God would torment his children for eternity ?
Because he's anything but. Yahweh is a cruel, sadistic fuck that loves death and destruction. He craves it so much, that he commands his people to do it. Just look at his "holy land", and tell me if that's the work of a loving creator god.

I see it all the time the threat of a loving and just God is literally gonna torment people in fire for the rest of eternity. Why can't people see that it is not literal torment. The torment is being cut off from God ,death cuts us off from God.

Hell is the world of the dead nothing is alive in Hell. I know you will post all your scriptures that make it look like that all people that go to Hell will be tormented but what about the scriptures that show otherwise ?

Warning if you post the scriptures that show torment i will post a key scripture that shows what Hell and the lake of fire truly are. So post if you must but what i am looking for is give me your reasons why you believe a loving and just God would torment his children for eternity ? show me how that view goes along with God being loving and just ?

I would prefer the world of the Dead to some all powerful evil tyrant.

There is a literal hell. The Bible does say that. The scripture refering a seperation from God is refering to life here on earth. When you live a life separated from God is a termed as hell, not the physical hell of eternity. I hope I have helped you in not misrepresenting the Bible.

Warning if you post the scriptures that show torment i will post a key scripture that shows what Hell and the lake of fire truly are.
You should probably just get it over with and do it. Really, you should have done it in the first place.

give me your reasons why you believe a loving and just God would torment his children for eternity ?
Because he's anything but. Yahweh is a cruel, sadistic fuck that loves death and destruction. He craves it so much, that he commands his people to do it. Just look at his "holy land", and tell me if that's the work of a loving creator god.
And you are a pea brained fool.

And you are a pea brained fool.

Insult him all you want. He's not wrong.

Proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

I guess with the idea of a physical hell, I'm having a hard time understanding how I'm going to feel any pain (or anything at all for that matter) without nerves and a brain. Someone who believes in infinite torture care to explain?

I guess with the idea of a physical hell, I'm having a hard time understanding how I'm going to feel any pain (or anything at all for that matter) without nerves and a brain. Someone who believes in infinite torture care to explain?

I guess a loving God prescribes infinite punishment for finite transgressions.

But he loves you.

Israel still has no temple and you believe the covenant he made with Israel has not been broken ?

Yes he is gonna ridd the earth of the ones he see's as evil what is sadistic about that ?

If man has laws and they're broken and we punish the offender is that sadistic ?

Is what the United States are doing to terrorists sadistic ?

And who claims that there is torment forever?

Many Christians and atheists refer to this verse.

Rev 20:10 And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

So basically you are saying that hell is the nothingness Atheists say is what happens after death.

There is a literal hell. The Bible does say that. The scripture refering a seperation from God is refering to life here on earth. When you live a life separated from God is a termed as hell, not the physical hell of eternity. I hope I have helped you in not misrepresenting the Bible.

Explain then why the lake of fire is called the second death and not a place of torment ? And why death and helll are cast into the lake of fire ?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

So are they gonna be put death being cast into the lake of fire or are they gonna be tormented.

Anyone who teaches that God will torment people forever are ignorant of the scriptures and should not speak on the subject because you offend the creator not to mention drive people away from God by making him look sadistic.

Yeah there is a literal Hell but it's not what you're insinuating it is.

They can't or don't want to grasp the condition of the dead.

I guess a loving God prescribes infinite punishment for finite transgressions.

But he loves you.

Eternal death to those who choose poorly.

And who claims that there is torment forever?

Many Christians and atheists refer to this verse.

Rev 20:10 And the Devil who deceived them was cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were . And he will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
But more refer to this parable:

Mat 13: 36* Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Forum List

Back