Why do polls show support for gay marriage, when the states keep rejecting it?

Sounds like you tried to get him banned for saying that, bode, and failing that, you're trying to bait him into being more specific so you can try, try again...

Go troll somewhere else. For pretending to care about the public perception of homosexuals, you sure go out of your way to confirm all the unpleasant biases that exist about your orientation.

Sounds like you tried to get him banned for saying that, bode, and failing that, you're trying to bait him into being more specific so you can try, try again...

Go troll somewhere else. For pretending to care about the public perception of homosexuals, you sure go out of your way to confirm all the unpleasant biases that exist about your orientation.

So you are not a firm believer in personal responsibility, "koshergrl"? I was quite clear in my question. No subtlety there.

But...please explain what you mean by "confirm all the unpleasant biases that exist about" my orientation. What "unpleasant biases"?

You should start a thread about the unpleasant biases people have regarding dykes, bode. Then we can discuss it without derailing this thread. I was simply making an observation.

"But it wasn’t until 2007 that Harvard political scientist Daniel Hopkins confirmed the existence of the effect. He studied elections between 1989 and 2006 that pitted black and white Senate candidates against each other. He found that the black candidates polled better than their final share of the vote in contests with white candidates in elections through 1996. But the effect then vanished, for reasons that he said were unclear."

Unclear only to those who don't know anthropology or sociology. People will behave and say things uncommon to their true leanings when in a social setting. This is particularly true when the "tribe" seems to be leaning towards a certain new leader that not all approve of but that the person perceives they may be socially punished for if they are honest about how they will vote.

You see it all the time in playground politics. It's true with adults too. You know, when a bully it pushing people around and people fall in line while the bully is looking [or asking on a questionaire where other people are around]. Only later when the bully is defeated, those same people admit "I never liked him anyway"...

If I were a strategist, I'd just look at things like Chic Fil A and the Boycott A&E Duck Dynasty thing. Over a million likes of that DD Facebook boycott A&E page in like a day or something, right? There's the real numbers.

Look California is the fruit-loopiest state in the Union hands down. There's more weirdos there per square mile than crawfish in a swamp. And gay marriage still failed there. It would again if put to another initiative vote. That's why they want to think they're forcing Prop 8 to not be legal and binding there. They know if the people choose again it will be the same thing the third time around.

That pretty much says it all.

"But it wasn’t until 2007 that Harvard political scientist Daniel Hopkins confirmed the existence of the effect. He studied elections between 1989 and 2006 that pitted black and white Senate candidates against each other. He found that the black candidates polled better than their final share of the vote in contests with white candidates in elections through 1996. But the effect then vanished, for reasons that he said were unclear."

Unclear only to those who don't know anthropology or sociology. People will behave and say things uncommon to their true leanings when in a social setting. This is particularly true when the "tribe" seems to be leaning towards a certain new leader that not all approve of but that the person perceives they may be socially punished for if they are honest about how they will vote.

You see it all the time in playground politics. It's true with adults too. You know, when a bully it pushing people around and people fall in line while the bully is looking [or asking on a questionaire where other people are around]. Only later when the bully is defeated, those same people admit "I never liked him anyway"...

If I were a strategist, I'd just look at things like Chic Fil A and the Boycott A&E Duck Dynasty thing. Over a million likes of that DD Facebook boycott A&E page in like a day or something, right? There's the real numbers.

Look California is the fruit-loopiest state in the Union hands down. There's more weirdos there per square mile than crawfish in a swamp. And gay marriage still failed there. It would again if put to another initiative vote. That's why they want to think they're forcing Prop 8 to not be legal and binding there. They know if the people choose again it will be the same thing the third time around.

That pretty much says it all.

How many times have you visited California? And what parts?

The pollsters are lying. Americans oppose pervert marriage because they know that most homonazis are child molesters and letting them marry will mean adoptions and more child molesting.

Aside from the fact that gays are already adopting, you fail to realize that gays are not child molesters and already adopt and give children loving homes.

Loving homes homophobic breeders like you won't give them.

Conservatives saw the handwriting on the wall with this one

Ten to fifteen years ago they started passing Constitutional amendments defining marriage as between one man and one woman.......before anyone was even asking for gay marriage
They pushed through DOMA when gay marriage was not on anyone's radar

They put gay marriage up for votes when it didn't have a chance

Now the tide has turned. 15 states have gay marriage. 58% back gay marriage. The courts will not support bans

But gay marriage will win out. Too many states have it and will cause too many problems with gays moving between states

Give it ten years and it will be the law of the land

Conservatives saw the handwriting on the wall with this one

Ten to fifteen years ago they started passing Constitutional amendments defining marriage as between one man and one woman.......before anyone was even asking for gay marriage
They pushed through DOMA when gay marriage was not on anyone's radar

They put gay marriage up for votes when it didn't have a chance

Now the tide has turned. 15 states have gay marriage. 58% back gay marriage. The courts will not support bans

But gay marriage will win out. Too many states have it and will cause too many problems with gays moving between states

Give it ten years and it will be the law of the land

This will be the first year where every gay couple who is married in a legal state can file joint federal taxes...even if they have moved to a state like that backwater, Tejas. This is going to accelerate. (not decelerate) :D

You should start a thread about the unpleasant biases people have regarding dykes, bode. Then we can discuss it without derailing this thread. I was simply making an observation.

Haters got to hate

I'm waiting for someone to say something that justifies a response.

In a thread where you and rw are circling, it could be a long wait.

Homosexual marriage is consistently defeated in the only poll that matters, the voting booth. The problem is that the will of the people is overturned by lifetime appointed liberal federal judges.

ah another anti american decides to speak out.

The last two times Gay Marriage has come up for a popular vote, it passed - in Maryland and Maine.

It's negligible, anyway - since we don't live in a "democracy", as you guys on the right are usually quick to point out.

It's funny that you guys are all about Mob Rule when your side is the "Mob".

It is a state issue and not a federal one....If a state doesn't want gay marriage they dont have to have it. That is how this country works.

Nonsense.

It’s a state issue as long as the states obey the Constitution.

When a state seeks to deny a citizen his civil liberties, however, such as denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights concerning marriage, citizens adversely effected may seek relief in Federal court, and have un-Constitutional laws enacted by the states invalidated.

The states have only themselves to blame when their un-Constitutional laws are struck down by the courts.

The last two times Gay Marriage has come up for a popular vote, it passed - in Maryland and Maine.

It's negligible, anyway - since we don't live in a "democracy", as you guys on the right are usually quick to point out.

It's funny that you guys are all about Mob Rule when your side is the "Mob".

It is a state issue and not a federal one....If a state doesn't want gay marriage they dont have to have it. That is how this country works.

irrelevant if its federal, state, city, town, outhouse. You can't vote to strip a person of their rights. i know this has always been a complicated fact for people who think like you do. This is why states are turning the other way now.

So, you're in favor of mob rule, as long as it's a state-wide mob and not a federal mob?

Naw, we'll stick with the republic version...

The problem is our judiciary has become corrupt, and when they are corrupt and the white house admin is also corrupt, everything sort of falls apart at the seams. We have three branches of government, two of them are terribly corrupt, thanks to progressive worms. So we're screwed. The main thing is to fight against the corruption, and continue to point it out.

When bad law is forced upon the states by overreaching, activist judges, and the executive branch joins in, then we're obligated to take note and object.
ah yes, the i dont agree with a certain part of government because my team isnt leading it, thus they are corrupt excuse.

I am in favor of the state making state decisions on its own the way the country was set up without being strong armed by a minority special interest. If they want to vote a measure by god they can. Each state can make up its own mind about the issue with out you fascists demanding federal laws where none need exist.
ok where did you get that steaming pile of bullshit...???
this country would not have happened if the founding fathers hadn't strong armed the British and the representatives that would not sign the DOI OR the Constitution.
you really are as imbecilic as you seem.....fuck me!

Holy shit the historical ignorance you show in this post is mind boggling.
really? don't you mean in the previous post ?

Forum List

Back