Why Do People Support Trump?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I see here and elsewhere people who otherwise identify and conservative or Republican or both. Yet if you asked them even 9 months ago, would you support a life long Democrat who favors single payer healthcare, favors use of eminent domain for private gain, favors abortion, and has never held office they would answer a resounding NO.
And yet here they are supporting Trump, who is all those things and more. A man with professed intentions to commit war crimes, an idiot on foreign policy, a serial adulterer, a man who plays footsie with racists.
How to explain this?

I see here and elsewhere people who otherwise identify and conservative or Republican or both. Yet if you asked them even 9 months ago, would you support a life long Democrat who favors single payer healthcare, favors use of eminent domain for private gain, favors abortion, and has never held office they would answer a resounding NO.
And yet here they are supporting Trump, who is all those things and more. A man with professed intentions to commit war crimes, an idiot on foreign policy, a serial adulterer, a man who plays footsie with racists.
How to explain this?

I don't support Trump. I think he's a blowhard and a jackass. I don't care if he is a secret Liberal in his heart. I can no more support his ridiculous run than I can support Hillary's. If they are the candidates, I will stay home.

How many thousands lost their pensions and savings because of Trump bankruptcies? Don't worry. We'll find out in the General Election.

How to explain this?
Isn't it obvious. Trump sounds like a typical Republican.

People who love the country support Trump. I support him mostly because he is the only candidate who isnt bought and paid for. I also support him because almost every politician of both parties who have run up a 20 trillion debt and gotten thousands of american soldiers butchered and maimed for nothing hate him. I support him because he stands strong after more than a billion dollars has been spent against him and 55,000 negative ads run against him.

People are pissed.

Supporting Trump is a way to lash out at ALL politicians. Much of his strength comes from the hatred tossed his way by the Jake Starkey wing of the alleged Republican (read "Closetcrat") Party.

He may do a shitty job when he's president but nobody really expects it would be any less so than that to be expected from any of the other candidates of any stripe.

How to explain this?

I don't support Trump. I think he's a blowhard and a jackass. I don't care if he is a secret Liberal in his heart. I can no more support his ridiculous run than I can support Hillary's. If they are the candidates, I will stay home.

If you are happy with the way things are going then definitely vote for more of the same. Trump is different. He isn't owned by anyone. He say's the things we all think but all outer politicians are afraid to say. He has made a fortune making the right decisions and putting the right people in the right positions. If he even tries to do what he say's he will be the best president since Eisenhower. If you look back at the last few presidents yuo'll notice they have all been pretty much the same. Bush1, Clinton, Bush2, obama all gave you bigger government and less freedom. They all campaign saying all the right things but none of them do what they say. Trump is not a politician, he is a businessman and a good one at that. Sure he has had some failures but anyone that creates that many businesses and creates that many jobs will have will have a loss occasionally.. The thing about most politicians is they never created a job or company, they only thing they ever did is run for office then pay back the supporters that own them. Trump is differnt and we need something differnt.

How to explain this?

Conservatives don't want brown people in this country and Trump was the first one to make a big deal out of deporting the brown people so all is forgiven

People who love the country support Trump. I support him mostly because he is the only candidate who isnt bought and paid for. I also support him because almost every politician of both parties who have run up a 20 trillion debt and gotten thousands of american soldiers butchered and maimed for nothing hate him. I support him because he stands strong after more than a billion dollars has been spent against him and 55,000 negative ads run against him.
That is absolutely not an answer or explanation.
Bernie Sanders is not bought and paid for either. In fact his supporters tout that as the reason they support him.

How to explain this?

Conservatives don't want brown people in this country and Trump was the first one to make a big deal out of deporting the brown people so all is forgiven
That is a lie. Conservatives are for open immigration. Trump is no conservative.

How to explain this?

Don't stay home or you are just as responsible. Vote for Gary Johnson

How to explain this?

If you are happy with the way things are going then definitely vote for more of the same. Trump is different. He isn't owned by anyone. He say's the things we all think but all outer politicians are afraid to say. He has made a fortune making the right decisions and putting the right people in the right positions. If he even tries to do what he say's he will be the best president since Eisenhower. If you look back at the last few presidents yuo'll notice they have all been pretty much the same. Bush1, Clinton, Bush2, obama all gave you bigger government and less freedom. They all campaign saying all the right things but none of them do what they say. Trump is not a politician, he is a businessman and a good one at that. Sure he has had some failures but anyone that creates that many businesses and creates that many jobs will have will have a loss occasionally.. The thing about most politicians is they never created a job or company, they only thing they ever did is run for office then pay back the supporters that own them. Trump is differnt and we need something differnt.
So Bush etc campaigned on saying the right things but didnt do them.
Trump is campaigning on saying the right things and you think he'll actually do them?
Just how fucking stupid are you? HE isnt even saying the right things. He isnt talking about the Constitution, or cutting gov't spending, or anything. He's talking about war crimes and expanding government.
Just how fucking stupid are you, again?

How to explain this?

That is a lie. Conservatives are for open immigration. Trump is no conservative.

That's a tough claim to make without resorting to a "no true scotsman".

That is absolutely not an answer or explanation.
Bernie Sanders is not bought and paid for either. In fact his supporters tout that as the reason they support him.

Good for them. I also agree with bernie that its time big money is expunged from politics. I once supported the citizens united decision but i now see it as the billionaires control of politics decision.

I also support Trump because he helps so many people and because illegal trash wave the mexican flag and break laws and beat up people.

Forum List

Back