Why do people refuse to do the research?

Just a quick note on licorice root to caution for limited use. The studies have also found a few people who took licorice suffered lesions on their livers. I suspect that their livers had some sort of parasite that the licorice killed. Licorice root can also affect hormones if taken long term (more so in males than females).

I have researched health issues for many years and today, the internet makes it easy. I have numerous books on the topic, subscriptions to newsletters and websites, and have read numerous white papers on various health issues. I do not consider myself an expert, but I am confident I know a great deal more than nearly all Americans, including most doctors.

I can't even get family members who are in poor health, to regularly take a good multivitamin. WTF is wrong with people? Are they just too lazy to spend time researching health? The internet makes it easy, yet many are still unwilling to spend the time even though they are ill.

Why are so many Americans totally dependent on their doctors, for their health? This is equivalent to selling your soul to the devil. Most doctors and physicians know NOTHING about diet, nutrition, and supplements. They poo-poo them usually.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh, totally.

Often the problem is when you're young, you feel invincible and you get injured, or you eat badly, it doesn't impact you noticeably.

When people get older, it does, but they'll blame something else.
I worked with a guy in the mid 80s, who was obese in his late 20s. He was a lawyer with a good income and successful career. He and I went to lunch often for about five years, until I left that job. He ALWAYS ordered a well done hamburger and fries for lunch....I mean every single time. He never exercised and drink too much. He had a beautiful wife and three kids. He died of a heart attack in his late 50s. He essentially killed himself.

Yes, I've seen it a lot.

My next door neighbors when growing up both died of diabetes I think. Hardly surprising as they never did exercise. They weren't obese at all, but they didn't look after themselves

Their son wrote something about diabetes on Facebook the other day, but he's looking like he could go the other way. His only saving grace could be that he's a greenkeeper on a golf course, that exercise could save him, but he's still quite chubby.

However the worst is with parents bring their kids up. They don't know anything.They're damaging their kids.

Down the road was a girl a year younger than me. She'd eat and eat and eat and her parents didn't stop her. She was massively obese.

I have researched health issues for many years and today, the internet makes it easy. I have numerous books on the topic, subscriptions to newsletters and websites, and have read numerous white papers on various health issues. I do not consider myself an expert, but I am confident I know a great deal more than nearly all Americans, including most doctors.

I can't even get family members who are in poor health, to regularly take a good multivitamin. WTF is wrong with people? Are they just too lazy to spend time researching health? The internet makes it easy, yet many are still unwilling to spend the time even though they are ill.

Why are so many Americans totally dependent on their doctors, for their health? This is equivalent to selling your soul to the devil. Most doctors and physicians know NOTHING about diet, nutrition, and supplements. They poo-poo them usually.

..familial/culture/---discipline..which I think is as you say '''lazy''!! mentally and physically
..my father was a ''health nut''--not to extremes though
..he was athletic and into sports..never ''over ate''
..my brothers and I are the same
..our family is not obese--we were always competitive/into sports

...soda can be a significant problem....some of my daughter's friends used to drink a whole glass or even 2 when we went to a restaurant....my 2 daughters ALWAYS order water---as I do/did as they were growing up...so I ''taught'' them to drink healthy

...ever since I was in the service, I've always worked out/ran....my daughters do the same now
...my wife never worked out...she did some after we got married....and tried some more...but never as much as my daughters

sure, it's not written in stone and there are many families who are varied--like your family...?

IMO, some people do not realize/know how to ''be healthy''
Soda pop is a major problem in the USA. Many Americans consume several so call diet sodas, very day. I have to believe many of those people end up with ailments later in life. I have never consumed many sodas my entire life. I probably haven't had one in 15 years.

Of course, soda is the tip of the ice berg. I suspect a good percentage of Americans consider pizza a health food.

I have two family members who recently had heart attacks and open heart surgery. One in his late 50s the other in his early 60s. Both have done almost nothing to improve their diet. Both consume large amounts of Big Pharma poison. Never take any vitamins. I have given them books and research papers, outlining the tremendous benefits of a vitamin regimen...to no avail. It sickens me.
..I researched the topic a little sometime ago....I think it said, genetics is a major aspect of obesity
...also heart problems--my father was in great shape--doing all kinds of stuff till he died in his mid 80s--including sports/shoveling snow/etc...but his family had a long history of heart problems
...but like you and the experts say---you can cut the risk
...my father never had time to work out --- like I do---when we we growing up--but he watched his weight/eating habits/walked a lot/etc
I think with proper diet and a good vitamin regime, one can overcome poor genetics.

Few Americans know the tremendous effect taking vitamin C in large doses throughout the day, can have. It is truly a wonder 'drug' few know about. I have been taking 8-10 grams of C every day for years now. I haven't had a cold that caused me more the slightest sore throat. Dr Linus Pauling outlined the wonderful benefits of C back in the 1970s, and won two Nobel Prizes. Yet, his work is ignored by nearly everyone.
...I just bought my daughter multivitamins ...she's on a veggie diet which I don't like...cost $$$ for one [ generally ]
...so you think the C stuff is good? maybe I'll try the multivitamins
...my coworker would make fun of my lunch all the time--I would have some fruit, vegetable, sandwich with 1 piece of meat, cookies, water
...he would buy all the time--hamburger/pizza/tacos--no fruit-veggies
..he is a big drinker --was smoker--but quit
..for most people in general, this is ok if you are '''young'''.....but once you get older, it's bad and harder to get rid of the weight
...of course if you eat right from the ''start'', this is a big help for the future
...and it's harder to change your diet after you've been with it for years

Vegetarians don't need multivitamins.

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 8 years old and I'm fine.

The main point about being veggie is to get enough protein. Knowing where to get that protein is the main problem.

Nuts and pulses along with things like cheese are your best bets.

Amusing. The vast majority of people who have been sold on the idea of multi-vitamins do not need them and they are simply flushed down the toilet. A simple blood test will tell your doctor if you are deficient in any vitamins or minerals.

As for being a vegetarian, whatever floats your boat but humans were designed to eat meat.

Genes make a tremendous difference.

Bottom line, everything in moderation.

..familial/culture/---discipline..which I think is as you say '''lazy''!! mentally and physically
..my father was a ''health nut''--not to extremes though
..he was athletic and into sports..never ''over ate''
..my brothers and I are the same
..our family is not obese--we were always competitive/into sports

...soda can be a significant problem....some of my daughter's friends used to drink a whole glass or even 2 when we went to a restaurant....my 2 daughters ALWAYS order water---as I do/did as they were growing up...so I ''taught'' them to drink healthy

...ever since I was in the service, I've always worked out/ran....my daughters do the same now
...my wife never worked out...she did some after we got married....and tried some more...but never as much as my daughters

sure, it's not written in stone and there are many families who are varied--like your family...?

IMO, some people do not realize/know how to ''be healthy''
Soda pop is a major problem in the USA. Many Americans consume several so call diet sodas, very day. I have to believe many of those people end up with ailments later in life. I have never consumed many sodas my entire life. I probably haven't had one in 15 years.

Of course, soda is the tip of the ice berg. I suspect a good percentage of Americans consider pizza a health food.

I have two family members who recently had heart attacks and open heart surgery. One in his late 50s the other in his early 60s. Both have done almost nothing to improve their diet. Both consume large amounts of Big Pharma poison. Never take any vitamins. I have given them books and research papers, outlining the tremendous benefits of a vitamin regimen...to no avail. It sickens me.
..I researched the topic a little sometime ago....I think it said, genetics is a major aspect of obesity
...also heart problems--my father was in great shape--doing all kinds of stuff till he died in his mid 80s--including sports/shoveling snow/etc...but his family had a long history of heart problems
...my father never had time to work out --- like I do---when we we growing up--but he watched his weight/eating habits/walked a lot/etc
I think with proper diet and a good vitamin regime, one can overcome poor genetics.

Few Americans know the tremendous effect taking vitamin C in large doses throughout the day, can have. It is truly a wonder 'drug' few know about. I have been taking 8-10 grams of C every day for years now. I haven't had a cold that caused me more the slightest sore throat. Dr Linus Pauling outlined the wonderful benefits of C back in the 1970s, and won two Nobel Prizes. Yet, his work is ignored by nearly everyone.
...I just bought my daughter multivitamins ...she's on a veggie diet which I don't like...cost $$$ for one [ generally ]
...my coworker would make fun of my lunch all the time--I would have some fruit, vegetable, sandwich with 1 piece of meat, cookies, water
..for most people in general, this is ok if you are '''young'''.....but once you get older, it's bad and harder to get rid of the weight
...of course if you eat right from the ''start'', this is a big help for the future

The main point about being veggie is to get enough protein. Knowing where to get that protein is the main problem.

Being a vegetarian is great, but you still need vitamins. Particularly C.

Amusing. The vast majority of people who have been sold on the idea of multi-vitamins do not need them and they are simply flushed down the toilet. A simple blood test will tell your doctor if you are deficient in any vitamins or minerals.

As for being a vegetarian, whatever floats your boat but humans were designed to eat meat.

Genes make a tremendous difference.

Bottom line, everything in moderation.
Spoken like an uninformed physician of the establishment.

Yes, you do. But then everyone needs vitamins, and eating properly as a vegetarian will get you enough vitamin C.

Yes, you do. But then everyone needs vitamins, and eating properly as a vegetarian will get you enough vitamin C.
I don’t think so. Most adults need 8-10 grams per day and if ill, you need a lot more. I don’t think you can get that much from any diet.

I don’t think so. Most adults need 8-10 grams per day and if ill, you need a lot more. I don’t think you can get that much from any diet.

Potentially. But then if humans NEED something but can't get it from any diet, then humans have gone without it for a long, long time, and still survived.

You've got the internet, and now you know more than most doctors.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Doctors aren't dietitians.

Doctors word hard doing what they're doing, and some of them are very wrong.

Like when my father went to a doctor three times and said "I think I've got cancer", the doctor sent him to a psychologist instead after dismissing his worries, the psychologist then told him he had cancer and he was lucky it got dealt with early enough.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Like when my father went to a doctor three times and said "I think I've got cancer", the doctor sent him to a psychologist instead after dismissing his worries, the psychologist then told him he had cancer and he was lucky it got dealt with early enough.
Some Drs are dieticians, some are not.

Not every Dr is perfect
Thinking you know more than you Dr because you read about it on the internet is silly.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect
Thinking you know more than you Dr because you read about it on the internet is silly.

No, I wouldn't say it's silly.

He said he knows more about it than some doctors, and he says he's read widely on the subject, not just internet webpages, but also white papers etc.

Potentially. But then if humans NEED something but can't get it from any diet, then humans have gone without it for a long, long time, and still survived.
True but for optimum health you need supplements. You can’t get enough vitamin C or D from diet. D particularly in the winter months, when the sun does not produce it via your skin

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect
Yeah the doctor ALWAYS knows what’s best. LOL.

Watch the video I posted above about doctors refusing vitamin c to an ill patient and nearly killing him.

Many Americans consume several so call diet sodas, very day. I have to believe many of those people end up with ailments later in life.

Show me your clinical research and double blind studies.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect

Many Americans consume several so call diet sodas, very day. I have to believe many of those people end up with ailments later in life.

I suspect you two idiots think the internet is for insulting people and watching porn.

Many great doctors have published numerous studies and research papers ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. Did I just blow your small minds?

...and can you believe it????...

Doctors have actually posted their lectures ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. WOW man ...just Wow!!!

Spend some time here...DoctorYourself.com: Andrew Saul's Natural Health Website.

and here...http://orthomolecular.org/index.shtml

and here...Dr. Thomas Levy

if you need more, which I doubt...because ignorant people generally stay that way...you can ask me.

I expect a thank you for alleviating you two of your terrible ignorance.

Last edited:

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect

I suspect you two idiots think the internet is for insulting people and watching porn.

Many great doctors have published numerous studies and research papers ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. Did I just blow your small minds?

Doctors have actually posted their lectures ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. WOW man ...just Wow!!!

Spend some time here...DoctorYourself.com: Andrew Saul's Natural Health Website.

if you need more, which I doubt...because ignorant people generally stay that way...you can ask me.

Ninety percent of medical papers I read are on the Internet. In peer reviewed publications published online.

Not in .... curecancerwithvitaminC.biz

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect

No, I wouldn't say it's silly.

He said he knows more about it than some doctors, and he says he's read widely on the subject, not just internet webpages, but also white papers etc.
And then cites quack research like vitamin C curing cancer.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Not every Dr is perfect

You gotta be able to distinguish between the snake oil salesmen and the medical professionals. You seem to be having difficluty with that.

Forum List

Back