Why Do People Celebrate the Confederacy?

The Vietnam War was lost, yet they still have a monument in Washington DC.
The soldiers in Vietnam fought for America, not against it.
The confederate soldiers fought for Mexico, right? Or was it France?
That's easy info to find. Look it up sometime.
See, that's your problem. You see the Northern states as America, but not the Southern states. YOU are the problem.
The southern states seceded and formed their own country. So they were not the United States.

Actually, they didn't secede at all.

They ATTEMPTED to secede but failed.

Confederate Memorial Day (called Confederate Heroes Day in Texas and Florida, and Confederate Decoration Day in Tennessee) is a cultural holiday observed in several Southern U.S. states on various dates since the end of the Civil War to remember the estimated 258,000 Confederate soldiers who died in military service.

It is an official state holiday in Alabama, Mississippi, and South Carolina; while it is commemorated in Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, and Tennessee.It was also formerly recognized in Georgia, Louisiana, and Virginia. For most states, the official date is or was April 26, when the last major Confederate field army surrendered at Bennett Place, North Carolina in 1865.

Why do people remember this and celebrate it?
Most likely because their ancestors fought for the Confederacy and they have pride in their ancestors. (My ancestors in this nation all lived in New York State and Pennsylvania and if they were here during the Civil War they might have fought for the North.)

I know a lady who right now is flying an American Stars and Bars flag in her front yard and a Confederate flag in her back yard.

Not surprisingly her favorite novel of all time is ‘Gone With the Wind.’
Their ancestors were traitors who declared war on the United States.

Actually, the rebels were all exonerated of the charge of treason, President Andrew Johnson (a lib, BTW) pardoned most of the confederates. The last to be exonerated was CSA President Jeff Davis who was pardoned by Liberal Jimmy Carter.

Confederate Memorial Day (called Confederate Heroes Day in Texas and Florida, and Confederate Decoration Day in Tennessee) is a cultural holiday observed in several Southern U.S. states on various dates since the end of the Civil War to remember the estimated 258,000 Confederate soldiers who died in military service.

It is an official state holiday in Alabama, Mississippi, and South Carolina; while it is commemorated in Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, and Tennessee.It was also formerly recognized in Georgia, Louisiana, and Virginia. For most states, the official date is or was April 26, when the last major Confederate field army surrendered at Bennett Place, North Carolina in 1865.

Most likely because their ancestors fought for the Confederacy and they have pride in their ancestors. (My ancestors in this nation all lived in New York State and Pennsylvania and if they were here during the Civil War they might have fought for the North.)

I know a lady who right now is flying an American Stars and Bars flag in her front yard and a Confederate flag in her back yard.

Since I am a Yankee my advise to you is that if you are ever in a country western bar in the South you keep your opinions to yourself.

See, that's your problem. You see the Northern states as America, but not the Southern states. YOU are the problem.
The southern states seceded and formed their own country. So they were not the United States.

Actually, they didn't secede at all.

They ATTEMPTED to secede but failed.
They did secede. They then declared war. And took that ass whippin.

Since I am a Yankee my advise to you is that if you are ever in a country western bar in the South you keep your opinions to yourself.
I have relatives in the south and my advice to you is keep your racist ass out of black barber shops and clubs. I don't like country western music and there is no way in hell that you would catch me in some all saltine bar anywhere in the south.

The same reason we in Oz celebrate ANZAC Day probably. It is not a CELEBRATION; it is remembering loss.

1622345627376.png

Greg

Actually, the rebels were all exonerated of the charge of treason, President Andrew Johnson (a lib, BTW) pardoned most of the confederates. The last to be exonerated was CSA President Jeff Davis who was pardoned by Liberal Jimmy Carter.
Andrew Johnson was a conservstive. The confederacy were traitors. Period. Yet we see that it's fine that this history is taught but we can't teach the 1619 Project. Why is the 1619 Project divisive but teaching about some traitors who declared war on America and lost is not?

When the southern states formed their own country and tried to defeat the U.S., they were not part of the U.S. anymore. Surely, that can't be too hard for you to grasp.
Oh, no. I would call that restorative action. It was the U.S. that left the U.S.

Was the South pardoned and allowed to re-join the union or not?

Were the men who fought for their states honorable for doing their duty or not?
No, they were not honorable.
Why? You're saying my no-slave-owning ancestor who was conscripted into the Louisiana Cavalry and did his duty as his state commanded was not honorable?

FUCK YOU!!!
Your no slave owning ancestor participated in Jim Crow. And his service to the Confederacy was not honorable.
He had no choice. He had no power. He served his home state. He was nothing but a soldier. He didn't make JimCrow happen. He barely saw another person other than his family when not at war. Dude was a rural farmer.

But you just made a life-long enemy. I fucking hate you. Die, you race-baiting inferiority-complex black motherfucker!!! You're a worthless piece of black shit!!

The same reason we in Oz celebrate ANZAC Day probably. It is not a CELEBRATION; it is remembering loss.

View attachment 495289

Greg
I live in OZ. The confederacy was not America.

When the southern states formed their own country and tried to defeat the U.S., they were not part of the U.S. anymore. Surely, that can't be too hard for you to grasp.
Oh, no. I would call that restorative action. It was the U.S. that left the U.S.

Why? You're saying my no-slave-owning ancestor who was conscripted into the Louisiana Cavalry and did his duty as his state commanded was not honorable?

FUCK YOU!!!
Your no slave owning ancestor participated in Jim Crow. And his service to the Confederacy was not honorable.
He had no choice. He had no power. He served his home state. He was nothing but a soldier. He didn't make JimCrow happen. He barely saw another person other than his family when not at war. Dude was a rural farmer.

But you just made a life-long enemy. I fucking hate you. Die, you race-baiting inferiority-complex black motherfucker!!! You're a worthless piece of black shit!!
No excuses. He did not have to serve, he could have worked to oppose Jim Crow. Seems that you have the inferiority complex white boy. This whitebread gaslighting wherreby I am supposed to feel inferior because I demand that whites end their bullshit is having no effect. All your response does is prove the existence of white fragility.

Andrew Johnson was a conservstive. The confederacy were traitors. Period. Yet we see that it's fine that this history is taught but we can't teach the 1619 Project. Why is the 1619 Project divisive but teaching about some traitors who declared war on America and lost is not?
******* should be slaves to white people. I fucking hate you fucking *******!! Eat a fat dick and die, you worthless afro velcro piece of shit. I would love take a baseball bat to your fucking ****** face!!!
Look at this tantrum. Lol! Lol! LMAO! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14::boo_hoo14:
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

View attachment 495289

Greg
I live in OZ. The confederacy was not America.
Fuck you

I hate your black ass. I HOPE black people always bitch and cry and die

The white boy had a tantrum because I spoke truth about his uncle. He wanted to make some claim about his uncle never owning anyone like that standard white racist excuse is going to have merit.. You pussies talk all day about our ancestors and dare think that yours won't be held to account?

This ain't 1921 bitches and if you haven't noticed, MAGA is dead.

I'm putting this worthless black racist knee grow on IGNORE. Fucking commie Marxist lying race baiting piece of cocksucking shit.

This is why we must NEVER give these useless knee grows "reparations.". We need to kill them all!!!
We will get reparations or God will destroy this country. So keep talking, stupid cracker.

FUCK YOU!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! All that because he dissed one of your confederacy heroes?

• Funny
Reactions: IM2

FUCK YOU!!!
The confederacy, notably the state of Louisiana, was responsible for drafting your ancestor, not the U.S. If he was forced to fight, blame it on the white guys who were running Louisiana at the time. If he went willingly, that was his choice.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

Were the men who fought for the

FUCK YOU!!!
The confederacy, notably the state of Louisiana, was responsible for drafting your ancestor, not the U.S. If he was forced to fight, blame it on the white guys who were running Louisiana at the time. If he went willingly, that was his choice.
Watch out Lys, he'll have another melt down.

I have relatives in the south and my advice to you is keep your racist ass out of black barber shops and clubs. I don't like country western music and there is no way in hell that you would catch me in some all saltine bar anywhere in the south.
I suspect I am far less racist than you think.

Your statement that you wouldn’t enter an all saltine bar in the South tells me there may be a good reason why you wouldn’t.

To those Yankees who will enter all white bars in the South it is not all that wise to call the ancestors of those in the bar “traitors” if they fought for the South.

Forum List

Back