Why do military people hate Republicans?

Having worked with the military for 40 years, most support Republicans

Can’t claim they are too bright

Sometimes you have to hold your nose and run Republican even if you disagree with them on everything.

Ron Paul did that in '08 and '12.

He received more money from military personnel than all other candidates combined both times. He's the candidate who was running on bringing them home and building more bases here, real defense spending.

The problem is with the general electrorate. Not with military personnel. Military personnel understand things a little better than the general electorate. Much better, actually.
I have found them to be blindly conservative regardless of what they do

The troops loved George Bush even though his rash decisions needlessly killed thousands
Except for the black and Hispanic troops, they hated Obama even though he was pulling them out
They love Trump even though he showed disdain for the military his whole life

Military people are a microcosm of the US population. You have both lefties and righties in the military.

Yes and no. The military has always leaned more to the right. Though I do think from what I have seen and read and from those still in that is shifting

Military people are a microcosm of the US population. You have both lefties and righties in the military.

Yes and no. The military has always leaned more to the right. Though I do think from what I have seen and read and from those still in that is shifting
I would assume that to be slightly true that they leaned more to the right when speaking of officers but from my experience the enlisted tend to lean to the left..

It's all about M.O.N.E.Y. Commiecrats believe our military is the hammer in the hand of US "imperialism and hegemony" so they feel justified to cut the Pentagon budget down to nothing and spend that money on "diversity" programs....ie men identifying as women for the afternoon in women's bathrooms. Trump rolled in and gave them a pay raise, new gear, and a ticket out of the ambush waiting for them in Syria.

I would assume that to be slightly true that they leaned more to the right when speaking of officers but from my experience the enlisted tend to lean to the left..

I was in from 1988 to 2008 and even the enlisted were just as right leaning then. Maybe that has changed now.

It's all about M.O.N.E.Y. Commiecrats believe our military is the hammer in the hand of US "imperialism and hegemony" so they feel justified to cut the Pentagon budget down to nothing and spend that money on "diversity" programs....ie men identifying as women for the afternoon in women's bathrooms. Trump rolled in and gave them a pay raise, new gear, and a ticket out of the ambush waiting for them in Syria.

While it is fun to pretend that the Dems drastically cut the military budget under Obama...it is just not fact.

upload_2018-12-26_14-42-23.png

I was in from 1988 to 2008 and even the enlisted were just as right leaning then. Maybe that has changed now.
I was enlisted inside that same time frame. Maybe its just the people you and I were around?

I was enlisted inside that same time frame. Maybe its just the people you and I were around?

If you do not mind me asking ,what branch were you in. I was in the Corps but I worked a lot with the Air Force and found them to be more left leaning than the Marines.

For what its worth....

Does the Military Vote Really Lean Republican? | TIME.com

If you do not mind me asking ,what branch were you in. I was in the Corps but I worked a lot with the Air Force and found them to be more left leaning than the Marines.
Air Force definitely more left leaning. I was in the Army and yes I would automatically assume all if not most Marines were right leaning. You would be miserable if you werent.

Military veterans against Donald Trump

I have seen countless videos of veterans against Donald Trump. why do they hate him and Republicans so much?

Are military people democrats?

48959203_599818643773571_7923788583184367616_n.jpg
you poor thing . disgruntled democrats are in the military as are republicans.
Overall the military supports trump due to his support of them.
Disgruntled people are far more likely to whine and cry and post negtive comments then people who are happy and with life.

I cannot tell. Are they supporting Trump for keeping his promise to bring soldiers home?

I personally don't support it. It's stupid.

Is the OP? Cause he has just announced he is bringing troops home from a region he did not start.

Has the OP foolishly whipped out a bumper sticker without thinking?

trump epitomizes why I never served, even with the encouragement of a beloved relative who was a USAF lifer during the Nixon era. What do you do when you have sworn an oath to serve and then end up with some scum like trump as your your commander-in-chief? Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?

While it is fun to pretend that the Dems drastically cut the military budget under Obama...it is just not fact.

View attachment 236943

Baloney....Obama blamed the CONGRESS for his sequestration.....tell it to the boys who didn't have the ammunition to patrol in Afghanistan or the flight crews who were cannibalizing perfectly sound aircraft to keep others available....Your chart doesn't say who made it....I know what I've been hearing for years....since LBJ.

Barack Obama says Congress owns sequestration cuts

trump epitomizes why I never served, even with the encouragement of a beloved relative who was a USAF lifer during the Nixon era. What do you do when you have sworn an oath to serve and then end up with some scum like trump as your your commander-in-chief? Does one have to salute such a bag of shit?

I hear ya....imagine having to salute a muslim communist like Obama selling out our country to Iran and Russia and keeping our economy in chinese handcuffs.

Unfortunately you have to salute every scum bag or faint while in ranks and be dragged behind the formation.

Air Force definitely more left leaning.

Not sure how you formed this opinion. I was in the USAF from Carter through Clinton. Enlisted and commissioned. I never met anyone who was "left leaning". Most people were conservative though not necessarily Republican. Clinton was hated and he made no secret he hated us. Carter was despised. Regan and both Bushes were popular.

I'm retired from flying now but I teach part time at a training facility where certain USAF pilots train. They couldn't stand Obama's PC, gay loving, anti-American bullshit. I have yet to hear any of them comment on Trump.

Air Force definitely more left leaning.

Not sure how you formed this opinion. I was in the USAF from Carter through Clinton. Enlisted and commissioned. I never met anyone who was "left leaning". Most people were conservative though not necessarily Republican. Clinton was hated and he made no secret he hated us. Carter was despised. Regan and both Bushes were popular.

I'm retired from flying now but I teach part time at a training facility where certain USAF pilots train. They couldn't stand Obama's PC, gay loving, anti-American bullshit. I have yet to hear any of them comment on Trump.
I formed that opinion while meeting hundreds of people in the Air Force while I was in the Army. The retired people I know now cant stand drumpf and they think he is a POS.

If you're anything in person like you are here (racist/misogynist), I doubt you hung out with anybody other than barracks thieves and misfits.

Forum List

Back