CDZ Why didn't US government use "better flags" on the moon

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Many complains that the flags are all white now

Where No Flag Has Gone Before

I've heard that they don't think too much about the flag. They send secretary to buy some flags to put on the moon.

Okay, you spend billions of dollars to the moon and you don't put a nice flag there?

And why put a flag pole that's difficult to see from earth? Why not put a big flag that anyone with telescope (or without) can see? Why not spread the flag on the ground?

And why not use material that will stand the test of time? Are there such things?

th

Because the flag isn't supposed to touch the ground

*****SMILE*****

:)

I imagine without an atmosphere, our suns rays washed that thing clean in the first week or two. Put a colored shirt outside in the summer sun for a week and watch what happens.

Who was going to see it after the astronauts left??? I mean other than the regular callers to Coast To Coast A.M..

It was symbolic. Not meant to be a permanent monument.
Of course, many thought we would return.

Maybe in 500 years there will be a proper flag under a dome at the historical site.

We need to put a solar farm on the moon to power a huge neon American flag with no electric bill.

I've heard that they don't think too much about the flag. They send secretary to buy some flags to put on the moon.

Okay, you spend billions of dollars to the moon and you don't put a nice flag there?

And why put a flag pole that's difficult to see from earth? Why not put a big flag that anyone with telescope (or without) can see? Why not spread the flag on the ground?

And why not use material that will stand the test of time? Are there such things?

That does suck. Probably budgetary constraints or an oversight.

It was symbolic. Not meant to be a permanent monument.
Of course, many thought we would return.

Maybe in 500 years there will be a proper flag under a dome at the historical site.
You mean besides the glass domes that are already there?

The flag would be 'flying' perpendicular to the Moon's surface. You would not be able to see much even if it had not faded...assuming your telescope was even powerful enough to find it.
Have you ever tried to look at a flying flag on Google Earth? It's almost impossible to see it (unless you go to street view - which I am pretty sure is not available on the Moon).
It's practically irrelevant that the flag has faded.
We know it is there, we know who planted it - that is what matters.

Last edited:
Why don't we just shrink wrap the moon in a giant U.S. flag?

I thought they were made of steel and how does anyone know what they look like now? You can't even see the moon Landers from here

The flag would be 'flying' perpendicular to the Moon's surface. You would not be able to see much even if it had not faded...assuming your telescope was even powerful enough to find it.
Have you ever tried to look at a flying flag on Google Earth? It's almost impossible to see it (unless you go to street view - which I am pretty sure is not available on the Moon).
It's practically irrelevant that the flag has faded.
We know it is there, we know who planted it - that is what matters.

That's why the flag would be like a giant table lying on the ground.

Personally, I think the aliens living on the moon probably confiscated the flag as soon as Neil and Buzz left. Damn souvenir hounds.

It's as natural as the interstellar visitors that coincidentally slingshotted around the Sun,
Which is precisely what we would expect of an interstellar object moving slowly enough for us to ddetect.Dooyou understand what caused it to enter our system in the first place? The sun's gravity.

the speed up AND changed direction
A ridiculous lie you are likely not smart enough to have made up all by yourself.

Forum List

Back