Why did this crazy-assed, drunk white man with a gun get a pass?

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

If you had taken the time to actually watch the video, you would see that the officer who picked the gun up emptied cartridges out of it. It WAS loaded. That's the problem with stupid, ignorant people. They don't even take time to watch, listen or read before shooting off at the mouth.

:thup:
Typical idiot argument. Pick one small detail and harp on that.
The guy never really presented a threat. He really wasnt doing anything illegal anyway. He hadnt strongarmed a store owner. He hadnt acted aggressively. The cops didnt need to shoot him and it would have been a bad shoot.
You're digging yourself deeper and deeper on this one.

LOL. Your ignorance is fun to watch.

One exposes you for a lie - or just plain old ignorance, and then you write shit like that.

Delish.

Bullets being in the gun is a small detail?

As it ends up, the gun was not loaded, but that is also irrelevant in terms of how the police must respond. They are going to respond as if a gun is loaded, to be sure.

Correct, you ALWAYS assume the weapon is loaded. But again, that weapon was never a danger to anyone.

This crazy-assed, drunk white dude, jaywalking, confronted by cops, refuses to put down his gun. He was not carrying ID.

The cops talked patiently with him for 10 full minutes.

The crazy-assed, drunk white dude was talking about revolution. His name is Joseph Houseman. I wonder if his name is associated with a Tea Party chapter in Michigan...

This incident happened in Kalamazoo, Michigan in May 2014.

I wonder how patient the cops would have treated him had he not been white.

The man was never charged. Why was this man never charged? Why does a crazy-assed, drunken white senior man get a pass for breaking the law?

Hmmmmm.....

Had it been a black guy, he would be on a trip to 6 feet under....

No doubt.

How convenient that you ignore the link i gave to where an armed black man was taken into custody unharmed after a 6 hour standoff with police.

This crazy-assed, drunk white dude, jaywalking, confronted by cops, refuses to put down his gun. He was not carrying ID.

The crazy-assed, drunk white dude was talking about revolution. His name is Joseph Houseman. I wonder if his name is associated with a Tea Party chapter in Michigan...

The man was never charged. Why was this man never charged? Why does a crazy-assed, drunken white senior man get a pass for breaking the law?

Hmmmmm.....

No doubt.

How convenient that you ignore the link i gave to where an armed black man was taken into custody unharmed after a 6 hour standoff with police.

What post # was it?

Michael Brown was a danger to the public, committed 3 Felonies, & Jay-Walked. This white dude did nothing wrong, police were making false accusations & could not file charges.

Michael Brown Robbed a store, assaulted & intimidated the clerk, assaulted police officer & attempted to take his weapon. The law says police can shoot that Michael Brown Thug.

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

If you had taken the time to actually watch the video, you would see that the officer who picked the gun up emptied cartridges out of it. It WAS loaded. That's the problem with stupid, ignorant people. They don't even take time to watch, listen or read before shooting off at the mouth.

you're a damn liar. he took off the clip and checked to see if there was a round in the chamber. no cartridges came out you stupid liar.

your whole thread is bullshit. tell me, how did he get a pass?

He hasn't assumed room temperature.

Michael Brown was a danger to the public, committed 3 Felonies, & Jay-Walked. This white dude did nothing wrong, police were making false accusations & could not file charges.

Michael Brown Robbed a store, assaulted & intimidated the clerk, assaulted police officer & attempted to take his weapon. The law says shoot that thug.

Quote the law that says "shoot that thug".

Here is more information:

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings reports MLive.com

...Police considered but ultimately decided against seeking a misdemeanor charge of brandishing a firearm.

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”..

Gordon: Yes, you are being detained right now. You crossed the street illegally. Place the weapon down on the ground please.

Houseman: I will not.

Gordon radios that it appears the man will not drop his rifle.

Gordon: "Look, you crossed the street illegally; I just want to talk to you. I just want to talk to you. You're walking around here scaring people, man.

A second Public Safety vehicle arrives just after 4:11 p.m. About a minute later, Gordon asks Houseman for his name. Houseman says he is "Joe Schmoe."

"Based on training and experience I know that this is a euphemism used as an alias and knew it was not correct," Gordon would later write in his report.

Houseman: I am free to go?

Gordon: "No, you're not free to go. Right now you're committing a crime of resisting and obstructing (for failing to identify himself after being stopped for jaywalking). Now you've stepped up to a misdemeanor crime.

Houseman: Why don't you (expletive) shoot me?

Gordon: I don't want to shoot you; I'm not here to do that.

As the interaction continues, Houseman talks of a coming revolution, and calls police officers "gang members" with a "history of violence." While the audio is scattered -- Houseman was across the street from Gordon and it was a somewhat windy day -- Houseman can also be seen grabbing his genitals and making lewd gestures toward Gordon...

KDPS Lt. Stacey Geik takes over as commanding officer and directs officer Jon Schipper to be the "use of force applier ... if need be." Houseman still refuses to provide his name or identification to officers and can be heard directing numerous expletives toward them.

Houseman has his gun in the "parade-arms" position throughout the encounter, though he can be seen switching it from hand to hand, Giek later noted in his report. Houseman can be seen fumbling with the gun while reaching for chewing tobacco from a tin in his pocket.

Geik tells a dispatcher Houseman is "highly agitated" and "does not like police."

"He is exercising his open carry rights, however, he has certainly overextended them at this point," Geik says.

The lieutenant asks officer Peter Hoyt if this is the same open-carry advocate he has dealt with before. Hoyt says it is.

About two minutes later, Houseman agrees to sit on the ground and place his gun down. He allows Geik to approach him and take the carbine rifle, which Geik discovers to be empty of ammunition.

So, yes, Houseman was screaming about Revolution, yes, he has a problem with cops.

And apparently, the gun was not loaded. My mistake.

Nothing says he was drunk, or a Tea Party member either, care to apologize for that reckless speculation?

See the next posting from me. That is also covered. Thank you for playing.

Yep, it said possibly drunk, just more reckless speculation, and nothing about him being a Tea Party member. You don't play too well do ya, eat the shit sandwich you made for yourself and man up and admit that your wrong.

Nice try, no go. Thank you for playing.

Really hurts when one of your Tea Party brethren jumps the shark, what?!?!?
No evidence he was a member of the Tea Party. Open Carry activists are not necessarily Tea Party members. Looks like someone needs a lesson in logic, along with firearms, police tactics, self defense laws and a few other things.

Oh, I'm quite sure that at the end of the day, it will be noted that he was a Tea Party member.

Looks like the man who could use a real lesson in electoral statistics and, well, pretty much any kind of math, day or night, shouldn't live in a glass house.

But at least you're not telling people to go kill themselves anymore, so I assume that's an improvement, however marginal.

Now, back to the OP with some more information for the Rabbi's of the world who need some education:

Joseph Houseman Open Carry Advocate Gets His Rifle Back After Tense Police Standoff

When police responded to the scene, they found Houseman wearing what appeared to be pajama pants and carrying a rifle. When they tried to talk to him, Houseman gave the middle finger to the officers, grabbed his crotch and shouted about revolution, according to video of the incident obtained by the Kalamazoo Gazette and placed online at MLive.com.

A police officer repeatedly asked Houseman to put down his gun so they could talk, but he refused and accused the cop of "acting like a prick" and being in a gang.

At one point, when asked his name, Houseman identified himself as "Joe Schmoe."

After 40 minutes, Houseman put down his rifle, which was then confiscated by police. He also offered his real name and said he was sorry.

"I apologize. I have a bad attitude because we're losing our rights," he said.

When Houseman refused a breathalyzer test, officers decided not to give him his gun back. Instead, he was told to come to the police station and claim it the next day. He did, and his gun was returned.

Although the incident occurred in May, the video of the standoff was just obtained by the newspaper under the state's Freedom of Information Act.

Now, where have I heard this shtick about "we are losing our rights" before.

Hmmmm. Hmmmm.

Oh, here:

Ellis County Tea Party - Tea Party 101

Then the liberals went too far: They started taking away our rights and freedoms so quickly, that we woke up and realized that we HAD to get involved, or we would not be free enough to do anything about it in the future.

Or here:

Our government is taking up arms against its own citizens - Tea Party News

This is the stuff of dictatorships not a Constitutional Republic. I wrote a couple of articles last month that address the problem of politicians and their handlers who deny the rights of We the People.

Or here:

Personal Freedom Tea Party Patriots

We recognize the government is slowly taking away basic freedoms we each deserve.

Hmmmm.... hmmmm....
What an asshole. Seriously.
So he makes a statement that members of the Tea Party, and the ACLU probably, have also made so that means he's a member of the TP? Does this follow along with him being drunk, with him having a loaded rifle, with him brandishing the gun or any of the other lies you've told outrageously in this thread?
You're a fucking piece of work. The only redeeming value is you're a goy.

Hmmmmm.....

No doubt.

What post # was it?

Why did this crazy-assed drunk white man with a gun get a pass Page 6 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Hmmmmm.....

well you racist fucking low life

he didn't jaywalk and has the right to carry.

but a bunch of leftist pussies like you, got scared of the old man in pj's and called the cops.

How does it feel to be this fucking dumb?
How does it feel to be scared of the fact that people own guns?

Tsk, tsk, another RWNJ with anger problems in USMB.

He was jaywalking and he didn't have his ID with him, which is in violation of Michigan law.

No he did not jay walk

you are lying, you know you are lying and just wanted, so bad, for the man to be killed.

you are so full of hate that you need more blood to be satisfied.

Well, Rabid is the definition of stupid, ignorant people. A white man with a gun threatoning to kill people is just someone having a bad day. But a black teenager jaywalking is a threat to society and should be gunned down.
he didn't threaten to kill people you lying fuck
A drunk guy with a gun in the middle of the street doesn't present a reasonable threat?

Really?
no proof he was drunk
the gun stayed on his shoulder until he put it down
HE WAS ON THE CURB THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME.

so no, but that doesn't fit your need for a white gun owner getting killed, does it.

Typical idiot argument. Pick one small detail and harp on that.
The guy never really presented a threat. He really wasnt doing anything illegal anyway. He hadnt strongarmed a store owner. He hadnt acted aggressively. The cops didnt need to shoot him and it would have been a bad shoot.
You're digging yourself deeper and deeper on this one.

LOL. Your ignorance is fun to watch.

One exposes you for a lie - or just plain old ignorance, and then you write shit like that.

Delish.

Bullets being in the gun is a small detail?
But they werent . The gun wasnt loaded at all. Ergo he didnt present a threat. Now, cops didnt know that at the time. BUt Statistheilhitler swore the gun was loaded. Even called me a liar because I doubted it. Now we know the truth.

Here is more information:

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings reports MLive.com

...Police considered but ultimately decided against seeking a misdemeanor charge of brandishing a firearm.

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”..

Gordon: Yes, you are being detained right now. You crossed the street illegally. Place the weapon down on the ground please.

Houseman: I will not.

Gordon radios that it appears the man will not drop his rifle.

Gordon: "Look, you crossed the street illegally; I just want to talk to you. I just want to talk to you. You're walking around here scaring people, man.

A second Public Safety vehicle arrives just after 4:11 p.m. About a minute later, Gordon asks Houseman for his name. Houseman says he is "Joe Schmoe."

"Based on training and experience I know that this is a euphemism used as an alias and knew it was not correct," Gordon would later write in his report.

Houseman: I am free to go?

Gordon: "No, you're not free to go. Right now you're committing a crime of resisting and obstructing (for failing to identify himself after being stopped for jaywalking). Now you've stepped up to a misdemeanor crime.

Houseman: Why don't you (expletive) shoot me?

Gordon: I don't want to shoot you; I'm not here to do that.

As the interaction continues, Houseman talks of a coming revolution, and calls police officers "gang members" with a "history of violence." While the audio is scattered -- Houseman was across the street from Gordon and it was a somewhat windy day -- Houseman can also be seen grabbing his genitals and making lewd gestures toward Gordon...

KDPS Lt. Stacey Geik takes over as commanding officer and directs officer Jon Schipper to be the "use of force applier ... if need be." Houseman still refuses to provide his name or identification to officers and can be heard directing numerous expletives toward them.

Houseman has his gun in the "parade-arms" position throughout the encounter, though he can be seen switching it from hand to hand, Giek later noted in his report. Houseman can be seen fumbling with the gun while reaching for chewing tobacco from a tin in his pocket.

Geik tells a dispatcher Houseman is "highly agitated" and "does not like police."

"He is exercising his open carry rights, however, he has certainly overextended them at this point," Geik says.

The lieutenant asks officer Peter Hoyt if this is the same open-carry advocate he has dealt with before. Hoyt says it is.

About two minutes later, Houseman agrees to sit on the ground and place his gun down. He allows Geik to approach him and take the carbine rifle, which Geik discovers to be empty of ammunition.

So, yes, Houseman was screaming about Revolution, yes, he has a problem with cops.

And apparently, the gun was not loaded. My mistake.

Nothing says he was drunk, or a Tea Party member either, care to apologize for that reckless speculation?

See the next posting from me. That is also covered. Thank you for playing.

Yep, it said possibly drunk, just more reckless speculation, and nothing about him being a Tea Party member. You don't play too well do ya, eat the shit sandwich you made for yourself and man up and admit that your wrong.

Nice try, no go. Thank you for playing.

Really hurts when one of your Tea Party brethren jumps the shark, what?!?!?

Surrender noted, FLAKE!

Righties always have to "win" something. Funny, that.
It's easy with an ignorant loser like you. Youv'e been thoroughly disgraced. Eveyrhting you wrote about this is a lie. We've exposed all of it.
Sorry it didnt fit your narrative of "Police give white guys a chance but kill black guys" Try trolling later.

Hmmmmm.....

but a bunch of leftist pussies like you, got scared of the old man in pj's and called the cops.

He was jaywalking and he didn't have his ID with him, which is in violation of Michigan law.

No he did not jay walk

you are lying, you know you are lying and just wanted, so bad, for the man to be killed.

Let's be fair to the ignoramus, the cop in the video said the guy crossed the street in front of him. So far that's about the only thing the dickhead got right.

Hmmmmm.....

If the big black man had aimed the weapon at anyone, probably so.

Look here, took me LESS than 2 minutes to find this

Gunman Surrenders After SWAT Standoff High-Speed Pursuit Manhunt NBC Southern California

Armed black man taken into custody ALIVE after a stand off

Jesys

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay...ask yourself why the cops didn't gun him down.

I'm compelled to call the cases listed in the OP and the one you highlighted equal in one sense of the word.

The cameras were on.

When cameras are on, everyone acts more in accordance of the official policies of their entity. Did you see the Little League World Series last month? Do you think that every coach talks to his players the way THOSE coaches who were miked-up and on camera do? When the manager is around, the sales clerks are much more polite than they are otherwise. When the principal is evaluating teachers in the back of the class, the teachers are much more formal.

Light is the best disinfectant.

Guarantee you that if the camera was on the gentleman shot in St. Louis this past month, he would still be alive.

Hmmmmm.....

No he did not jay walk

Let's be fair to the ignoramus, the cop in the video said the guy crossed the street in front of him. So far that's about the only thing the dickhead got right.

uh, no, the cop lied about the jay walking so that he could lie to the man about what he could charge him with

Michael Brown Robbed a store, assaulted & intimidated the clerk, assaulted police officer & attempted to take his weapon. The law says shoot that thug.

Quote the law that says "shoot that thug".

Missouri 563.046 Law enforcement officer's use of force in making an arrest.

1. A law enforcement officer need not retreat or desist from efforts to effect the arrest, or from efforts to prevent the escape from custody, of a person he reasonably believes to have committed an offense because of resistance or threatened resistance of the arrestee. In addition to the use of physical force authorized under other sections of this chapter, he is, subject to the provisions of subsections 2 and 3, justified in the use of such physical force as he reasonably believes is immediately necessary to effect the arrest or to prevent the escape from custody.

2. The use of any physical force in making an arrest is not justified under this section unless the arrest is lawful or the law enforcement officer reasonably believes the arrest is lawful.

3. A law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest or in preventing an escape from custody is justified in using deadly force only

(1) When such is authorized under other sections of this chapter; or

(2) When he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested

(a) Has committed or attempted to commit a felony; or

[Robbery, assaulting a police officer, and going for their weapon are all felonies]

(b) Is attempting to escape by use of a deadly weapon; or

(c) May otherwise endanger life or inflict serious physical injury unless arrested without delay.

4. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of justification under this section.

Last edited:

Hmmmmm.....

If the big black man had aimed the weapon at anyone, probably so.

Look here, took me LESS than 2 minutes to find this

Gunman Surrenders After SWAT Standoff High-Speed Pursuit Manhunt NBC Southern California

Armed black man taken into custody ALIVE after a stand off

Jesys

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay...ask yourself why the cops didn't gun him down.

I'm compelled to call the cases listed in the OP and the one you highlighted equal in one sense of the word.

The cameras were on.

When cameras are on, everyone acts more in accordance of the official policies of their entity. Did you see the Little League World Series last month? Do you think that every coach talks to his players the way THOSE coaches who were miked-up and on camera do? When the manager is around, the sales clerks are much more polite than they are otherwise. When the principal is evaluating teachers in the back of the class, the teachers are much more formal.

Light is the best disinfectant.

Guarantee you that if the camera was on the gentleman shot in St. Louis this past month, he would still be alive.

And I guarantee that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

How many arrests have you made in your life? I've made thousands ( Military Police) and one thing I can tell you is that they all go down different and they are each unique, and each officer must handle them in the way he sees best.

The Brown situation went down in FOUR minutes. That cop didn't have time to think "oh no cameras, I'm gonna kill this nigga" I mean come on....

Forum List

Back