Why did this crazy-assed, drunk white man with a gun get a pass?

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

If you had taken the time to actually watch the video, you would see that the officer who picked the gun up emptied cartridges out of it. It WAS loaded. That's the problem with stupid, ignorant people. They don't even take time to watch, listen or read before shooting off at the mouth.

:thup:
Its rabbi....you should know better than to bother.

its scat....you should have known better than to trust him....he LIED

watch the video
Working...cant.

not sure what the issue is on your end, but i could watch the video. there are no cartridges being expelled from the gun. statis lied.

Yes, cartridges are being expelled. You can hear them hit the ground.

liar

No, you are the liar. and A fucking troll-deluxe.

Now, back to the OP, here is the video once again:

The cop empties the gun starting at 9:34 into the video. Between 9:36-9:37, you see that the cartridge-pack, aka, clip, has been removed and is falling to the ground. He pumps the gun, now with the cartridge out, at 9:39-9:40, just to check for stray bullets. He picks up that cartridge at 9:42.

I wonder if the police even did their job enough to write a police report about this...

Yurt is a stupid troll.

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

If you had taken the time to actually watch the video, you would see that the officer who picked the gun up emptied cartridges out of it. It WAS loaded. That's the problem with stupid, ignorant people. They don't even take time to watch, listen or read before shooting off at the mouth.

watch the video
Working...cant.

not sure what the issue is on your end, but i could watch the video. there are no cartridges being expelled from the gun. statis lied.
Its called supervisor walks in and sees me watching a video...:)

The cops did their job properly and people are upset with them they screw up and people are upset with them there is just no fucking pleasing some people.

Well, actually, no, they didn't do their job properly, because they didn't press charges on at least two counts:

Jaywalking
Open carry without identification

I mean, if that's what they stopped the old dude for, why did they not bring their job to completion?
How do you know what charges were pressed? I note you gave no link to support that claim did you consider that maybe those charges were pressed and the D.A. choose not to pursue them? I also notice you wondered if the man was a Tea Party member would you wonder about the political leanings of a non white in the same situation? Somehow I doubt that would matter to you then it would be helpful to have a link for what happened after what we saw on the video to find exactly what charges were or were not pressed why and the background of the man instead of useless speculation.

The cops did their job properly and people are upset with them they screw up and people are upset with them there is just no fucking pleasing some people.

Well, actually, no, they didn't do their job properly, because they didn't press charges on at least two counts:

Jaywalking

I mean, if that's what they stopped the old dude for, why did they not bring their job to completion?
How do you know what charges were pressed? I note you gave no link to support that claim did you consider that maybe those charges were pressed and the D.A. choose not to pursue them? I also notice you wondered if the man was a Tea Party member would you wonder about the political leanings of a non white in the same situation? Somehow I doubt that would matter to you then it would be helpful to have a link for what happened after what we saw on the video to find exactly what charges were or were not pressed why and the background of the man instead of useless speculation.
Statistheilhitler makes up shit as he goes. So the gun was loaded. The guy was a Tea Party member. The guy was guilty of heinous crimes like jaywalking (did anyone see him cross the street?) I dont know what the law is in that state but generally you dont have to produce ID papers just for being on the street. I suspect the officers were BSing him to get him to calm down and put the gun away.

Jaywalking

Statistheilhitler makes up shit as he goes. So the gun was loaded. The guy was a Tea Party member. The guy was guilty of heinous crimes like jaywalking (did anyone see him cross the street?) I dont know what the law is in that state but generally you dont have to produce ID papers just for being on the street. I suspect the officers were BSing him to get him to calm down and put the gun away.

Like I said, it would be VERY interesting to see the police report, if they even took time to make one.

Jaywalking

The man was screaming "revolution". You put 2 and 2 together.

Jaywalking

Like I said, it would be VERY interesting to see the police report, if they even took time to make one.

^ statistalker ADMITS he LIED ^

he has to wait to see the police report

what a fucking loser

watch the video
Working...cant.

Its called supervisor walks in and sees me watching a video...:)

:drills::drills:

Jaywalking

what a fucking loser

No, I didn't. You have lots of fantasies. Poor Yurt.

Jaywalking

what a fucking loser

tell me then....how did you "hear" the cartridges hitting the ground, when there was NO SOUND when the officer approached the man and he only took out the clip, which hit grass, and then checked the chamber, and i never saw a round come out of the chamber, let alone, "HEAR" it hit the ground.

do explain.

Jaywalking

what a fucking loser

Race didn't have anything to do with anything, but you made it about that.... Al Sharpton would be proud....What a pathetic disappointment you are

Last edited:

Jaywalking

You're a moron. Police do not press charges. DAs press charges. Perhaps they figured charging an old man who presented no threat but was just off his meds would be a waste of taxpayer money. I dont know.

Here is more information:

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings reports MLive.com

...Police considered but ultimately decided against seeking a misdemeanor charge of brandishing a firearm.

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”..

Gordon: Yes, you are being detained right now. You crossed the street illegally. Place the weapon down on the ground please.

Houseman: I will not.

Gordon radios that it appears the man will not drop his rifle.

Gordon: "Look, you crossed the street illegally; I just want to talk to you. I just want to talk to you. You're walking around here scaring people, man.

A second Public Safety vehicle arrives just after 4:11 p.m. About a minute later, Gordon asks Houseman for his name. Houseman says he is "Joe Schmoe."

"Based on training and experience I know that this is a euphemism used as an alias and knew it was not correct," Gordon would later write in his report.

Houseman: I am free to go?

Gordon: "No, you're not free to go. Right now you're committing a crime of resisting and obstructing (for failing to identify himself after being stopped for jaywalking). Now you've stepped up to a misdemeanor crime.

Houseman: Why don't you (expletive) shoot me?

Gordon: I don't want to shoot you; I'm not here to do that.

As the interaction continues, Houseman talks of a coming revolution, and calls police officers "gang members" with a "history of violence." While the audio is scattered -- Houseman was across the street from Gordon and it was a somewhat windy day -- Houseman can also be seen grabbing his genitals and making lewd gestures toward Gordon...

KDPS Lt. Stacey Geik takes over as commanding officer and directs officer Jon Schipper to be the "use of force applier ... if need be." Houseman still refuses to provide his name or identification to officers and can be heard directing numerous expletives toward them.

Houseman has his gun in the "parade-arms" position throughout the encounter, though he can be seen switching it from hand to hand, Giek later noted in his report. Houseman can be seen fumbling with the gun while reaching for chewing tobacco from a tin in his pocket.

Geik tells a dispatcher Houseman is "highly agitated" and "does not like police."

"He is exercising his open carry rights, however, he has certainly overextended them at this point," Geik says.

The lieutenant asks officer Peter Hoyt if this is the same open-carry advocate he has dealt with before. Hoyt says it is.

About two minutes later, Houseman agrees to sit on the ground and place his gun down. He allows Geik to approach him and take the carbine rifle, which Geik discovers to be empty of ammunition.

So, yes, Houseman was screaming about Revolution, yes, he has a problem with cops.

And apparently, the gun was not loaded. My mistake.

Jaywalking

what a fucking loser

Race didn't have anything to do with anything, but you made it about that.... Al Sharpton would be proud....What a pathetic disappointment you are

Tsk, tsk, all upset and nowhere to go, what?!?!?

And still more information:

Open carry gun advocate who drew Kalamazoo police response won t face brandishing charge MLive.com

When police approached the man with their weapons drawn, he began shouting obscenities at them before he eventually agreed to set his weapon down. Officers seized his rifle and told the man he would have it returned if he submitted to a breathalyzer test, but he declined. Police took his gun, which was returned to him the following day.

Webster said there were several reasons the brandishing charge wasn't submitted to the prosecutor.

"After reviewing the report, the detectives felt the officer was right in taking the gun for safe keeping for that time because of the response they got back from the gentlemen who was walking down the street actually carrying the gun and moving it from shoulder to shoulder, but it wasn't enough to present to the prosecutor's office," Webster said.

The assistant chief said that while it can be difficult to determine when a person is brandishing a weapon, which is not defined by a state statute, officers typically look for signs that a firearm is being waved, pointed, or displayed in a threatening manner. He stressed that it is much easier to determine an open carry advocate isn't brandishing a weapon when it's holstered or on a sling.

Webster said that while police haven't had to deal with many open carry situations in Kalamazoo, officers are trained on how to respond peacefully to demonstrators. He said this particular situation could have gone more smoothly if the man hadn't displayed hostility towards officers.

"I think the reason why in the first place that the weapon was even removed from the man is because of the guy's behavior," he said.

Webster said officers were correct to first approach the man with their weapons drawn, since that is how they would approach "any potentially deadly situation."

"With all the information they were getting; the guy was possibly drunk, the behavior when the officer tried to make contact with the individual, the shoulder moving of the gun, not having it in a sling ... that person has the immediate opportunity to fire that weapon from that position when he has a gun in his hand," ...

Jaywalking

what a fucking loser

Tsk, tsk, all upset and nowhere to go, what?!?!?

Al Sharpton tactics, you must be proud ..."Tikkun Olam" my ass... You're a joke....You foment hatred..you fucking idiot:mad:

watch the video
Working...cant.

liar

The cop empties the gun starting at 9:34 into the video. Between 9:36-9:37, you see that the cartridge-pack, aka, clip, has been removed and is falling to the ground. He pumps the gun, now with the cartridge out, at 9:39-9:40, just to check for stray bullets. He picks up that cartridge at 9:42.

I wonder if the police even did their job enough to write a police report about this...

Yurt is a stupid troll.

Yurt is right. You're an idiot.
For starters he dropped "cartridge pack" (seriously??) on the grass. What was anyone supposed to hear? There was no sound at all. So you lied when you wrote you could hear the rounds hit the ground.
Second, he drops the mag on the ground and clears the chamber. I saw no cartridge eject from it. Iwatched the video about 5 times blowing it up to large size. No cartridge visible. Finally the cop puts the magazine back in the gun. He's just taken it from someone who might be dangerous. Why does he put a loaded magazine back? That would be against procedure. If it were loaded he would have stashed it in his pocket.
Your ignorance of guns, laws, and self defense has made you a risible spectacle on this thread.

Tense encounter between open-carry advocate and Kalamazoo police detailed in recordings reports MLive.com

...Police considered but ultimately decided against seeking a misdemeanor charge of brandishing a firearm.

It is legal to openly carry a gun in Michigan but illegal to brandish one, which KDPS Assistant Chief Donald Webster described as essentially “waving or displaying the firearm in a threatening manner.”..

Gordon: Yes, you are being detained right now. You crossed the street illegally. Place the weapon down on the ground please.

Gordon: "Look, you crossed the street illegally; I just want to talk to you. I just want to talk to you. You're walking around here scaring people, man.

A second Public Safety vehicle arrives just after 4:11 p.m. About a minute later, Gordon asks Houseman for his name. Houseman says he is "Joe Schmoe."

"Based on training and experience I know that this is a euphemism used as an alias and knew it was not correct," Gordon would later write in his report.

Gordon: "No, you're not free to go. Right now you're committing a crime of resisting and obstructing (for failing to identify himself after being stopped for jaywalking). Now you've stepped up to a misdemeanor crime.

As the interaction continues, Houseman talks of a coming revolution, and calls police officers "gang members" with a "history of violence." While the audio is scattered -- Houseman was across the street from Gordon and it was a somewhat windy day -- Houseman can also be seen grabbing his genitals and making lewd gestures toward Gordon...

KDPS Lt. Stacey Geik takes over as commanding officer and directs officer Jon Schipper to be the "use of force applier ... if need be." Houseman still refuses to provide his name or identification to officers and can be heard directing numerous expletives toward them.

Houseman has his gun in the "parade-arms" position throughout the encounter, though he can be seen switching it from hand to hand, Giek later noted in his report. Houseman can be seen fumbling with the gun while reaching for chewing tobacco from a tin in his pocket.

Geik tells a dispatcher Houseman is "highly agitated" and "does not like police."

"He is exercising his open carry rights, however, he has certainly overextended them at this point," Geik says.

The lieutenant asks officer Peter Hoyt if this is the same open-carry advocate he has dealt with before. Hoyt says it is.

About two minutes later, Houseman agrees to sit on the ground and place his gun down. He allows Geik to approach him and take the carbine rifle, which Geik discovers to be empty of ammunition.

So, yes, Houseman was screaming about Revolution, yes, he has a problem with cops.

Nothing says he was drunk, or a Tea Party member either, care to apologize for that reckless speculation?

Nothing says he was drunk, or a Tea Party member either, care to apologize for that reckless speculation?

See the next posting from me. That is also covered. Thank you for playing.

watch the video
Working...cant.

liar

Yurt is a stupid troll.

Yurt is right. You're an idiot.
For starters he dropped "cartridge pack" (seriously??) on the grass. What was anyone supposed to hear? There was no sound at all. So you lied when you wrote you could hear the rounds hit the ground.
Second, he drops the mag on the ground and clears the chamber. I saw no cartridge eject from it. Iwatched the video about 5 times blowing it up to large size. No cartridge visible. Finally the cop puts the magazine back in the gun. He's just taken it from someone who might be dangerous. Why does he put a loaded magazine back? That would be against procedure. If it were loaded he would have stashed it in his pocket.
Your ignorance of guns, laws, and self defense has made you a risible spectacle on this thread.

Because his intent was to slander and push his racial bias liberal agenda

Forum List

Back