Why did Obama lie in October that Russia didn't hack the election when he knew in August they did?

...could it be that he thought Hillary was going to win, so he didn't want the election questioned?

Seems unethical at best.

He told Trump to "stop whining".

Why didn't he give Hillary the same advice?

They hacked the DNC and Podesta, not the election, your saying they did is just playing into the regressive narrative.

...could it be that he thought Hillary was going to win, so he didn't want the election questioned?

Seems unethical at best.

What lie?
So you agree that Russia could not alter the vote? Thanks for admitting it.

What lie did Obama tell in October?

As far as what you said - Russia did not directly alter any votes, and I never claimed they did.

Whether or not what the Russians did had an affect on the election is an unknown - there is no way to measure whether or not what they did had an affect - it might have, it might not have. It's water under the bridge.

Obama is a professional politician who is firmly in the permanent political class. He is going to do or say what is expedient at the time as he sees it, and it doesn't much matter whether he means it or not. If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Who can forget?

When it was assumed by most on the left, most especially the media, that Hillary's presidency was to be a coronation--a done deal--Obama certainly didn't want to create any doubt about that in anybody's mind that a fair and honest election didn't bring that about..

But the polls were wrong. The media was wrong. The leftist prognosticators were wrong. We have a President Trump now.

So of course it was rigged. (cough)
200.webp

Every word out of his mouth in his October 2016 speech was a lie, and he knew he was lying because he was told about Russia trying to hack the election in August.

Why didn't Obama do something about it when he found out in August?

He thought Hillary would win the election and it would all go away.

He ignored Russia trying to hack the election and lied to the American public about it to help out Hillary...who already had her deal on place with Loretta Lynch not to prosecute Hillary.

Fucking corrupt scumbags who should all be on trial for treason.

He asked the republicans nicely if they would please issue a bipartisan statement with him.

They refused.

He puss'd out and did very little until after the damn broke, then it was too late. and the plan to re-distribute America's wealth was put in reverse.

Seems unethical at best.

What lie?

As far as what you said - Russia did not directly alter any votes, and I never claimed they did.

Whether or not what the Russians did had an affect on the election is an unknown - there is no way to measure whether or not what they did had an affect - it might have, it might not have. It's water under the bridge.

Both the FBI and CIA top people agree that any Russian meddling in the U.S. election had pretty much zero effect. There is certainly no evidence of any kind that Russia affected a single vote. And there is zero evidence that there was any collusion between Trump and his team and the Russians.

There was certainly more reason for the Russians to help; Hillary, however, than there was for them to help Trump.

• Hillary Clinton seen as honest and trustworthy by just 38 per cent of Americans, new poll shows
  • New headaches include revelations about foreign funds flowing into the Clintons' family foundation while she was secretary of state
  • $2.35 million came from family foundation of company chairman involved in selling Canadian uranium company to Russian state-owned firm
  • Hillary helped approve that $610 million sale in 2010, which gave Vladimir Putin-linked company control over one-fifth of America's uranium
  • Bill Clinton received $26 million in speaking fees from foundation donors, including $500,000 from an investment bank tied to Putin and the Kremlin
Read more: Hillary under siege as new details emerge about foundation donors | Daily Mail Online

If that was candidate Trump, the media would have been screaming for his head. Oh wait, they did that anyway.

But since it involved Hillary, coverage was quick and cursory and then immediately move on if it was covered at all.

The issue is not that Obama lied about it. But as I previously posted, in August he was blasting candidate Trump for saying that the election process couldn't be rigged even though he knew of Russian meddling at that time. And then in October, when the Russian rhetoric was heating up, he was joining the chorus that Trump benefited from Russian meddling?

You don't think that a bit disingenuous?

Seems unethical at best.

What lie?

Both the FBI and CIA top people agree that any Russian meddling in the U.S. election had pretty much zero effect.

Not true.

“We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election. The US Intelligence Community is charged with monitoring and assessing the intentions, capabilities, and actions of foreign actors; it does not analyze US political processes or US public opinion.”

The 11 most important lines from the new intelligence report on Russia’s hacking

Seems unethical at best.

I dont know what to think about this news. I would assume that he thought this would be a Democratic win and no reason to bother. But thats why he was President..it was his job to bother. I like him, but this was disappointing because this is a mess.

Seems unethical at best.

What lie?

Both the FBI and CIA top people agree that any Russian meddling in the U.S. election had pretty much zero effect. There is certainly no evidence of any kind that Russia affected a single vote. And there is zero evidence that there was any collusion between Trump and his team and the Russians.

There was certainly more reason for the Russians to help; Hillary, however, than there was for them to help Trump.

• Hillary Clinton seen as honest and trustworthy by just 38 per cent of Americans, new poll shows
  • New headaches include revelations about foreign funds flowing into the Clintons' family foundation while she was secretary of state
  • $2.35 million came from family foundation of company chairman involved in selling Canadian uranium company to Russian state-owned firm
  • Hillary helped approve that $610 million sale in 2010, which gave Vladimir Putin-linked company control over one-fifth of America's uranium
  • Bill Clinton received $26 million in speaking fees from foundation donors, including $500,000 from an investment bank tied to Putin and the Kremlin
Read more: Hillary under siege as new details emerge about foundation donors | Daily Mail Online

If that was candidate Trump, the media would have been screaming for his head. Oh wait, they did that anyway.

But since it involved Hillary, coverage was quick and cursory and then immediately move on if it was covered at all.

The issue is not that Obama lied about it. But as I previously posted, in August he was blasting candidate Trump for saying that the election process couldn't be rigged even though he knew of Russian meddling at that time. And then in October, when the Russian rhetoric was heating up, he was joining the chorus that Trump benefited from Russian meddling?

You don't think that a bit disingenuous?

I don't entirely agree because there is NO WAY to measure what effect if any - the Russian hacking, fake news and wikileaks material had on the election. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the intelligence agencies addressed that aspect.Those same intelligence agencies have also said that the Russians were attempting to swimg the election in Trumps favor - not Clinton's favor, and there is a much more compelling reason to do so: lifting the sancti0ns.

Those sanctions are causing a lot of pain for Russia and there was no way Clinton was going to lift them.

As far as collusion - there is no evidence thus far of collusion between Trump and the Russians. It is not that clear however whether or not there is with his campaign staff and Russia, that is all under investigation and it would be premature to make claims one way or the other don't you think?

Obama was correct in stating the election couldn't be rigged and, there was no evidence of Russians rigging it - the term repeatedly used was "influencing" and "meddling" so how did Obama lie? I don't think it's disingenuous.

Seems unethical at best.

I dont know what to think about this news. I would assume that he thought this would be a Democratic win and no reason to bother. But thats why he was President..it was his job to bother. I like him, but this was disappointing because this is a mess.

I think he didn't because he did not want to be accused of trying to influence the election.

Consider the environment - Trump claiming it was rigged (but only if he lost) - a very contentious election with polarizing candidates who were not very popular. I guarantee if he had questioned it he would be accused of rigging by the right.

September 2016: U.S. investigating potential covert Russian plan to disrupt presidential election

U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies are probing what they see as a broad covert Russian operation in the United States to sow public distrust in the upcoming presidential election and in U.S. political institutions, intelligence and congressional officials said.

The aim is to understand the scope and intent of the Russian campaign, which incorporates cyber-tools to hack systems used in the political process, enhancing Russia's ability to spread disinformation.

Officials are also examining potential disruptions to the election process, and the FBI has alerted state and local officials to potential cyberthreats.

It "seems to be a global campaign," the aide said. As a result, the issue has "moved up as a priority" for the intelligence agencies, which include the FBI and Department of Homeland Security as well as the CIA and the National Security Agency.

Some congressional leaders briefed recently by the intelligence agencies on Russian influence operations in Europe, and how they may serve as a template for activities here, have been disturbed by what they heard.

The Department of Homeland Security has offered local and state election officials help to prevent or deal with Election Day cyber-disruptions, including vulnerability scans, regular actionable information and alerts, and access to other tools for improving cybersecurity at the local level. It will also have a cyber-team ready at the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center to alert jurisdictions if attacks are detected.

So much for the totally bullshit meme "Obama did nothing".

Why did Obama lie in October that Russia didn't hack the election

Try again, loser.

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security | Homeland Security

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

Some states have also recently seen scanning and probing of their election-related systems, which in most cases originated from servers operated by a Russian company. However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government. The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.

Nevertheless, DHS continues to urge state and local election officials to be vigilant and seek cybersecurity assistance from DHS. A number of states have already done so. DHS is providing several services to state and local election officials to assist in their cybersecurity. These services include cyber “hygiene” scans of Internet-facing systems, risk and vulnerability assessments, information sharing about cyber incidents, and best practices for securing voter registration databases and addressing potential cyber threats. DHS has convened an Election Infrastructure Cybersecurity Working Group with experts across all levels of government to raise awareness of cybersecurity risks potentially affecting election infrastructure and the elections process. Secretary Johnson and DHS officials are working directly with the National Association of Secretaries of State to offer assistance, share information, and provide additional resources to state and local officials.

Last edited:
I want to know why Obama didn't force the intelligence agencies to examine the DNC server. Why did the government allow a DNC employee to tell America it was the Russians?

It has caused a major international incident, mega hours spent on investigations and STILL no freaking government agency has examined the server.

Seems unethical at best.

I think he didn't because he did not want to be accused of trying to influence the election.

Consider the environment - Trump claiming it was rigged (but only if he lost) - a very contentious election with polarizing candidates who were not very popular. I guarantee if he had questioned it he would be accused of rigging by the right.

Admin did it because they believed their retaliation against Russia would open up a can of warms and was not going to help Clinton win (leaks already happened). It would make it seem like Administration was injecting itself into election while the intel was still "raw" and unrefined/collaborated by the agencies.

Why did Obama lie in October that Russia didn't hack the election

Try again, loser.

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security | Homeland Security

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

Some states have also recently seen scanning and probing of their election-related systems, which in most cases originated from servers operated by a Russian company. However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government. The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.

Nevertheless, DHS continues to urge state and local election officials to be vigilant and seek cybersecurity assistance from DHS. A number of states have already done so. DHS is providing several services to state and local election officials to assist in their cybersecurity. These services include cyber “hygiene” scans of Internet-facing systems, risk and vulnerability assessments, information sharing about cyber incidents, and best practices for securing voter registration databases and addressing potential cyber threats. DHS has convened an Election Infrastructure Cybersecurity Working Group with experts across all levels of government to raise awareness of cybersecurity risks potentially affecting election infrastructure and the elections process. Secretary Johnson and DHS officials are working directly with the National Association of Secretaries of State to offer assistance, share information, and provide additional resources to state and local officials.

these RW motherfuckers are like shooting fish in a barrel, except fish are smarter.

Seems unethical at best.

Racist. There is no other reason you would say such a thing. Trump evil.

I want to know why Obama didn't force the intelligence agencies to examine the DNC server. Why did the government allow a DNC employee to tell America it was the Russians?

It has caused a major international incident, mega hours spent on investigations and STILL no freaking government agency has examined the server.

Only because you are running out of bullshit straws to grasp at.

FBI is very clear about it's findings, I don't know wtf don't you understand or why you would refuse their high confidence assessments.

Last edited:

Seems unethical at best.

EXACTLY!

Forum List

Back