Why Dick and Liz Cheney Hate Trump so Much

I think the dude he shot in the face would disagree with that premise. :laughing0301:

Also the millions of brown people the mother fucker murdered 'over the horizon' would probably disagree as well....
And yet you fuckers vehemently defended him when he short that guy in the face

There is no “hate the rich” polemic here. But I’m proudly blue-collar working class and smart enough not to be fooled by Trump. The modest home and car and savings I own come from money I myself earned through my own labor. I pay my taxes and pay my way. I’m quite content NOT to have been born with a silver spoon. I’m no politician nor party partisan polical hack, either. I didn’t vote for Hillary. Trump being Trump, if he runs again I will certainly vote for his opponent — who I sure as hell hope won’t be Biden in 2024!

I don’t hate wealth — there are good and bad rich people. But I sure as hell don’t suck up to the blood-sucking capitalists who make a habit of using other people’s wealth to make themselves rich and destroy our country’s industry too. Nor do I support Hedge Fund finance capitalists bribing politicians to pass laws that leave them paying lower tax rates than I myself pay! Republicans supported the Citizen’s United decision and oppose all attempts to reign in our corporate, banking and Private Capital oligarchy. They once again saved (with the help of the vote of one Democratic Senator) the infamous “carried interest tax loophole” that Trump once promised to get rid of, but which he subsequently kept in his 2017 tax giveaway bill for corporations and the super rich.

What are you? A deluded worker who thinks Trump is your buddy? An ex-“conservative” Republican who used to support Bush and the elder Cheney? — but now won’t admit it? Are you “middle class”? A “professional”? Are you yourself “rich”? I ask only because I have been honest in telling you who I am and what I believe. You also wrongfully assume that I somehow automatically “hate the rich.” Why is that? Do you support the billionaire oligarchy?

Mostly, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, the billionaire class fights for their own interests. This makes them play Americans off against each other expertly, the better to run the country and dominate both parties!
Awfully angry when discussing who and what you don’t hate.

And here I thought it was just because Trump is a self serving anti American elitist ass.
That's what the Cheney's are. Did you read the OP's link? Glen Greenwald lays it out pretty well.

This “discussion” to me reveals that Trump’s appeal is strongest today among those who still buy into his “man of the people” image. But the rest of us see Trump as a born rich, now old and very dangerous lunatic whose few remaining loyal friends (like Roger Stone) are simply grifters and con artists. Of course millions of ordinary Americans think Trump is their friend, and “love” Trump as much as they “hate” those they have been taught to call “Demoncrats” and “RINOs.”

There is plenty to despise about the very Conservative warmongering Cheney family, whose dark “patriotism” to U.S. power and empire abroad was once warmly embraced by most Republicans. The Democrats have done their worst to make themselves an easy target for white rightwing populists by embracing “identity politics,” while the U.S. “working class” has lost its former power and status in society. Today money rules and corrupts almost everybody and every institution.

But supporting a dangerous conman like Trump because somebody you hate “hates” him … is like “cutting your nose off to spite your face.”
This thread has been another vivid example of how they protect their cult leader by making him the victim.

Most of us know that, in the big picture, it's not about Trump. It has never BEEN about Trump.

It's about those craven politicians and media figures who enable him, and the weak street rubes who have been manipulated by him.

And THAT'S what makes them so defensive and pissy. It's not about HIM. It's about THEM, and they KNOW it.

Why Dick and Liz Cheney Hate Trump so Much
For the same reasons as most anyone else – Trump is an enemy of democracy and America who tried to overthrow a fair, honest, and lawful election reflecting the will of the people in a treasonous attempt to install himself as autocrat and dictator.

Trump was – and is – unfit to hold any public office.

This thread has been another vivid example of how they protect their cult leader by making him the victim.

Most of us know that, in the big picture, it's not about Trump. It has never BEEN about Trump.

It's about those craven politicians and media figures who enable him, and the weak street rubes who have been manipulated by him.

And THAT'S what makes them so defensive and pissy. It's not about HIM. It's about THEM, and they KNOW it. — @Mac1958

Well, the 2016 election and the remaining popularity of Trump certainly reflects poorly on our country and political system. But so does the fact that we earlier elected Bush and Cheney …. and thrilled to “Mission Accomplished.”

The Dems are much the same. Clinton was almost equally reckless internationally as Cheney, supporting “endless war” adventures overseas that Trump said back in 2016 he wanted to end. Trump said a lot of things that seemed to make sense, but I always feared he would be a disaster for the country, splitting it irredeemably.

Now we have to try to knit the country back together and at the same time try to resolve at least some of the pressing real problems that confront us.

Last edited:
For the same reasons as most anyone else – Trump is an enemy of democracy and America who tried to overthrow a fair, honest, and lawful election reflecting the will of the people in a treasonous attempt to install himself as autocrat and dictator.

Trump was – and is – unfit to hold any public office.
Retard America is not a democracy. And you and your animal kind dumbass leftists are the greatest threat to the Republic.

Glen Greenwald is a Putin stooge.

I'm no fan of Liz Cheney and even less of her father...but they got this one right.

Greenwald never gets it right
If only members of your family were mutilated in useless wars. Progs told us that. But it was just bull shit.

Well, the 2016 election and the remaining popularity of Trump certainly reflects poorly on our country and political system. But so does the fact that we earlier elected Bush and Cheney …. and thrilled to “Mission Accomplished.”

The Dems are much the same. Clinton was almost equally reckless internationally as Cheney, supporting “endless war” adventures overseas that Trump said back in 2016 he wanted to end. Trump said a lot of things that seemed to make sense, but I always feared he would be a disaster for the country, splitting it irredeemably.

Now we have to try to knit the country back together and at the same time try to resolve at least some of the pressing real problems that confront us.
The popularity of Trump is precisely because of the failed Clintonian/Obamanation policies and the Democrat controlled media supporting this current Democrat clusterfuck of a POTUS.

Retard America is not a democracy. And you and your animal kind dumbass leftists are the greatest threat to the Republic.
Trump fanatics who speak like this of fellow American citizens — many of whom are quite Conservative people who just do not support Trump and his “Big Lie” campaign — are indeed a very big part of the problem in this country. This sort of language is typical of hysterical lowlife losers, like many of the fools who fought their way into the nation’s Capitol on Jan. 6th.

Trump fanatics who speak like this of fellow American citizens — many of whom are quite Conservative people who just do not support Trump and his “Big Lie” campaign — are indeed a very big part of the problem in this country. This sort of language is typical of hysterical lowlife losers, like many of the fools who fought their way into the nation’s Capitol on Jan. 6th.
Retard it get tiring reminding you retards that America is not a democracy it is a Constitutional REPUBLIC

1660002877088.png

Maybe the Cheneys just hate what Trump has done to the GOP.

Trumpsters can't pretend that they don't know what that means, because they LOVE what he's done to the party.
America hates what Potatohead and those Democrat assholes have done to this country. Massive inflation, reduced family income, high cost of fuel, raiding the Treasury, recession and higher taxes.

Potatohead is a piece of shit. The worst President this country ever had and that is saying a lot considering Obama is the runner up. You Moon Bats were absolute idiots voting for him and then ignoring the fact he stole the election.

Forum List

Back