Why Conservatives can't Whitewater Obama

2. Conservatives have cried wolf too many times

Very true.

There is no evidence of wrongdoing by the president, of course, but conservatives continue to undermine what little credibility they might have when they attempt to contrive every event into a ‘scandal.’

Part and parcel with that is:

-Conservatives complete refusal to cooperate with Obama on anything, including the fight against terrorism.
-Conservatives hyperbolic and often racist criticisms of Obama.
-Conservatives leveling charges against the administration then looking for evidence to back it up. (Sound familiar? Can you say "WMDs"?)
-Conservative Politicians parroting crazy made up stories (200 Million a day in India, Arms shipments through Turkey, ACORN prostitution scandal) without any vetting whatsoever.
-Conservatives stated goal of making Obama a one term President.

I think you have touched on the heart of the issue

Conservatives take almost a childlike strategy of something is either entirely good or entirely bad. From the day he was elected, conservatives have labeled Obama as entirely bad. Everything he suggests must be attacked, everything positive must be denied, compromise is unthinkable

The public has seen through it and is tired of it.

Now, it is the boy who cried wolf or as Reagan would say.....There you go again

Andy says it well:

Andrew Sullivan said:
The greatest failure of the GOP is not realizing that Obama is a president they could have worked with on policy grounds, and whose relationship with them could have actually defused some of the very traits that suburban voters and most generations under 40 still find so disturbing in the GOP base.

Here, for example, was a man whose family life would make him a cult hero if he were a Republican, but who has been demonized as an alien threat to America from the get-go. Here’s a Democrat who adopted Heritage Foundation ideas for healthcare exchanges. Here’s a Democrat who has actually cut Medicare. His stimulus was one-third tax cuts. Domestic energy production has soared under Obama, even as record numbers of illegal immigrants have been deported. There were and are so many ways in which the GOP could have used Obama for their own advantage – both strategically and culturally. But they refused to, opting instead for visceral, dumb, self-defeating short-term tactical political advantage. All tactics and emotion; no strategy and reason.

poor Andy needs a tissue..ALL the Republicans have families and that didn't stop any of you including the low life Andy from demonizing them and even went their children...so Andy can leave that card off...now when do we get to the race card? it's because he is black

do you read anyone who is isn't a nut or a liar?..
rudepundet now ANDY

Last edited:

Andy says it well:

Andrew Sullivan said:
The greatest failure of the GOP is not realizing that Obama is a president they could have worked with on policy grounds, and whose relationship with them could have actually defused some of the very traits that suburban voters and most generations under 40 still find so disturbing in the GOP base.

Here, for example, was a man whose family life would make him a cult hero if he were a Republican, but who has been demonized as an alien threat to America from the get-go. Here’s a Democrat who adopted Heritage Foundation ideas for healthcare exchanges. Here’s a Democrat who has actually cut Medicare. His stimulus was one-third tax cuts. Domestic energy production has soared under Obama, even as record numbers of illegal immigrants have been deported. There were and are so many ways in which the GOP could have used Obama for their own advantage – both strategically and culturally. But they refused to, opting instead for visceral, dumb, self-defeating short-term tactical political advantage. All tactics and emotion; no strategy and reason.

I agree. Very well put.

Sullivan puts it well and it raises another question

What was the GOP end game in engaging in nonstop obstructionism? Did they really believe they would win in the end?

Other than......It felt good at the time
What long term political advantage did the Republicans hope to gain?

Andy says it well:

Andrew Sullivan said:

I agree. Very well put.

What was the GOP end game in engaging in nonstop obstructionism? Did they really believe they would win in the end?

You've become a broken record..why does it feel good?
you act like things are NEW just because it OBAMA...I bet you all said this during Boooooooooooosh

Here is the real reason.

If you saw how Obama....er.....um.....I mean his supporters influenced the election via the IRS, you will see how Executive power has corrupted the system. That is why pretty much every modern day President has won two terms, including "W". The IRS is but the tip of the ice burg in terms of how these people secure their power. Mark it down, whoever wins in 2016 will be there for two years.

If Nixon were in office today, they would laugh at what he did, with some protesting off to the side, and continue on.

Fill us all in on how that was done..

Targeting non profits for delay. Intimidating their donors not to donate. Using confidential information to target voters. The list is long, for anyone paying attention.

Except non of that was done?

Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

-Conservatives complete refusal to cooperate with Obama on anything, including the fight against terrorism.
-Conservatives leveling charges against the administration then looking for evidence to back it up. (Sound familiar? Can you say "WMDs"?)
-Conservative Politicians parroting crazy made up stories (200 Million a day in India, Arms shipments through Turkey, ACORN prostitution scandal) without any vetting whatsoever.

Conservatives take almost a childlike strategy of something is either entirely good or entirely bad. From the day he was elected, conservatives have labeled Obama as entirely bad. Everything he suggests must be attacked, everything positive must be denied, compromise is unthinkable

All in the cause of ‘getting rid’ of Obama.

How is that working out for them?

people realized quickly that Repubs were using misdirection to divert from the fact that they aren't doing their own jobs.

Andy says it well:

I agree. Very well put.

you act like things are NEW just because it OBAMA...I bet you all said this during Boooooooooooosh

Unlike you, I supported Bush even though I didn't vote for him

It was not till the invasion of Iraq that he lost my support

yeah sure...now back to whining how poor Obama can't get no respect

ole ANDY as you all fondly call him is one two faced hypocrite..but you all fall for his lies...it figures

Here, for example, was a man whose family life would make him a cult hero if he were a Republican, but who has been demonized as an alien threat to America from the get-go.

google the pig to see many more of these and then go back on this board and you will see all these were REPEATED by many of you...

The Day Trig Was Born « The Dish - The Dish - Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Uses Palin's Child as Partisan Political Prop ... Again

Althouse: Let's read Andrew Sullivan's new Sarah Palin post.

althouse.blogspot.com/2009/.../lets-read-andrew-sullivans-new-sarah.htm...*

Jun 14, 2009 – Sullivan offers absolutely no reason why the same principle does not protect Palin's family. Because he can't - no one can. Andrew plays to the ...

so here's what I have for all of you Obama cult whiners AND how everyone didn't bow down to him and were out to get him from the get go..............WAAAA

Last edited:

Actually, I appreciate that you and I don't represent he same sides

Obama's plea of complete surprise and ultimate stupidity in each allegation is beyond credulity, even to thinking Democrats.

people realized quickly that Repubs were using misdirection to divert from the fact that they aren't doing their own jobs.

You mean upholding and defending the Constitution?

No they aren't doing their jobs. They are letting this administration get away with everything short of murder.

But how exactly is the administration doing their job when they are more corrupt then Rome was?

Actually, I appreciate that you and I don't represent he same sides

that make two of us...you use dramatic bs like this article from the week..why conservatives can't WHITEWATER Obama...
You and people like you have accused bush of everything under the sun TO destroying the WHOLE WORLD and then whine how Obama is so different and is some how absolved of any Responsibly to the people in this country...

I don't care to bs people...so I'm glad we don't represent the same sides which how you see things in this country...its us against them like your hero, obama..but carry on

Last edited:
Why conservatives can't whitewater Obama - The Week

Twenty years ago, conservative media mavens seemed able to turn any minor flap into scandal gold, be it a decade-old land deal that lost money or a mundane replacement of White House travel office staff. They even pressured Bill Clinton, early in his first term, to accept an investigation led by an independent special prosecutor, which years later led to his own impeachment. Liberals, in disturbed awe of the Right's ability to control the media narrative, dubbed the conservative media the "Republican Noise Machine."

Yet today, no matter how loud conservatives scream "Benghazi," "Solyndra," "Fast and Furious" and even "Intim-O-Gate" (Glenn Beck's failed attempt to brand the IRS and leak investigation controversies), President Obama glides past. His poll numbers remain relatively stable.

1. Liberals finally learned how to fight back
When the 1988 George H. W. Bush presidential campaign derided Gov. Michael Dukakis with smear after smear, the Democrat fatally believed he could simply ignore it because "nobody's going to believe it." In the 1990s, Bill Clinton naively believed naming a special prosecutor would put to rest any doubts about his real estate dealings. In 2004, Sen. John Kerry thought he could wait a few weeks before responding to the "Swift Boat" attacks on his war record and avoid inadvertently spreading false smears.

But in 2008, the Obama campaign aggressively fought off smears

Conservative firebrand Michelle Malkin futilely tried to tag Obama as fostering a "culture of corruption" in a book published merely six months into his presidency. Breathless charges of cronyism in the Solyndra matter proved to be baseless. You will not be surprised to learn that "Fast and Furious" was not a deliberate plot by Obama to ship guns to Mexican drug cartels, maximize cross-border gun violence, and con the public into accepting draconian gun control. These are a mere few examples of smears gone bust in the Obama era.

3. When something does go wrong, Obama is quick to take care of business
Martha Johnson, resigned. Robert Peck, fired. David Chaney, resigned. Greg Stokes, indefinitely suspended without pay. Louis Caldera, resigned.

Don't know who those people are? That's because President Obama got rid of them fast enough to prevent their minor scandals from being exploited by Republicans and becoming extended media soap operas.

Because of a wholly compliant and corrupt MSM?

Just a guess.

Oh yes.......the old "we are right, it's just the main stream media"

:lol::lol::lol:That's the best you can come up with?:eusa_whistle:

It's the truth regardless of whether it gets rid of Obama or not. Why should we support corruption and ignore what the government is doing just because it doesn't "get rid" of Obama.

To paraphrase a sleaze bag former president and husband of the former secretary/state "it's the media stupid". Clinton is still living proof that a president can get away with anything if he is a democrat.

Forum List

Back