Chicagos murder rate is not as bad as you think

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Chicago's murder rate isn't nearly as bad as you think - The Week

However, for all the tragic stories and headlines casting Chicago as the Deadliest City in America, the homicide rate in the Windy City is actually on pace to end the year at its lowest level since the the early 1960s.

Chicago has retained its stigma as a city with an out-of-control murder problem in part because of the shocking nature of the crimes. Many of the city's murders are gang-related, leading to a high number of youth casualties. In the most high-profile case of recent months, Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl who had performed at President Obama's second inauguration, was shot and killed by a stray bullet in January.

Through the first four months of the year alone, there were 93 homicides in Chicago. But while that would seem to be a depressingly high tally, it was a 42 percent drop from the previous year. It also marked the first time since 1963 that there were fewer than 100 homicides over the same period.

Since then, the downward trend has continued. May saw an 8 percent decrease in homicides from the previous year, and a 31 percent reduction in total shootings. And through Sunday, there had been 76 fewer murders in Chicago this year than over the same stretch in 2012, a 34 percent decline.

Well they have lost hundreds of thousands in population in the last 10 years. You'd think the murder rate would go down some. 2012 was a big jump for whatever reason.

Chicago's murder rate isn't nearly as bad as you think - The Week

However, for all the tragic stories and headlines casting Chicago as the Deadliest City in America, the homicide rate in the Windy City is actually on pace to end the year at its lowest level since the the early 1960s.

Chicago has retained its stigma as a city with an out-of-control murder problem in part because of the shocking nature of the crimes. Many of the city's murders are gang-related, leading to a high number of youth casualties. In the most high-profile case of recent months, Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old girl who had performed at President Obama's second inauguration, was shot and killed by a stray bullet in January.

Through the first four months of the year alone, there were 93 homicides in Chicago. But while that would seem to be a depressingly high tally, it was a 42 percent drop from the previous year. It also marked the first time since 1963 that there were fewer than 100 homicides over the same period.

Since then, the downward trend has continued. May saw an 8 percent decrease in homicides from the previous year, and a 31 percent reduction in total shootings. And through Sunday, there had been 76 fewer murders in Chicago this year than over the same stretch in 2012, a 34 percent decline.

more fascinating facts from gun ban utopia of chicago

--LOL

I thought guns were illegal in Illinois?

There you go thinking again. That must cause you some pain, eh?

I live in Illinois and own many guns. And being country folks we do a lot of hunting and have a lot of fun target shooting every Thanksgiving.

Guns are not banned in Illinois and most folks own them. We do not have a CC law but that is changing soon.

Class dismissed.

There you go thinking again. That must cause you some pain, eh?

I live in Illinois and own many guns. And being country folks we do a lot of hunting and have a lot of fun target shooting every Thanksgiving.

Guns are not banned in Illinois and most folks own them. We do not have a CC law but that is changing soon.

Class dismissed.

"We do not have a CC law but that is changing soon. "

very soon good for you folks about time

No GUNZ in Chicago except for the THUGS!!! Liberalism on steroids. They get what they deserve.

Oh please, stop your fucking lying.. Chicago JUST RECENTLY allowed people to own hand guns once more.. Dumbazzes finally realized what Conservatives say.. CRIMINALS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE LAW and will find guns where ever they can.. so that just leaves OUT your law abiding citizens, you fucking idiots.

Chicago passes revised gun law, allowing handgun ownership - CSMonitor.com

Warrior didn't say Chicago. He said Illinois. I see you have trouble thinking too.

I'll be waiting for an apology from you for calling me a liar. But like a typical Neo-Con you refuse to admit you're wrong even when the facts prove you're wrong.

We do not have a CC law but that is changing soon.

Yeah, sure.

Oh please, stop your fucking lying.. Chicago JUST RECENTLY allowed people to own hand guns once more.. Dumbazzes finally realized what Conservatives say.. CRIMINALS DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE LAW and will find guns where ever they can.. so that just leaves OUT your law abiding citizens, you fucking idiots.

Chicago passes revised gun law, allowing handgun ownership - CSMonitor.com

Warrior didn't say Chicago. He said Illinois. I see you have trouble thinking too.

I'll be waiting for an apology from you for calling me a liar. But like a typical Neo-Con you refuse to admit you're wrong even when the facts prove you're wrong.

^ Moron. Liar.

You just went from being merely stupid to being a fucking liar.

You're proctologist just called Warrior. They found your head.

i heard the state also passed some positive gun laws recently

Perhaps you and that Dumb-Fuck "Da Goose" can share what these recently passed "positive gun laws" are??

Why? It would just go over your head.

Anyone who thinks there's a "gun ban" in Illinois would just be too fucking ignorant to comprehend it anyhow.

Back to your wallowing in stupidity Warrior. (Or do your own research if you're intelligent enough but I doubt it.)

Forum List

Back