Why can't republicans let go of the "Big Lie"?

It looked, for a day or two, on January the 6th and 7th, like they might have given it up finally but it's come roaring back with a vengeance.

Why? Is it because you kids can use it to pass voter suppression laws?

Is it because you think you can't win without tRump?

Of maybe you just got so much invested in it you can't back out without looking like an idiot at this point?

I mean you guys have seriously gone over the edge here. Gilded idols, nazi symbolism, trips to Florida to kiss the ass, sorry I mean ring, firmly denying any attempt to help the American people...

Why do you continue to embrace the crazy?

Not everyone who thinks the system is rigged started with that idea after 2020. Plenty of people had serious doubts in the credibility of the system as far back as 2000. I'm one of those people. The last election I voted in was 2012 for Gary Johnson. Shortly thereafter, the similarities between the main parties on certain key issues made it very clear to me that we are faced with an illusion of choice. I've always voted third party on principle, but after a while, I realized voting itself was rather silly.

Trump was an interesting phenomenon, because the elites clearly hated him, but what happened in 2020 was a little more blatant than what I expected to happen. I knew they would find a way to remove him, but I figured they'd be more subtle about it. Nowadays, they're not even trying to be subtle about things, and half of the public is dumb enough to still think the system isn't corrupted.

There is a side to this that I understand, however. It would be much easier for me to ignore the ugliness of our system and tell myself that I'm free than to face it. I don't know how many people consciously make this decision vs. subconsciously, but either way, it doesn't change reality.

I'm sure a lot of things seem crazy if you don't look behind the curtain. But when you do, everything changes.
Interesting justification.

It looked, for a day or two, on January the 6th and 7th, like they might have given it up finally but it's come roaring back with a vengeance.

Of maybe you just got so much invested in it you can't back out without looking like an idiot at this point?

I mean you guys have seriously gone over the edge here. Gilded idols, nazi symbolism, trips to Florida to kiss the ass, sorry I mean ring, firmly denying any attempt to help the American people...

4o5ksk.jpg
What do you think your chart says, Frankie?
He doesn't.

They don't think. They emote.

I can find no cases of democrats voting who shouldn't have, at least in any great numbers. This minority republican party has to suppress the vote, gerrymander and do whatever they can to stay in power because they're becoming irrelevant. One link below on cases won against republicans suppressing the vote.

what if it was you ? we never call it the big lie.

sounds like a marketing concept, who did coin that anyway.. was it you ?
Does it matter? It's still the big lie.
to you.

It looked, for a day or two, on January the 6th and 7th, like they might have given it up finally but it's come roaring back with a vengeance...

First of all, most of us DON’T believe that DJT won the election. There is a vocal minority thst does, but not most of us.

However, most of us can see the massive problems with our election process and the technical systems that are used to run it which were exposed during this year’s election.

Wece been pointing out many of these things for years. Others were new and specific to this particular election. None seem to be of any concern to the Democrats and their supporters.

Even before I was eligible to vote, I learned that at least one party was not interested in the electorate being Educated, Informed, and Invested in what they were really voting for. My opinion hasn’t changed in the last 30 years.

Everyone knows trump won. By a lot

Because they have no problem with false witness bearing to practicing the abomination of hypocrisy.

to you.
No, Son. A lie is a lie is a lie. Just because you've been dumb enough to fall for it doesn't change that.

to you.
No, Son. A lie is a lie is a lie. Just because you've been dumb enough to fall for it doesn't change that.
son... lol

This is blatantly untrue.

I have to disagree. There are very few Republicans, or even Conservatives that I know who truly believe the Trump WON the election

That is not to say that we believe the election was conducted 100% legally or without glaring inconsistencies and irregularities whichneed to be dealt with quickly and standardized across the country.

This is blatantly untrue.

I have to disagree. There are very few Republicans, or even Conservatives that I know who truly believe the Trump WON the election

That is not to say that we believe the election was conducted 100% legally or without glaring inconsistencies and irregularities whichneed to be dealt with quickly and standardized across the country.
Everyone at CPAC does. And everyone on all the conservative media, and as far as I know all the tRumplings on this site except you...

You're the minority, not them.

Why are you so obsessed about what we believe in?

Why do you need us to conform to your beliefs? Could it be because deep down you know it’s all bullshit?

Not everyone who thinks the system is rigged started with that idea after 2020. Plenty of people had serious doubts in the credibility of the system as far back as 2000. I'm one of those people. The last election I voted in was 2012 for Gary Johnson. Shortly thereafter, the similarities between the main parties on certain key issues made it very clear to me that we are faced with an illusion of choice. I've always voted third party on principle, but after a while, I realized voting itself was rather silly.

Trump was an interesting phenomenon, because the elites clearly hated him, but what happened in 2020 was a little more blatant than what I expected to happen. I knew they would find a way to remove him, but I figured they'd be more subtle about it. Nowadays, they're not even trying to be subtle about things, and half of the public is dumb enough to still think the system isn't corrupted.

There is a side to this that I understand, however. It would be much easier for me to ignore the ugliness of our system and tell myself that I'm free than to face it. I don't know how many people consciously make this decision vs. subconsciously, but either way, it doesn't change reality.

I'm sure a lot of things seem crazy if you don't look behind the curtain. But when you do, everything changes.
The lies believed by Ds and Rs could fill a large book. It’s rather disingenuous of a D or R to criticize the opposition for believing lies. No?

Hell...Ds believed Russiagate for five years...many still do, without a shred of evidence other than the constant promotion of the story by the MSM. Rachel and others promoted every night.

The lies believed by Ds and Rs could fill a large book. It’s rather disingenuous of a D or R to criticize the opposition for believing lies. No?

Hell...Ds believed Russiagate for five years...many still do, without a shred of evidence other than the constant promotion of the story by the MSM. Rachel and others promoted every night.
What's "Russia gate"?

Uhm we don't know could it be Democrats are notorious for rigging elections????

Forum List

Back