Why Are US Churches Tax Exempt?

Churches are included in the 503 c tax code which is a law

Wrong again. They are treated like non-profits by the IRS's internal rules, as well as restrictive auditing provisions. they don't hav to incorporate as anything if they choose not to. Some do because they run secular charities as Catholic Charities does and others, but they are not required to.

That's called revenue.
That's called tax deductible donations. You can't distinguish between them because you really don't know anything about business either.

If a person gives me over a certain amount of money I have to pay taxes on it even though it was a gift

that's because it's personal income to you. Again you know little about it.

And FYI you do not need a multimillion or multibillion dollar organization in order to worship a god

Nobody says you do. You do however need donations to fufill all the other requirements of churches, like providing social services for its members, its widows and orphans, it's hungry, etc. You know nothing about that either, Christians aren't required to live in abject poverty, never were.

That's called revenue.

If a person gives me over a certain amount of money I have to pay taxes on it even though it was a gift

And FYI you do not need a multimillion or multibillion dollar organization in order to worship a god
Nope. Businesses do not pay taxes on revenue. They pay taxes on profits. Church is a non-profit, no tax.

"Churches are tax exempt" is a giant misnomer.

Correct,; it creates the false impression they need government permission for something they have by Constitutional law. They are not required to obey tax laws or business laws. They do not need to incorporate. Pastors have to pay income taxes, so do church employees if they paid for their work. Most pay more taxes than most, since they pay via 1099's as 'Contractors', hence they pay the full Social Security and other payroll taxes out of their incomes.

And there is where you are absolutely wrong.

Almighty God orders His people to spread his word over the whole world, and you can't do that without a very large organization.

And remember this and don't forget it.

The US Constitution protects "Freedom of Religion" not just freedom of "worship"
You are free to practice any religion and that religious business can still pay taxes

Nope. Businesses do not pay taxes on revenue. They pay taxes on profits. Church is a non-profit, no tax.
Church's are not zero profit businesses.

Harvard University is a so called "nonprofit" too

The Catholic Church has hundreds of billions of dollars in assets and cash that is not a "nonprofit" business either.

Correct,; it creates the false impression they need government permission for something they have by Constitutional law. They are not required to obey tax laws or business laws. They do not need to incorporate. Pastors have to pay income taxes, so do church employees if they paid for their work. Most pay more taxes than most, since they pay via 1099's as 'Contractors', hence they pay the full Social Security and other payroll taxes out of their incomes.
No it doesn't

If a business or any entity owns property that property can be taxed Religions leech from the taxpayers by owning high value real estate and they pay nothing to pay for the infrastructure that supports it.

It was my understanding that Pastor Osteen receives a modest salary from his church, and earns a good living from his authorship of the many theological books he has written- not the church at all.

Further, Osteen is already responsible to pay taxes on his income. Where did you ever get the idea that theologians were exempt? The Korean born theologian Sun Myung Moon did time in the joint for allegedly gypping the tax man with fake tax returns. And the same would happen with Rev. Osteen if he didn't pay his taxes.
Osteen gets NOTHING from his church. I think that is wonderful!

No it doesn't

If a business or any entity owns property that property can be taxed Religions leech from the taxpayers by owning high value real estate and they pay nothing to pay for the infrastructure that supports it.

lol you mad churches don't praise perverts and sociopaths, is all.

This is like me pointing out a teacher busted for molesting children and saying “WHY ARE ALL OUR TEACHERS MOLESTING CHILDREN????”

Infantile logic

Well, they don't like it when people point out most of the molestors are just faggot predators; in the case of the Catholic Church over 80% of the kids raped are boys, and 100% of Boy Scouts were raped by faggots. We also know from the last extensive FBI sting of NAMBLA many of them will also rape little girls if they can't groom a boy.

So you're embarassed to admit why you want to shut down Da Evul Xians. that's okay, everybody knows why by now, it;s been going n for 2,000 years, after all.
Where did I say I want to "shut down" anything?

Please quote the post.

And it's kind of hard to "shut down" an immortal isn't it?

Forum List

Back