Why Are Our Children Being Forced To Read This Evil Racist Book??

Why does celebrating independence from a monarch tyrant make one a white supremacist, ConspiracyBrutha?
I don't recall calling him a white supremacist, do you know something I don't?

Well you know folks love to claim their folks weren't in the country during slavery, therefore they have no blame. Now their folks weren't in this country when America got it's Independence either, but they celebrate it on the 4th of July.

Why does the right refuse to accept that slavery was inherently a bad thing ? They want their kids to live in ignorance and grow up with the same dinosaur mindset that they did.
It hurts the little snowflakes' feelings to be told about slavery.

Depending on how explicit and truthful the book is, it possibly should not be reading material in high school. Just because it won a lot of awards doesn't mean it's appropriate.

What are the learning opportunities?
War causes suffering...slavery was wrong and leads to war..the souths tiny guerrilla army was able to kick a lot of northern butt, but the war caused starvation, maiming, and DEATH everywhere to everyone. The Statues remind us of the lessens of rebelling and trying to leave the union, without the reminders I think the south would have tried to leave via war already....which is why the North allowed and encourage the statues and the naming of military bases after inept southern leaders.

The lessons are over--think we will be seeing civil war as the south tries to leave again with just a few decades. The crashing of the economy will force it.

War causes suffering...slavery was wrong and leads to war..the souths tiny guerrilla army was able to kick a lot of northern butt, but the war caused starvation, maiming, and DEATH everywhere to everyone. The Statues remind us of the lessens of rebelling and trying to leave the union, without the reminders I think the south would have tried to leave via war already....which is why the North allowed and encourage the statues and the naming of military bases after inept southern leaders.

The lessons are over--think we will be seeing civil war as the south tries to leave again with just a few decades. The crashing of the economy will force it.
The sad and scary part of all this is you probably teach this same stupid garbage to your kids. See folks racism is taught to children they are not born racist.

CRT’s problem is that it reifies the black race, as blm reifies the black race. This reification should be boycotted in a vibrant democracy. Does the reader know how to boycott black racism, or not?

Well past time to stop obsession with slavery. It was a long time ago, and focusing on it too much is making some people goofy.

We shouldnt celebrate evil.

We shouldnt celebrate evil.
You’re fucked up on the concept of evil just as the gayer-than-gay black theologian works to project guilt onto its scapegoats and victims via CRT. Perpetuating guilt trips is the traditional modus operandi of religion’s mental disease. No doubt about it, black, white or polka-dot, Jesus was a slave to the nails holding his flesh to the cross, and Theo wants you to feel guilty for allowing those Roman soldiers to prop him up butt naked and upside down.

"The work of Nobel laureate Toni Morrison is at the center of the latest skirmish over education in the Virginia's governor's race, after an ad by Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin featured a parent upset that Morrison's 1987 novel "Beloved" was being taught to her son, a high school senior. Morrison's best-known work, is set in the Reconstruction and vividly portrays the horrors of slavery and its legacy -- The book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988 and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe and Virginia Democrats are calling the ad a "racist dog whistle" and accusing Youngkin of wanting to ban books. In the ad, Fairfax County mother Laura Murphy goes after McAuliffe for vetoing Virginia House Bill 516, the "Beloved bill" -- that would have required parents to be notified "if material used in class includes sexually explicit content." McAuliffe shot back at Youngkin and said no, "the bill would have given parents the right to veto … books, Glenn, not to be knowledgeable about it — also take them off the shelves -- I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Why are we forcing our elementary and middle school children to read these disgusting racist books? This book is basically critical race theory....for those who haven't read it -- it is talks about rape, it involves the main character of the book killing her baby, just because she didn't want the child to be a slave....like WTF? You think death is better than being slave? ...Just because this woman is a Nobel Laureate doesn't erase the fact that she is most likely racist to have written a book like this..Our children should not be forced to read books written by racists who describe our nation in a negative way...

As for the woman in this ad....her son luckily survived the trauma of having to read that book in his AP course in which he could have opted out of reading the book but didn't....
View attachment 556920

Yes kids, you heard right....Her child
(who is now 27 and is a lawyer who works for the National Republican Committee and previously worked in the Trump admin) -- that child of hers did receive prior notification before reading the book and had the choice to opt out, but didn't....In other words, parents do have a choice to opt out....but what she ACTUALLY tried to do was ban the book completely.....the folks who scream the loudest about cancel culture have no problems with it when it is them who gets to decide what gets cancelled...and like clockwork, it is always black voices they want to cancel the most....If conservatives didn't have racist dog whistles to blow, they would only be left with blowing Trump....

A high school senior isn't in middle school.

"CRT’s problem is that it reifies the black race, as blm reifies the black race. This reification should be boycotted in a vibrant democracy."
"Well past time to stop obsession with slavery."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a tad embarrassed to say that I have not read or seen a course taught about "CRT".
Have the posters above, or for that matter, any of our active posters seen the curriculum or been taught 'CRT'?
If so, would you share with the forum some of the reading material?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, I don't believe it is being taught in the local schools....elementary, middle, or high school.
In fact, I haven't heard either of the two community college instructors that I know describe it being taught in their system. If any of the posters here have some familiarity with its teachings in community colleges....well, would you share?

And, as long as we are doing a deep dive.....do you know of courses on "CRT" at universities or 4yr colleges?
If so, would you please share some of the teaching materials?

I'm curious about the reading list that is suggested or required for the aspect of 'CRT' that is taught at any level. Though, I suspect, each grade level would have a different menu of readings?

So, if anyone knows for sure......please share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a tad embarrassed to say that I have not read or seen a course taught about "CRT".
Have the posters above, or for that matter, any of our active posters seen the curriculum or been taught 'CRT'?
If so, would you share with the forum some of the reading material?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, I don't believe it is being taught in the local schools....elementary, middle, or high school.
In fact, I haven't heard either of the two community college instructors that I know describe it being taught in their system. If any of the posters here have some familiarity with its teachings in community colleges....well, would you share?

And, as long as we are doing a deep dive.....do you know of courses on "CRT" at universities or 4yr colleges?
If so, would you please share some of the teaching materials?

I'm curious about the reading list that is suggested or required for the aspect of 'CRT' that is taught at any level. Though, I suspect, each grade level would have a different menu of readings?

So, if anyone knows for sure......please share.

This might help you get a grasp on what it is, and how it is used.

It's an insulting question.

Really? I was assuming you would just say, "in general". I am surprised by your hesitation.

My intent was, you would quickly and easily agree and then we would move on.

Now, though, you are making me wonder.

I ask again, are you against hte rape of children in general, or just the rape of boys?

Forum List

Back