Why Are Our Children Being Forced To Read This Evil Racist Book??

You clown. half a million people died fighting to preserve slavery. Nowhere else in the world have evil people fought so hard to retain their slaves.

All of the participants in the War of Northern Aggression have long since gone to their final reward- whether they survived the festivities initially or not.

But its interesting how you libs don't denounce the Germans for the actions of their ancestors in the 2 world wars or insist that the statues of Napoleon be ripped down after all the grief he cause the victors of those wars.

Why just hatred toward the American rebels?

The book is excellent. I wouldn't object to seniors reading it.

The hand wringing critics on here don't read.

What classic should be scratched from the curriculum to make room for it? Should Hawthorne be cancelled? Or perhaps Dickens or Tolstoy or Melville?

And why do you think that anti-White books are so important to be taught to high school kids?

What classic should be scratched from the curriculum to make room for it? Should Hawthorne be cancelled? Or perhaps Dickens or Tolstoy or Melville?

And why do you think that anti-White books are so important to be taught to high school kids?

Didn't your high school have a broad summer reading list?

Taking down statues and monuments of racist traitors isn't going to make anyone forget a damn thing.
The monuments are learning opportunities...
And fyi, the blm and other morons taking down monuments are going after everything and anything white---which includes a doctor who "experimented" on black women---what they left out as they attacked his statue was that this doctor experimented on women who were in a great deal of pain from anal/vaginal fistulas. These women were brought to him, and he was able to develop surgical procedures that fixed their problems greatly improving their lives. But hey that doesn't stop BLM and other communists from attacking.

"The work of Nobel laureate Toni Morrison is at the center of the latest skirmish over education in the Virginia's governor's race, after an ad by Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin featured a parent upset that Morrison's 1987 novel "Beloved" was being taught to her son, a high school senior. Morrison's best-known work, is set in the Reconstruction and vividly portrays the horrors of slavery and its legacy -- The book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988 and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe and Virginia Democrats are calling the ad a "racist dog whistle" and accusing Youngkin of wanting to ban books. In the ad, Fairfax County mother Laura Murphy goes after McAuliffe for vetoing Virginia House Bill 516, the "Beloved bill" -- that would have required parents to be notified "if material used in class includes sexually explicit content." McAuliffe shot back at Youngkin and said no, "the bill would have given parents the right to veto … books, Glenn, not to be knowledgeable about it — also take them off the shelves -- I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Why are we forcing our elementary and middle school children to read these disgusting racist books? This book is basically critical race theory....for those who haven't read it -- it is talks about rape, it involves the main character of the book killing her baby, just because she didn't want the child to be a slave....like WTF? You think death is better than being slave? ...Just because this woman is a Nobel Laureate doesn't erase the fact that she is most likely racist to have written a book like this..Our children should not be forced to read books written by racists who describe our nation in a negative way...

As for the woman in this ad....her son luckily survived the trauma of having to read that book in his AP course in which he could have opted out of reading the book but didn't....
View attachment 556920

Yes kids, you heard right....Her child
(who is now 27 and is a lawyer who works for the National Republican Committee and previously worked in the Trump admin) -- that child of hers did receive prior notification before reading the book and had the choice to opt out, but didn't....In other words, parents do have a choice to opt out....but what she ACTUALLY tried to do was ban the book completely.....the folks who scream the loudest about cancel culture have no problems with it when it is them who gets to decide what gets cancelled...and like clockwork, it is always black voices they want to cancel the most....If conservatives didn't have racist dog whistles to blow, they would only be left with blowing Trump....

what's the racist dog whisle? I don't even see where she mentioned any book.

The issue she seems to have is that the former Gov vetoed a bi-partisan bill that required schools to inform parents of reading that involves explicent content

"The work of Nobel laureate Toni Morrison is at the center of the latest skirmish over education in the Virginia's governor's race, after an ad by Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin featured a parent upset that Morrison's 1987 novel "Beloved" was being taught to her son, a high school senior. Morrison's best-known work, is set in the Reconstruction and vividly portrays the horrors of slavery and its legacy -- The book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988 and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe and Virginia Democrats are calling the ad a "racist dog whistle" and accusing Youngkin of wanting to ban books. In the ad, Fairfax County mother Laura Murphy goes after McAuliffe for vetoing Virginia House Bill 516, the "Beloved bill" -- that would have required parents to be notified "if material used in class includes sexually explicit content." McAuliffe shot back at Youngkin and said no, "the bill would have given parents the right to veto … books, Glenn, not to be knowledgeable about it — also take them off the shelves -- I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Why are we forcing our elementary and middle school children to read these disgusting racist books? This book is basically critical race theory....for those who haven't read it -- it is talks about rape, it involves the main character of the book killing her baby, just because she didn't want the child to be a slave....like WTF? You think death is better than being slave? ...Just because this woman is a Nobel Laureate doesn't erase the fact that she is most likely racist to have written a book like this..Our children should not be forced to read books written by racists who describe our nation in a negative way...

As for the woman in this ad....her son luckily survived the trauma of having to read that book in his AP course in which he could have opted out of reading the book but didn't....
View attachment 556920

(who is now 27 and is a lawyer who works for the National Republican Committee and previously worked in the Trump admin) -- that child of hers did receive prior notification before reading the book and had the choice to opt out, but didn't....In other words, parents do have a choice to opt out....but what she ACTUALLY tried to do was ban the book completely.....the folks who scream the loudest about cancel culture have no problems with it when it is them who gets to decide what gets cancelled...and like clockwork, it is always black voices they want to cancel the most....If conservatives didn't have racist dog whistles to blow, they would only be left with blowing Trump....

I saw the ad…i saw no mention of race or any novel…what i did see is a parent concerned over why the former Gov veto a piece of bi-partisan legislation. allowing parents to know what’s in their child’s reading list

this “racist dog whisle” comment is just a desperate and obvious race baiting by the dembots

The concern of parents has nothing to do with race, according to the story.

The concern was the sexual explicitness of the work and whether its appropriate to teach for school children.

Is Beloved any more appropriate for school kids than the Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs?

In spite of the scores of awards it received, is Deep Throat appropriate for high school film students ?

View attachment 556920

I believed this was going to be about the Bible. Carry on

"....leftist Democrats refuse to admit that they were the ones who had all the slaves and started a Civil War in order to keep them? It was we Republicans ..... who abolished slavery."
I gotta grin whenever I see some Rightfielder attempt to push a point that it was "Democrats" that created slavery and the subsequent Jim Crow practices following Reconstruction. And Republicans were ....and are....the party of Emancipation and racial harmony.

On the face of it, some facts of it are true. However.......
.........................however, that was then, this is now.

Trying to say the Democrats of 1860, or 1877, are the same type of people, thinking, and platforms of today is....well, it is silly and willfully ignorant.

It's akin to saying the Cincinnati Red Stocking baseball team of 1869 is the same as the Cincinnati Reds of today.
As if 150+ years never happened.

With no desire to sound dismissive or disdainful, my avatar still must advise: Grow up. Read some books. Be better educated than what you are today.
Life is more complicated than what Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones tell you.

Just sayin'.

I gotta grin whenever I see some Rightfielder attempt to push a point that it was "Democrats" that created slavery and the subsequent Jim Crow practices following Reconstruction. And Republicans were ....and are....the party of Emancipation and racial harmony.

On the face of it, some facts of it are true. However.......
.........................however, that was then, this is now.

Trying to say the Democrats of 1860, or 1877, are the same type of people, thinking, and platforms of today is....well, it is silly and willfully ignorant.

It's akin to saying the Cincinnati Red Stocking baseball team of 1869 is the same as the Cincinnati Reds of today.
As if 150+ years never happened.

With no desire to sound dismissive or disdainful, my avatar still must advise: Grow up. Read some books. Be better educated than what you are today.
Life is more complicated than what Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones tell you.

Just sayin'.

That's what we lovingly refer to as "The old liberal switcheroo." Nice attempt to revise history.

All of the participants in the War of Northern Aggression have long since gone to their final reward- whether they survived the festivities initially or not.

But its interesting how you libs don't denounce the Germans for the actions of their ancestors in the 2 world wars or insist that the statues of Napoleon be ripped down after all the grief he cause the victors of those wars.

Why just hatred toward the American rebels?
Well in this country we have freedom of thought and expression and I am free to comment on any part of history that I choose. But just for you.......

Napoleon was a shit who reintroduced slavery into France after the Republic abolished it. I holiday in France and bear no ill will to French people because of Napoleon.

I condemn the actions of the nazis in the second world war but I cannot see how their atrocities have any relation to people currently living in Germany. A country that has done more than most to prevent a reoccurence of anoother tragedy.

I have no problems with Americans and have spent several holidays there. Nobody livin there today was responsible for slavery.
My response, that you partially quoted, was to a posting by a crazy woman who was claiming that the US was at the forefront of wmancipation. As you are aware the truth is quite the opposite. I resent that rewriting of history and the attempt to softcoat the actuality.

You mention Germany. They have a holocaust museum and the camps are preserved for future generations to see what happened. Perhaps the US would benefit from such a policy so that people get treated with more respect and also put a stop to the continual right wing revisionism that we see on these boards and drags your country down.

View attachment 556920

I read Beloved. There's nothing wrong with it, except Schooteacher is an unrealistic character. Otherwise, nothing wrong with it.

Why do the leftist Democrats refuse to admit that they were the ones who had all the slaves and started a Civil War in order to keep them?

It was we Republicans whom you call "right-wingers", who abolished slavery.
Cool...

So why does talking about that history trigger you "Right-wingers" so much....

Aside from the fact that Republicans during the Reconstruction era were not called "right wingers" -- they were called radical Republicans....

"...years of Radical Reconstruction were the most progressive in the region's history."

Why radical? Because of their POLICIES!!!

PROGRESSIVE POLICIES!!!

1...They wanted to ensure that there will no new rise of the Confederacy....something that still gives you morons the sads...which is why you fantasize about seceding and Civil War all the time...

2. They believed in using the power of the federal government to ENSURE black folks had equal rights afforded to them by the Constitution....chief among them was the right to vote, free from voter suppression, restrictions, etc....

You know, shit Conservatives have fought against for decades and still to this day.....this is why talking about the past triggers you morons so much....

Republicans deny there was slavery?

You just KNOW that leftists have no defense when they have nothing left but lies.

It would be as if I asked “why do left-wingers want schoolgirls to be raped?”
Who said they deny it? Who is fighting against statues and monuments of racist and traitors being taken down? Republicans. Show me the lie in that statement.

The monuments are learning opportunities...
And fyi, the blm and other morons taking down monuments are going after everything and anything white---which includes a doctor who "experimented" on black women---what they left out as they attacked his statue was that this doctor experimented on women who were in a great deal of pain from anal/vaginal fistulas. These women were brought to him, and he was able to develop surgical procedures that fixed their problems greatly improving their lives. But hey that doesn't stop BLM and other communists from attacking.
What are the learning opportunities?

Have you read the book?

Most of the better schools provide a summer reading list for their students.

Why does the right refuse to accept that slavery was inherently a bad thing ? They want their kids to live in ignorance and grow up with the same dinosaur mindset that they did.
It is a bad thing. The thing is everyone done it including blacks for thousands of years. You're not helping anything by painting whites as evil and our culture as wrong. You're hurting.

Wake up

It is a bad thing. The thing is everyone done it including blacks for thousands of years. You're not helping anything by painting whites as evil and our culture as wrong. You're hurting.

Wake up
So you are in denial, was slavery not a part of your culture during a period in this country? Saying everybody did it is a cop out.

Wake up
Telling the truth will paint some folk as evil and some folk as victims. The alternative is to brush it under the table.
Covering it u is what has happened for generations and has resulted in a white supremacy movement that pollutes much of our relationships now.

Telling the truth will paint some folk as evil and some folk as victims. The alternative is to brush it under the table.
Covering it u is what has happened for generations and has resulted in a white supremacy movement that pollutes much of our relationships now.

How has it been covered up for generations?

New Topics

Forum List

Back