CDZ Why are Millenials so stupid? Coffee, Joe Biden and an Rn degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I was raised on common sense. When I was a boy common sense told me that if I didn't get up at 5: AM before I left for school and bring buckets of coal to the old snowman furnace in the cellar that the house would get cold and my dad would kick my ass when he got home from work. I forgot once....that was it trust me.

When it was time to own a car....common sense told me that I had to learn how to fix one because those were the only kind I could possibly afford...so I learned....everything from brakes to alternators....I had no choice so it wasn't that hard to make up my mind about it.

When it was time to raise a family common sense told me I needed two full time jobs when we hit our seventh kid...then common sense told me to become an autodidact and to get the degrees I needed to make enough money at one job...that took about five years of ass busting hard work...but hey...you know....Common sense. ( Maybe common sense could have included better condoms??? )

Now I am helping my youngest son and his wife get on their feet....they are both hard workers but have...

NO COMMON SENSE...

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning waiting for coffee to finish when my daughter in law.... An RN btw....came out and grabbed the carafe before the coffee was finished brewing and poured a cup. I told her... ' You just screwed up the coffee "..... Puzzled she asked how? " Didn't you take any kind of chemistry or at least statistical math before you got the RN degree?" I asked.... " Yes " she said.
OK....." Then you must understand what cycles of concentration are right? " " Um ....no" ... she said....

For those reading this only takes a little bit of COMMON SENSE.... The first few drops of the MR. COFFEE brewing machine will exit the brew cup at a very high concentration....like Mud....as it nears the fifty percent mark the coffee is probably exiting the brew cup at approximately the right concentration.....towards the end it starts to come out very watery but when allowed to mix with the entire carafe it finds the correct density of coffee particles per liter of water.
If you interrupt that process you will screw up the final product.....not brain surgery here.....but as much as I tried to explain it she just did not get it...to her coffee is coffee...and Joe Biden is her choice...

Need I say any more?

Last edited:
You raised your kids and now you claim that your kids are stupid?

Yep.....they all went to public schools except for the youngest....
Big mistake.

JO
You never took the time to educate your own children?

The youngest one was home schooled...should have done them all. But in answer to your question yes....it's an ongoing process....today my 41 year old son still comes to me with problems that need high end math and advanced calculation.....I take that time to show him the way little by little...where the public schools failed him. Still a parent after all these years.... :)

JO

I was raised on common sense. When I was a boy common sense told me that if I didn't get up at 5: AM before I left for school and bring buckets of coal to the old snowman furnace in the cellar that the house would get cold and my dad would kick my ass when he got home from work. I forgot once....that was it trust me.

When it was time to own a car....common sense told me that I had to learn how to fix one because those were the only kind I could possibly afford...so I learned....everything from brakes to alternators....I had no choice so it wasn't that hard to make up my mind about it.

When it was time to raise a family common sense told me I needed two full time jobs when we hit our seventh kid...then common sense told me to become an autodidact and to get the degrees I needed to make enough money at one job...that took about five years of ass busting hard work...but hey...you know....Common sense. ( Maybe common sense could have included better condoms??? )

Now I am helping my youngest son and his wife get on their feet....they are both hard workers but have...

NO COMMON SENSE...

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning waiting for coffee to finish when my daughter in law.... An RN btw....came out and grabbed the carafe before the coffee was finished brewing and poured a cup. I told her... ' You just screwed up the coffee "..... Puzzled she asked how? " Didn't you take any kind of chemistry or at least statistical math before you got the RN degree?" I asked.... " Yes " she said.
OK....." Then you must understand what cycles of concentration are right? " " Um ....no" ... she said....

For those reading this only takes a little bit of COMMON SENSE.... The first few drops of the MR. COFFEE brewing machine will exit the brew cup at a very high concentration....like Mud....as it nears the fifty percent mark the coffee is probably exiting the brew cup at approximately the right concentration.....towards the end it starts to come out very watery but when allowed to mix with the entire carafe it finds the correct density of coffee particles per liter of water.
If you interrupt that process you will screw up the final product.....not brain surgery here.....but as much as I tried to explain it she just did not get it...to her coffee is coffee...and Joe Biden is her choice...

Need I say any more?
You're a coffee snob?

Common sense should tell you to fight the battles that are important. The cycle of concentration in your coffee is petty and unimportant.

Big mistake.

JO

The youngest one was home schooled...should have done them all.

JO
My kids were homeschooled and in public school I allowed the to make their choices on which they wanted yet I still educated them when I was with them to improve their education. Yet, in my family no one drinks coffee including myself.

Big mistake.

JO

JO
My kids were homeschooled and in public school I allowed the to make their choices on which they wanted yet I still educated them when I was with them to improve their education. Yet, in my family no one drinks coffee including myself.

God bless you for you efforts.....you are a good Parent!

JO

Big mistake.

JO

JO

God bless you for you efforts.....you are a good Parent!

JO
Thanks, but you know they still make mistakes, they are only human, I had three boys and one girl. And guess what I make mistakes also.

NO COMMON SENSE...

Need I say any more?
You're a coffee snob?

Common sense should tell you to fight the battles that are important. The cycle of concentration in your coffee is petty and unimportant.

No it's not unimportant..because it's not about coffee dude.....this is the very same reasoning that will bankrupt and entire nation....

JO

She’s a nurse and you can’t spell millennial. Hmmm.

Our$20 Trillion debt came from boomers. Ok boomer?

Big mistake.

JO
It was his daughter in law...
What is so stupid about wanting coffee now and not later?

Because if you take it now you're not getting the real product you're getting a compromised product and you ruin the rest of the batch for everyone else.

I had a great guy teach me to be a mason early in life and he used to say: I never make a mistake, I thought I did once but it was a mistake.

NO COMMON SENSE...

Need I say any more?
You're a coffee snob?

No it's not unimportant..because it's not about coffee dude.....this is the very same reasoning that will bankrupt and entire nation....

JO
Well, that part is true. It isn't really about the coffee, but the ability to control others with ridicule.

There are battles worth fighting, then there are battles that just need to be ignored.

Either way, I think you are wrong in how you reacted in this situation. I'm not going to fight this battle. I think what I think and nothing will change that opinon.

Have a nice day.

Big mistake.

JO
It was his daughter in law...
What is so stupid about wanting coffee now and not later?

Because if you take it now you're not getting the real product you're getting a compromised product and you ruin the rest of the batch for everyone else.
I never saw the big deal about coffee and never drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back