Why are leftists crying about the student loan “burden” and not the car loan “burden”?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Adults, both college grads and non-college grads, have car loans. So why are leftists crying about student loan payments - “waaaa…..they’re being crushed” by having to repay their debt. - and nary a word about car loans, which is actually MORE, on average, than a student loan?

IOW, why are leftists crying that college-educated professionals need debt relief, to be paid for by other people, and yet shrug their shoulders over the car loans that high school grads struggle to pay? After all, they all knowingly borrowed money and agreed to pay it back.

Adults, both college grads and non-college grads, have car loans. So why are leftists crying about student loan payments - “waaaa…..they’re being crushed” by having to repay their debt. - and nary a word about car loans, which is actually MORE, on average, than a student loan?

IOW, why are leftists crying that college-educated professionals need debt relief, to be paid for by other people, and yet shrug their shoulders over the car loans that high school grads struggle to pay? After all, they all knowingly borrowed money and agreed to pay it back.

The darling of the right wing Elizabeth Warren has you covered Warren and Brown Raise Concerns to CFPB about Abusive Lending Practices in the Auto Loan Market | U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts

You can tell Biden has hit a winner with how the right are screaming like stuck pigs.

Biden is hoping to buy votes and does not care what it does to the economy or national debt.
Those in charge know just how bad things are looking for the DNC right now and they are hoping that buying votes will help.
But couldn’t this boomerang? Seems like more people are enraged by the student loan bribe than the number who got the bribe.

What do you mean, has me covered? I’m not asking for my car loan to be forgiven.

In fact, I have no car loan. I paid it off. Now how fair would it be for people with existing car loans to have up to $10,000 of it paid off by others?

About as fair as the government giving people who were already going to be buying new cars stimulus to buy that new car during the Great recession I suppose.

President Biden is seeking to buy the votes of slackers living in mom's basement- not people driving nice cars which tend to be more conservative.

Conservatives wouldn't fall for this stunt anyhow, so the money would be wasted.

About as fair as the government giving people who were already going to be buying new cars stimulus to buy that new car during the Great recession I suppose.

Except SOME people who were hesitating to buy went ahead, and that helped the economy. The student loan payoff is just a bribe for votes, given to college-educated people who lease need the money.

Except SOME people who were hesitating to buy went ahead, and that helped the economy. The student loan payoff is just a bribe for votes, given to college-educated people who lease need the money.

Well, it will work, so bye bye red wave.

You can tell Biden has hit a winner with how the right are screaming like stuck pigs.
I paid for my things my whole life. I did with less and paid down debts. You freaking evil parasite. Keep laughing it up. You will destroy yourselves with the rest. With all of this someone else suffers. Whether in this nation or overseas. Murderers you are.

Well, it will work, so bye bye red wave.
1) So you admit it‘s a bribe (paid for with OPM).

2) No it won’t work.The 90% of voters who are NOT getting the bribe, and are pissed off that they will have to pay for it, are angry - and more incentivized to turn out than ever.

The Dems are desperate. They know that when the GOP wins the House, the investigations will start.

But couldn’t this boomerang? Seems like more people are enraged by the student loan bribe than the number who got the bribe.
You seem to think there is real thought that goes into anything that is done.

I paid for my things my whole life. I did with less and paid down debts. You freaking evil parasite. Keep laughing it up. You will destroy yourselves with the rest. With all of this someone else suffers. Whether in this nation or overseas. Murderers you are.
Just between you and me, I am totally disgusted with these idiots.

Here’s how I paid for my college: two academic scholarships, which covered almost two-thirds. I worked part-time during semesters, and full-time during summer, winter, and spring breaks. (No loans.)That of course left no money (or time) to go to Stowe during the winter or Cancun during the spring, and I for sure couldn’t go abroad for junior year.

At the same time, classmates who took out loans DID go on winter and spring breaks - they didn’t have to work - and effectively used their student loan money to pay for it. Now why should the kid who worked have to pay off the loans others used to go on ski trips and beach vacations?

Just between you and me, I am totally disgusted with these idiots.

Here’s how I paid for my college: two academic scholarships, which covered almost two-thirds. I worked part-time during semesters, and full-time during summer, winter, and spring breaks. (No loans.)That of course left no money (or time) to go to Stowe during the winter or Cancun during the spring, and I for sure couldn’t go abroad for junior year.

At the same time, classmates who took out loans DID go on winter and spring breaks - they didn’t have to work - and effectively used their student loan money to pay for it. Now why should the kid who worked have to pay off the loans others used to go on ski trips and beach vacations?
Abuses in programs over many decades is massive. Designed to help but ending up being a second currency to live off.

Forum List

Back