Who's Going to Win NBA Championship This Year?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
LA
Suns
Warriors
Boston
Philly
Bucks
Dallas
Denver
Grizzlies
Kings

There can't be any other team with a chance to win it all. This is your chance to call it early.

I'm going with the Suns

LA
Suns
Warriors
Boston
Philly
Bucks
Dallas
Denver
Grizzlies
Kings

There can't be any other team with a chance to win it all. This is your chance to call it early.

I'm going with the Suns

Let's start with who WON'T win this year...start with the Nets, what a disaster.

Boston Celtics.
Was Durant on the Suns when you made this prediction? I feel like Boston is never going to get there. They'll get worse before that happens not better. They need one more guy. One great big guy underneath. Right now the guys they have can compete but I don't feel they will ever reach and achieve a championship. Now that's just me. They can prove me wrong. I'll be really impressed. And I have to say this is coming from a guy who's not rooting for them. I don't know why I don't root for Boston. Maybe the Bird era. Maybe after watching Showtime on HBO about the Lakers. The Celtic franchise is, gross to me. Red Aurback or whatever his name is. Not as cool as the Lakers let's put it that way.

Anyways, I will be impressed and not TOO surprised if Tatum finally wins one. But there is no guarantee. He could be like so many others who never won but were good enough. Carl Malone or Reggie Miller.

I put my money on Yianni. Yianni has a better chance matching up against Durant. Tatum will get shut down again like he did last year.

Was Durant on the Suns when you made this prediction?
No!

I think Boston has the the edge still. They are entering a rough patch where they are losing close games, like the one in OT last night to a very good Cleveland team (Bos. 45 wins, Clev. 41). They may have lost a step from their championship run last season, but it's still too early to say that. Same way with Suns, too early to tell if they are a championship team

No!

I think Boston has the the edge still. They are entering a rough patch where they are losing close games, like the one in OT last night to a very good Cleveland team (Bos. 45 wins, Clev. 41). They may have lost a step from their championship run last season, but it's still too early to say that. Same way with Suns, too early to tell if they are a championship team
That's why I give Yianni a real good chance. They've already been there. Got the fire back. It's hard to win back to back ships. But they will be healthy and they will overcome the Celtics this year in the conference finals.

And Yianni will go on to beat Durant because good always beats evil. Right?

No!

Nuggets are in first. I don't even consider them winning the championship.

Grizzleys in 2nd. Kings in 3rd. I don't consider any of these teams as playing in the finals. If they do Yianni or Boston will win.

Funny I don't expect any of the top 3 teams in the West to make it to the finals.

That's why I give Yianni a real good chance. They've already been there. Got the fire back. It's hard to win back to back ships. But they will be healthy and they will overcome the Celtics this year in the conference finals.

And Yianni will go on to beat Durant because good always beats evil. Right?
Yanni is one of my favorite players to watch. Definitely a good guy, in NBA sizing, but still he is just all over the place when he drives the lane, he has as great a chance of a reverse slam as he does accidentally kicking the ball into the first row. But the team is good, a close match up to Suns. But Suns are better.

Yanni is one of my favorite players to watch. Definitely a good guy, in NBA sizing, but still he is just all over the place when he drives the lane, he has as great a chance of a reverse slam as he does accidentally kicking the ball into the first row. But the team is good, a close match up to Suns. But Suns are better.

I hate it when he tries to flip the ball in and it bounces off the rim. He is unstoppable and unguardable but slam it. Don't flick it. With his euro step they cant stop him. And he has a good team behind him. They've already won it once. They can do it again. But I can also see them falling short. Giving it their best but just being outmatched.

I say Bucks Celtics will be a great eastern finals and then root for whoever wins. Deal?

I hate it when he tries to flip the ball in and it bounces off the rim. He is unstoppable and unguardable but slam it. Don't flick it. With his euro step they cant stop him. And he has a good team behind him. They've already won it once. They can do it again. But I can also see them falling short. Giving it their best but just being outmatched.

I say Bucks Celtics will be a great eastern finals and then root for whoever wins. Deal?
Oh hell yea, there is no way the West wins the title, but Durant to the Suns makes this an outside possibility. The East is so much stronger than the West that it is not even close. Philly can be dangerous with Embiid and Harden, but they are not deep enough. Celtics have a good bench, and that is probably what separates them from other teams. I think Danny Ainge might still be responsible for the core of this team, even though he is in Utah.

Oh hell yea, there is no way the West wins the title, but Durant to the Suns makes this an outside possibility. The East is so much stronger than the West that it is not even close. Philly can be dangerous with Embiid and Harden, but they are not deep enough. Celtics have a good bench, and that is probably what separates them from other teams. I think Danny Ainge might still be responsible for the core of this team, even though he is in Utah.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers won it all. There I said it. Something about them scares me especially now that they got that poison Westbrook off the team.

What about Kyree in Dallas? Doesn't seem to be working or enough but you never know.

What if suddenly the Warriors start playing like they did last year. Things haven't been right since Green punched his teammate.

Weird year. Usually the West is the best. Like last year. No contest in the finals last year so I don't know why you think Boston is going to be so much better this year. Unless they are BETTER than they were last year?

Yianni and Jrue are day to day on the injury report. Yet the Bucks continue winning even without their superstars. And you say Boston is deep?

The Milwaukee Bucks look to build another winning streak when they battle the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night at the Amway Center in Florida.

Game preview​

The Bucks are gunning for a second straight win after their 16-game winning streak was halted by the Philadelphia Sixers on Saturday night, 133-130. After losing to the Sixers, the Bucks returned to their winning ways after they defeated the Washington Wizards on Sunday night, 117-111.

Boston was competitive. This year they should have more confidence in crunch time. Milwaukee did have quite the win streak.
I loved the recent shake up. Reminded me of when we got Rasheed Wallace right before the trade deadline and that was the winning piece of the puzzle we needed. Is Durant that guy for the Suns? He should be. Chris Paul is thinking this has to be the year. I mean COME ON!

If the Knicks don’t win it, which they won’t, I’m rooting for Denver or Minnesota

I'm rooting for the Denver Nuggets to win it all, do you know why? I'll tell you why: Including their time in the ABA, it has been 63 years of their existence without a championship. You know who is 2nd place? Phoenix Suns, with 55 years.

Boston has to get by the Bucks. Something they barely did last year and Middelton wasn't playing.
I hate the way Yianni and his team play. Patient, they never get rattled, calm, no panic. I know that all sounds good but when you see Boston is coming back, they don't have a way to stop it. They do but they didn't last year in the Eastern finals. I can't wait to see what happens this year. I almost think Yianni might surprise everyone and win again this year. That will set him in stone as not a fluke. For some reason his one win feels like a fluke. Not as bad as the Lebron Laker Bubble Championship. They got nothing out of that. All that lost revenue from not having 4 games at home throughout the playoffs.

But for some reason the Bucks win seems like a little luck. If he wins again, it ain't luck. And he didn't need to go get a Harden or Durant to help him win. That team is home grown. So is Boston except they had to get Horford. But I root for those teams over teams like LA who had to go get Lebron or Suns need Durant or 76ers need Harden.

Forum List

Back