Who would you vote for? Unknown candidate or trump?

Who would you vote for?

• Unknown cadidate

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • trump

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Unknowns only become viable given the ONE element that is predominant in our elections

$$$$$

Obama was a relative unknown in the '07 campaign cycle

He got in because he made a deal w/ wall street, who were granted immunity after the crash they caused

~S~

So, our unknown candidate is a second term Republican governor of a red state. He has a wife and three kids. He did a tour of duty in Iraq back in the day as an infantry second lieutenant. Before he ran for office, he started a small business as a general contractor who built single family homes. The people of his state think well of him. He scores pretty high on guns rights and pro-life issues. He doesn't have any bad history.

trump is our other candidate. He needs no introduction.
Potted Plant.

Trump's chances hinge on the dissatisfaction of his working class supporters, and that's not being expressed here on this thread.
So it's maybe an expression of this thread being a barometer of Trump's chances. His supporters are a little more reserved than previously.

His opponents have become more vocal on their message that Trump is threatening America's democracy.

Besides that, both DeSantis and Cruz are smelling Trump's blood in the water lately.

Hate much??? Spare us your TDS, nobody wants to hear it

I wasn't fond of the idea of Trump in 2016, but I sure as hell wasn't voting for the bitch. Same for 2020.

There once was a time I would have considered Biden, but after the last several years there was no way I would vote for a perverted senile idiot that doesn't have the first clue of what day it is, much less how to run a country.

As for 2024???? IDK, I'll wait and see who's actually running and what their record is to determine if I'll vote at all. If neither side can get a decent candidate to run, then I'll probably sit that one out. IDK. All depends on how it plays out.

Hate much??? Spare us your TDS, nobody wants to hear it

I wasn't fond of the idea of Trump in 2016, but I sure as hell wasn't voting for the bitch. Same for 2020.
Hillary was a horrible candidate and probably the only candidate that could lose to Trump. Although I would say that Bernie would have maybe lost too beccause Americans weren't ready for social change. Hillary was the Dem party's dying grasp of holding up the establishment and the consequent 'rip off' of the working class.
There once was a time I would have considered Biden, but after the last several years there was no way I would vote for a perverted senile idiot that doesn't have the first clue of what day it is, much less how to run a country.
Perverted and senile are exaggerations but there's little doubt that he was a poor candidate too. Only just barely preferable to the psychopath Trump.
As for 2024???? IDK, I'll wait and see who's actually running and what their record is to determine if I'll vote at all. If neither side can get a decent candidate to run, then I'll probably sit that one out. IDK. All depends on how it plays out.
Fwiw, I think that Trump won't run, but for some reason that won't be his choice. He poses far too much danger to America and it's democracy. His plan for a fascist takeover would require the military on his side and that doesn't appear to be even close to possible. That means that those in control of the military would almost certainly take measures to stop him.

When Trump is gone, America and the R party would make it's way back to normal. The military has a lot at stake to make that happen.

Rogan and Harris did a utube hour long discussion on Trump mostly but also a bit on Hillary about 5 years ago. It explains a lot of what you might be interested in hearing. It's the one where Sam Harris twice predicted a pandemic. If you have an interest and can't find it, I will for you if you ask.

So, our unknown candidate is a second term Republican governor of a red state. He has a wife and three kids. He did a tour of duty in Iraq back in the day as an infantry second lieutenant. Before he ran for office, he started a small business as a general contractor who built single family homes. The people of his state think well of him. He scores pretty high on guns rights and pro-life issues. He doesn't have any bad history.

trump is our other candidate. He needs no introduction.

Any republican who runs. Desantis would be my first choice, but I will vote Trump any day of the week.

trump can easily be bought.

All Putin has to do is allow trump to build a trump hotel in Moscow. trump would do anything for that.

The checks from putin to hunter have likely already cleared and been cashed.......you doofus.

Yeah.....Obama replaced all of the top brass with liberal assholes....but the troops supported Trump.
Now Gen Miley wants to get rid of Trump supporters in the military thru vaccine mandates.

You have to ask yourself why these people feel it's okay to ruin peoples careers and their lives over a GD booster shot.
The truth is.....Democrats are lying thru the MSM....colluding with them to steal elections.
If it wasn't for their media friends Democrats never would have been able to win back congress.
Not to mention the fact that they used cancel culture and the Metoo movement to get rid of everyone that didn't support them on election committees in various states.
If you control the vote counting....you control the vote.
Mud dude

President Barack Obama put military people in charge of the military. Also, military readiness demands that our troops is vaccinated against any number of things and that includes COVID.

If someone in the military refuses to be ready to be deployed their making a political choice against their unit and should be let go. That's their choice.

Tool, the MSM doesn't shill for the Democratic Party like phax does for the republics. Cancel culture? See Liz Cheney and many others....

Sure control voting, it's what the former 1-term president is trying to do.

Grow up boi.

Mud dude

President Barack Obama put military people in charge of the military. Also, military readiness demands that our troops is vaccinated against any number of things and that includes COVID.

If someone in the military refuses to be ready to be deployed their making a political choice against their units and should be let go. That's their choice.

Tool, the MSM doesn't shill for the Democratic Party like phax does for the republics. Cancel culture? See Liz Cheney and many others....

Sure control voting, it's what the former 1-term president is trying to do.

Grow up boi.

That is just stupid...

obama hates the military and put in left wing, paper pushing, Diversity Generals in the chain of command.....weakening our readiness and ability to fight against Russia, China and Iran....

You are a fucking moron...

That is just stupid...

obama hates the military and put in left wing, paper pushing, Diversity Generals in the chain of command.....weakening our readiness and ability to fight against Russia, China and Iran....

You are a fucking moron...
That's just grievance whining. Why do all you sycophants just whine?

That's a great answer!
Especially so because you leave the main question undecided, which indicates that you are still undecided on which choice is going to deliver. Keeping in mind that Trump has at least promised to deliver!
He also promised to:

Balance the budget.

Make Mexico pay for the wall.

Health insurance for all & cheaper for everyone.

End the drug crisis.

Rebuild Infrastructure.

Improve our standing in the world.

Get us out of Afghanistan.

Bring jobs back from China.

Stay up till midnight "working for you"!

The bullshit artist failed at all of the above.

The only promise he never made was to tell the truth. About anything.

Trump's chances hinge on the dissatisfaction of his working class supporters, and that's not being expressed here on this thread.
So it's maybe an expression of this thread being a barometer of Trump's chances. His supporters are a little more reserved than previously.

His opponents have become more vocal on their message that Trump is threatening America's democracy.

Besides that, both DeSantis and Cruz are smelling Trump's blood in the water lately.
Cruz would sell his own mother into a whore house if it would benefit him. DeSants ain't much better.

De Santis would very quickly adjust his agenda to suit American democracy, after Trump's thumb isn't holding him back to fascist ideals.

All that's preventing America from returning to something resembling normal is Trump.
Even McConnell is keeping an escape route in his bag of tricks, for a time coming when he may have to lead his party back from the brink.

Trump won't take him on directly and seriously and McConnell doesn't have the balls to take on Trump. There's little doubt the relationship is surrounded in mutual hate between the two. It's most likely that either could take the other down.

I would never vote for a Democrat. They are always a disaster for this country. We all know that.

I would not vote for a RINO. In 2008 I voted Libertarian rather than for that RINO McCain. The same in 2012 with that worthless RINO Romney.

There are not two parties. Just one party of Big Government with two branches; the batshit crazy Democrat branch and the Republican branch.

I voted for Trump because he was not really a Republican but a Nationalist, which we sorely needed.

His agenda to make this country great again was exactly what we need and he did a great job.

Too bad we let the Democrat filth steal the election from us. Trump would have accomplished great things with four more years. Instead we got this idiot Potatohead that is working hard to make America a shithole.

Hillary was a horrible candidate and probably the only candidate that could lose to Trump. Although I would say that Bernie would have maybe lost too beccause Americans weren't ready for social change. Hillary was the Dem party's dying grasp of holding up the establishment and the consequent 'rip off' of the working class.

Perverted and senile are exaggerations but there's little doubt that he was a poor candidate too. Only just barely preferable to the psychopath Trump.

Fwiw, I think that Trump won't run, but for some reason that won't be his choice. He poses far too much danger to America and it's democracy. His plan for a fascist takeover would require the military on his side and that doesn't appear to be even close to possible. That means that those in control of the military would almost certainly take measures to stop him.

When Trump is gone, America and the R party would make it's way back to normal. The military has a lot at stake to make that happen.

Rogan and Harris did a utube hour long discussion on Trump mostly but also a bit on Hillary about 5 years ago. It explains a lot of what you might be interested in hearing. It's the one where Sam Harris twice predicted a pandemic. If you have an interest and can't find it, I will for you if you ask.

Difference of opinion,, but that's what makes America a great place. We're intitled to our differences.

As much history Trump had of talking politics, he had zero experience. Something many seem to have forgotten. So he played that game differently than expected and that played in his favor with the country sick & tired of the way things were.

I don't know that he is or was a danger to this country or it's 'democracy' or Republic. His 4 years may have been odd & raised some eyebrows, but there was never any real fear of losing this country, or the 'American way' or our rights as free citizens this country was founded on,. Biden on the other hand in less than a year, as cast more fear and threat to any of that.

Anything Trump may or may not have done, was severely tempered by the Democrat opposition and witch hunts. If any of those in DC, regardless of political party had made more effort to work WITH him, rather than against.....I do think alot more good would have come of it. To the country, and to the people. Whatever benefit he or others may or may not have gained from his policies, would have still benefitted the public at large.......but nobody sees that part.

Forum List

Back