Who would have won a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson ?

If you watch UFC the top mixed martial arts used is boxing number one jujitsu number to wrestling number three ..

That karateshit will get you fucked up in the streets

I dont know the answer, But I wouldnt under estimate Bruce Lee. He was still a master and very strong in Chi.

Lol I would have fucked up Bruce Lee.. Tyson would have murdered him

Bruce Lee would have crippled you, because first of all unless you are a martial arts master, in comparison.... you dont know how to even throw a punch.

Bruce Lee would have crippled you, because first of all unless you are a martial arts master, in comparison.... you dont know how to even throw a punch.

okay since its been settled that people who think tyson could have beat Ali are crackheads,that tyson could have carried alis jockstrap,we can move on to who would win between Lee and tyson which is still another no brainer since same story.tyson could not have carried his jockstrap as well even if Lee stayed AWAY from kicking.

uh we are talking tyson vs ali not bruce lee,and its already been proven throughout the whole thread tyson could not carry alis jock strap.end of discussion.

Whats the title of the Thread? Ali vs Tyson?

If Tyson could get hold of Bruce Lee without weapons or gloves, he would crush Lee like a grape.
If Tyson could get Lee cornered and beat him with a barrage of punches while biting his ear off, while running him over with his car . . .

Tyson was a heavy power fighter based on enormous outer strength, Lee was a light, fast, agile, skills fighter able to channel enormous inner strength and chi. Pointless to ask who would win since they never fought and never will, but it is a safe bet that Lee was better prepared for and had fought and beaten a lot more people like Tyson than Tyson has ever fought like Lee.

Lee was a master of all fighting skills, he taught many other good fighters. He invented his own fighting system and revolutionized martial arts. Tyson was a very good street brawler. In a ring with boxing gloves, Tyson probably has an edge. On the street, no holds barred, Lee had a knowledge of the body, pressure points, weaknesses no amount of muscle development can cover: nerves, blood vessels, joint locks, throwing weapons, kabudo weapons, eye gouges, that I think the advantage is Lee's.

Tyson was a mack truck, a freight train, a bulldozer.

Lee was like water in a glass, he was like fighting your own shadow. He took on the shape of the container and flowed with it turning his opponent's own energy against himself.

Tyson easily

He outweighs him and could take Lees shots
Don’t think Bruce Lee would survive a Tyson shot

If Tyson could get hold of Bruce Lee without weapons or gloves, he would crush Lee like a grape.
If Tyson could get Lee cornered and beat him with a barrage of punches while biting his ear off, while running him over with his car . . .

Tyson was a heavy power fighter based on enormous outer strength, Lee was a light, fast, agile, skills fighter able to channel enormous inner strength and chi. Pointless to ask who would win since they never fought and never will, but it is a safe bet that Lee was better prepared for and had fought and beaten a lot more people like Tyson than Tyson has ever fought like Lee.

Lee was a master of all fighting skills, he taught many other good fighters. He invented his own fighting system and revolutionized martial arts. Tyson was a very good street brawler. In a ring with boxing gloves, Tyson probably has an edge. On the street, no holds barred, Lee had a knowledge of the body, pressure points, weaknesses no amount of muscle development can cover: nerves, blood vessels, joint locks, throwing weapons, kabudo weapons, eye gouges, that I think the advantage is Lee's.

Tyson was a mack truck, a freight train, a bulldozer.

Lee was like water in a glass, he was like fighting your own shadow. He took on the shape of the container and flowed with it turning his opponent's own energy against himself.

Very well explained

Tyson easily

He has to get hit with Tyson's best shots. Tyson was a power boxer and Lee would have to stay in his range.

Tyson easily

They were both capable of beating each other. Both in their unique way are so devastating though, that a fight would have probably swung on who got the first upper hand.
I think in a ring, with gloves and specific rules.... fight goes to Tyson maybe 80-20 , but in a street fight? That increases the amount of things Lee would be able to do to him. Lee was not just another kung-fu fighter, he was a master or def on that level. The thing with Kung fu that Lee possessed at that level was his amount of body/ mind control which was off the charts, and while Tyson in his prime was a force of nature that was going to steam roll you over, a good part of Kung Fu is knowing how to use your opponents energy against them.

Tyson would, bring that energy and it would either be used to crush Lee.... or it might also be a mistake on his part from which he might not be able to pull back. A traditional boxer like tyson hits you and what his punch is doing is breaking your body from the outside in. You go up against a true martial arts master... and what their punch will do to you, is find a pin point spot, and send the energy right through your body to the other side...
I had it explained to me by a Master. I took Kung Fu for a short while under Lilly Lau in her school, (who was God Mother to Jackie Chan by the way...) (well interpreted because she did not herself speak English well enough)....

So what she explained was it takes someone learning Kung Fu about 5 years to even learn how to throw a punch properly, and then you can start from there. A westerners punch is something like Tyson or Liston. Imagine grabbing the door handle of your front door and slamming it shut as hard as you can, throw all the strength you have and listen to how it sounds. Now go back in your memory to when you had your windows and doors open one day and the air currents, softly flowing through your house caused your front door to slam so hard that it made all your windows rattle and the house vibrate. THAT is a real Kung Fu punch when done properly. She basically said, visualize your hand as if it is a metal ball on a string... the string is soft and loose but as the ball swings, it hits with a tremendous force that is pin point as well. As opposed to just trying to bash someone with a stick.
This woman for instance would do this little demonstration... hand her one of those little wooden chop sticks, she would hold it in her hand with half of it sticking out, then throw a punch so quick... and stopping so quickly that the chop stick would snap in half from the sudden G-force. Thats, years and years of practice. Someone like that could rip your eyes out of your head before you could even raise a hand... from that speed and accuracy and control that someone that good possesses.

Great example of that hand eye, and mind coordination

Tyson easily

He has to get hit with Tyson's best shots. Tyson was a power boxer and Lee would have to stay in his range.

When Tyson was young, all his shots were his best shots, but I would never count Lee out completely, it would have to be a kick to the head or knee most likely, and then taking advantage of an opening after that.

a good scene in an otherwise lousy movie

I was a pre-teen, growing up in LA, in 1969. The movie captured the zeitgeist of the place perfectly.

I’m an East coast guy born in the late 70’s, raised in the 80’s, so I wouldn’t know. I just think the movie didn’t really have a plot, and it was long.

A lot of the movie was vignettes of nostalgia loosely based around the Tate-LaBianca murders in Hollywood 1969. The entire scene at the Spahn Ranch would only make sense to people familiar with the event. Even while I was watching the movie, I realized the movie had a very specific audience.

Lee could have just asked Jitler to spell a five-letter word, and the idiot's head would have exploded.

Forum List

Back