Who Was The Beast Of The Book Of Revelation?

You didn't ask me the question, but I'm going to guess the reference is to the Age of the Gentiles. An age that is about over.
Here it is in Romans 11:25:
"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

That letter was written to the Romans. Who says the age of the Gentiles is over?

Yes it was. Just as Hebrews was written for Hebrews.
The age of the Gentiles is nearing it's end. I did not say it was over. Peter called it the last time.
There are points of time that Christians refer to as Biblical eras. The Age of Innocents, for instance, refers to Adam and Eve's era. The Age of the Law is one, as is the Age of the Gentiles. And they are similar < (note that I didn't say the same, for future reference...), but similar time frames. If that is an indicator, then we are about to wrap up the Age of the Gentiles. Another indicator is that the things that Christ told us to look for prior to His return are coming to fruition.

Yes it was. Just as Hebrews was written for Hebrews.
The age of the Gentiles is nearing it's end. I did not say it was over. Peter called it the last time.
There are points of time that Christians refer to as Biblical eras. The Age of Innocents, for instance, refers to Adam and Eve's era. The Age of the Law is one, as is the Age of the Gentiles. And they are similar < (note that I didn't say the same, for future reference...), but similar time frames. If that is an indicator, then we are about to wrap up the Age of the Gentiles. Another indicator is that the things that Christ told us to look for prior to His return are coming to fruition.

Are you talking about Dispensations? I can't go along with any of that.

I haven't kept up on this thread, but I saw the question you asked. You didn't ask me the question, but I'm going to guess the reference is to the Age of the Gentiles. An age that is about over.
Here it is in Romans 11:25:
"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."
Yes, we are in the Time of the Gentiles now. It will get worse before it gets better. We are about to enter, "The Time of JACOB'S Trouble"

Jesus will return to deliver us from that time.

Yes, we are in the Time of the Gentiles now. It will get worse before it gets better. We are about to enter, "The Time of JACOB'S Trouble"

Jesus will return to deliver us from that time.

Jeremiah wrote about Cyrus the Great.

oh----is that where Jesus said they should go ? ALL OF THEM ?
The wilderness. Decapolis was wilderness, i.e., not Israel.

But I would say the Christian flight from Jerusalem began in AD 66, after the Jews routed the Romans and before the Roman armies surrounded the city in AD 67.

The wilderness. Decapolis was wilderness, i.e., not Israel.

But I would say the Christian flight from Jerusalem began in AD 66, after the Jews routed the Romans and before the Roman armies surrounded the city in AD 67.

I think they fled to Pella.

There is no way that Nero was the Beast. The book of Revelation is future based, it is a prophecy. Nero never caused everyone to take mark, that is a signature of the Beast.

Nero never had the power to control buying and selling either.

Last edited:
There is no way that Nero was the Beast. The book of Revelation is future based, it is a prophecy. Nero never caused everyone to take mark, that is a signature of the Beast.

Nero never had the power to control buying and selling either.

The book of Revelation is a letter that tells you exactly who the audience is and when it will happen... SOON within a generation which is 40 years.

Nero did have the power to control buying and selling.. The whole Roman Empire had to use Roman coin.

Thedecapolis.jpg

Forum List

Back