Who Was The Beast Of The Book Of Revelation?

Was man able to destroy all life on earth back then? Was the gospel being preached worldwide back then? Had Israel been born in a day yet? Was everyone marked on their hand or forehead?

It hasn't happened yet... People are getting tatoos all over

Rosie, tattoos have nothing to do with being able to buy and sell. Do you have tattoos? I don't and I'm about to go shopping.
nope---no tattoos----I don't even use a credit card----
I do it the old fashioned way-----dollars and coins.
Keep this fact UNDER YOUR HAT----I don't even have
a cell phone

nope---no tattoos----I don't even use a credit card----
I do it the old fashioned way-----dollars and coins.
Keep this fact UNDER YOUR HAT----I don't even have
a cell phone
I'm a cash and carry person too. Paying interest on a credit card never appealed to me either. Cash is the way to go.
Don't know how you get away with no cell phone though. Mine sits in the kitchen all day. But I do like having it when I go out in case something happens and I need to call for help. My daughter made me promise not to leave home without it.

Was man able to destroy all life on earth back then? Was the gospel being preached worldwide back then? Had Israel been born in a day yet? Was everyone marked on their hand or forehead?

It hasn't happened yet...

The mark of the beast was Roman coin. The world was the Roman empire. Do you understand figurative or poetic language?

The mark of the beast was Roman coin. The world was the Roman empire. Do you understand figurative or poetic language?
How did the Romans attach the coin to the forehead? Nails? And did the Chinese use Roman coins to buy and sell? And did the Romans preach the gospel to the whole world?
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14). The Romans didn't have satellites to spread the gospel in all the world. All the world. It does not say throughout the Roman Empire.

The problem with not taking the Bible literally is you end up fooling yourself with any number of poetic languages that miss the point.

The Bible tells us not to add to or take away from what it says. Why then turn it into a sonnet, or try to figure out if God meant something else, then turn it into what you think he really said.
Unless the gospel was preached worldwide, then your timeline doesn't work. Unless the Romans had the technology to destroy all life on earth, then your time line doesn't work.

In fact, you cant get more literal than to tell us we will receive a mark, and then specify which hand it will be on.
God doesn't want you to interpret. He wants you to listen...

How did the Romans attach the coin to the forehead? Nails? And did the Chinese use Roman coins to buy and sell? And did the Romans preach the gospel to the whole world?
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14). The Romans didn't have satellites to spread the gospel in all the world. All the world. It does not say throughout the Roman Empire.

The problem with not taking the Bible literally is you end up fooling yourself with any number of poetic languages that miss the point.

The Bible tells us not to add to or take away from what it says. Why then turn it into a sonnet, or try to figure out if God meant something else, then turn it into what you think he really said.
Unless the gospel was preached worldwide, then your timeline doesn't work. Unless the Romans had the technology to destroy all life on earth, then your time line doesn't work.

In fact, you cant get more literal than to tell us we will receive a mark, and then specify which hand it will be on.
It's a metaphor Ram

~S~

Metaphor ~a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

What would be the point of telling us which hand was going to be used, if it isn't literally applicable?
Do you know that Bill Gates is creating a mark that is so small it can fit through the needle of a syringe? Literally. When they start injecting us with it, will the metaphor turn literal?

Because it was the only way to express celestial concepts that where so far out of reach of terrestrial understanding at the time Ram

~S~
So, no one back then could understand the concept of a mark on their right hand?

We were given the Bible for the express purpose of understanding celestial concepts.
Take Rosie's figurative understanding, Add that to the Millerites metaphors and understanding and you will come to the conclusion the Messiah came and went again, or that the Messiah would return in 1844.
I could have told them they were wrong. There was no Temple to be defiled in 1844.
I can tell Rosie she is wrong the same way. There is no Jesus here. Specifically, the Bible tells us that Christ is going to return to prevent us from destroying all life on earth. And set up His 1000 year reign. Where is He?

I'm a cash and carry person too. Paying interest on a credit card never appealed to me either. Cash is the way to go.
Don't know how you get away with no cell phone though. Mine sits in the kitchen all day. But I do like having it when I go out in case something happens and I need to call for help. My daughter made me promise not to leave home without it.
I is old, Ram, darlin'- and kinda housebound----uhm---the land line does it for me. UHM---I also hate PAYMENTS

The world was the Roman empire.

Love ya JAG, but you misunderstand prophecy. It can be what will take place 2 days from now or 2,000 years from now. It is relevant to the time, not the people. That we humans just now have the ability to wipe out life on earth is totally irrelevant to the dead of the first century.
There have been a bunch of bad humans, but none so far fit the description of the beast laid out in end time prophecy. For one, he will be loved the world over. Nero wasn't even loved at home. Nero produced no peace treaty with Israel. Nor did he suffer a mortal head wound to the head or neck and survive. He had no weapons of mass destruction. Nor was he responsible for Christ returning to stop the destruction.
Wiping life off the earth is a prophesy that could only be fulfilled and relevant to us.

Nero suffered a head wound out of assisted suicide.

fascinating------who is the whore of babylon?

I have heard the whore of Babylon matches the description of the modern United States. All the countries of the world want the United States to give them favors but they hate the United States like she was a trashy whore.

I have heard the whore of Babylon matches the description of the modern United States. All the countries of the world want the United States to give them favors but they hate the United States like she was a trashy whore.
well---ok---poetry is like that----we can associate it to our own lives

Forum List

Back