Who Was The Beast Of The Book Of Revelation?

Just read the Old testament. It's clear that the prophets scold Israel as a harlot and a whore.
I read it-----and the Odyssey and Ramayana and
the poetry of Joyce Kilmer---------I also read
Superman comics

Isaiah describes ---IN DETAIL---the role of both the
"MESSIAH" and the king of Israel. The ""advent""
of a jewish "messiah" and subsequent
establishment of a jewish KINGDOM is--not as far
as I recall-----described as a military victory
or force. The MANY persons hailed as "messiah"
in jewish history------were not particularly
"military" with some minor exceptions.
Cyrus the great was hailed as a Messiah because of his kindness and support of the Jewish exiles.

Well,. Israel doesn't have a King anymore.
so? you seem to be engaged in a futile
attempt to make a point...... Actually---the
position of President in the political system of
of israel is influenced by the position of the
"KING" in the Old time religion. As today---
Isaiah described the 'KING' as non-military and
'pretty much' just a figure head

so? you seem to be engaged in a futile
attempt to make a point...... Actually---the
position of President in the political system of
of israel is influenced by the position of the
"KING" in the Old time religion. As today---
Isaiah described the 'KING' as non-military and
'pretty much' just a figure head
Good luck.

The most compelling evidence that the woman is Jerusalem is that scripture says it's where Jesus was crucified! (Revelation 11:8). Compare Jerusalem before her Judgment: (Revelation 11:8) and after Her Judgment (Revelation 21:10).

There are two Jerusalem's. One was the literal, fleshly type of the true, spiritual Jerusalem. One was the Zion of Israel - the abode or rallying point of God's chosen nation, the other was the true Zion - the Abode of God and by extension the spiritual Home/Abode of His people where they are written and their spirits assemble before Him in awe and worship.

Jerusalem was once the Beautiful City of God, but now she has become a den of devils and full of idolatries and filthy abominations. God is going to judge Her and give her name to the spiritually faithful - those from both the nation of Israel and the heathen nations. Thus will His "Jerusalem" and His "Zion" be pure.

God also uses the term "this great city" to refer to Jerusalem in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 22:6-9).

The Woman has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Revelation 11:8; 17:6; 18: 20,24).

Jerusalem has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Matthew 23:29-36; Luke 6:22-23, 26; 11:47-52; 13:28,33-34; Acts 2:23,36; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30; 7:51-52; Romans 11:2-5; 1 Corinthians 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, James 5:10).

Mt. Zion & Jerusalem are the Capital City for the Saints (Hebrews 12:18,22-24).

Heaven is The Country for Saints: (Philippians 3:20, Hebrews 11:13-16, Galatians 4:24-26, Psalm 48:2; 74:2; 76:2; 87:5, Matthew 5:34-35).

The "Dragon" was the source of power and authority for the Beast (also referred to as the serpent, the Devil, and Satan at Revelation 12:9, 20:2). Were the Romans ever called "children of the devil"? The Jews were: (John 8:44; Acts 13:10; 1 John 3:10)! The Jews were also called "serpents" and "offspring of vipers" (Matthew 23:33)! And that same verse (Matthew 23:33) condemns them to a fiery end similar to the end of the Beast and his followers (Revelation 19:19-21)!

The 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9) refer to Jerusalem, not Rome. The seven mountains upon which Jerusalem was built are Mount Zion, Mount Ophel, Mount Moriah, Mount Bezetha, Mount Acra, Mount Gareb, and Mount Goath.

Some might ask, "If the 'whore' is Jerusalem, how could the 'beast' be Nero Caesar, from Rome? Would not the "beast" be someone who rules over Jerusalem? The answer is that Caesar DID rule over Jerusalem. The highest religious authorities in Jerusalem, and all the Jews living in Jerusalem, even admitted that Caesar is their king (John 19:15).

And, re Isaiah, in 50:1 it states ...
Thus says the LORD: “Where is the certificate of your mother’s divorce, Whom I have put away? Or which of My creditors is it to whom I have sold you? For your iniquities you have sold yourselves, And for your transgressions your mother has been put away."

Ezekiel 16 has more, as do other OT prophets.

The Jews were very divided... Essenes, zealots, herodias, Edomites. I think you should just go with what the Bible says. John of Patmos identifies the audience.
Herod. king of the Jews, was an Edomite. Edomites are children of Esau, not Jacob. The king of the Jews wasn't a Jew.

Herod. king of the Jews, was an Edomite. Edomites are children of Esau, not Jacob. The king of the Jews wasn't a Jew.
I know. The Edomites we're forcibly converted. Herod's granddaughter was the mistress of Titus.

The most compelling evidence that the woman is Jerusalem is that scripture says it's where Jesus was crucified! (Revelation 11:8). Compare Jerusalem before her Judgment: (Revelation 11:8) and after Her Judgment (Revelation 21:10).

There are two Jerusalem's. One was the literal, fleshly type of the true, spiritual Jerusalem. One was the Zion of Israel - the abode or rallying point of God's chosen nation, the other was the true Zion - the Abode of God and by extension the spiritual Home/Abode of His people where they are written and their spirits assemble before Him in awe and worship.

Jerusalem was once the Beautiful City of God, but now she has become a den of devils and full of idolatries and filthy abominations. God is going to judge Her and give her name to the spiritually faithful - those from both the nation of Israel and the heathen nations. Thus will His "Jerusalem" and His "Zion" be pure.

God also uses the term "this great city" to refer to Jerusalem in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 22:6-9).

The Woman has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Revelation 11:8; 17:6; 18: 20,24).

Jerusalem has killed the Saints - the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus (Matthew 23:29-36; Luke 6:22-23, 26; 11:47-52; 13:28,33-34; Acts 2:23,36; 3:15; 4:10; 5:30; 7:51-52; Romans 11:2-5; 1 Corinthians 2:7-8; 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, James 5:10).

Mt. Zion & Jerusalem are the Capital City for the Saints (Hebrews 12:18,22-24).

Heaven is The Country for Saints: (Philippians 3:20, Hebrews 11:13-16, Galatians 4:24-26, Psalm 48:2; 74:2; 76:2; 87:5, Matthew 5:34-35).

The "Dragon" was the source of power and authority for the Beast (also referred to as the serpent, the Devil, and Satan at Revelation 12:9, 20:2). Were the Romans ever called "children of the devil"? The Jews were: (John 8:44; Acts 13:10; 1 John 3:10)! The Jews were also called "serpents" and "offspring of vipers" (Matthew 23:33)! And that same verse (Matthew 23:33) condemns them to a fiery end similar to the end of the Beast and his followers (Revelation 19:19-21)!

The 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9) refer to Jerusalem, not Rome. The seven mountains upon which Jerusalem was built are Mount Zion, Mount Ophel, Mount Moriah, Mount Bezetha, Mount Acra, Mount Gareb, and Mount Goath.

Some might ask, "If the 'whore' is Jerusalem, how could the 'beast' be Nero Caesar, from Rome? Would not the "beast" be someone who rules over Jerusalem? The answer is that Caesar DID rule over Jerusalem. The highest religious authorities in Jerusalem, and all the Jews living in Jerusalem, even admitted that Caesar is their king (John 19:15).

And, re Isaiah, in 50:1 it states ...
Thus says the LORD: “Where is the certificate of your mother’s divorce, Whom I have put away? Or which of My creditors is it to whom I have sold you? For your iniquities you have sold yourselves, And for your transgressions your mother has been put away."

Ezekiel 16 has more, as do other OT prophets.
Nero did rule over Jerusalem.

God is the person who is capable of knowing how things begin and how things end. He's not a person who only knows about the "now" as humans do or only the past. The Bible is for Him to illustrate this. Genesis marks the beginning which God knows, while Revelation marks the end which God knows. However, the process of human witnessing is through a near future for God to reflect it to the very end. A typical example is Daniel's prophecy on "the abomination causing desolation". What Daniel mentioned is a near event on the fall of the First Temple, but for Jesus to prophesy on the AD 70 siege, and for God to leave a prophecy on the very end.

By the same token, you can also argue that Daniel is not talking about AD 70, Jesus must be wrong about it.

Last edited:
God is the person who is capable of knowing how things begin and how things end. He's not a person who only knows about the "now" as humans do or only the past. The Bible is for Him to illustrate this. Genesis marks the beginning which God knows, while Revelation marks the end which God knows. However, the process of human witnessing is through a near future for God to reflect it to the very end. A typical example is Daniel's prophecy on "the abomination causing desolation". What Daniel mentioned is a near event on the fall of the First Temple, but for Jesus to prophesy on the AD 70 siege, and for God to leave a prophecy on the very end.

By the same token, you can also argue that Daniel is not talking about AD 70, Jesus must be wrong about it.
Jesus was correct. You should read about Antiochus IV and the first Abomination of Desolation. Daniel was an historian not a prophet. The book was written in 168 BC.

Jesus was correct. You should read about Antiochus IV and the first Abomination of Desolation.

I never said that Jesus is not correct. Please re-read. What I said is, by the same token used in OP one may also argue that Jesus is wrong.

Scripture says over that Israel played the whore and chased after false gods. The prophets we're always chastising them.
"scripture says......" so? "whore" as a symbolic
concept is very common in hebrew and in hebraic aramaic literature------over and over. Your DECISION to render it a synonym for Jerusalem or Israel is----
WAY OVER THE TOP-----ROFLMAO

Forum List

Back