*WHo Shot The Retired Military Girl In The Neck?*

5. All those who condone this girl being shot in the neck, condone the election being stolen.

Not even close to the truth.

I voted for Trump and I don't condone anyone stealing anything.

I don't have a big problem with the shooting. That mob was violent. Anyone who says it wasn't simply wasn't paying attention.

When I watch the video in which the woman is shot, I have wonder what would've happened when they broke through that door? Were the rioters going to ignore the police? Would they use harsh language? Would they attack the police? Honestly, I have to believe the police would've been physically attacked and, as such, the police have the responsibility to protect themselves, as well as anyone else on their side of the door.

There's one inarguable, undeniable truth to take away from this: If she wasn't trying to force her way into a place she shouldn't have been, that cop wouldn't have killed her.

The woman's death is tragic. That the cop who shot her has to live with the fact that he took a life is tragic. But something like this is inevitable, if not understandable, in such a scenario...

1. Some one shot and killed her, during Jan. 6th.

Yes, it's tragic. But she put herself in that situation...

2. If it was clean kill, then why haven't we heard who did it?

It's been reported that it was a Capitol Police Lieutenant.

As for not releasing his name, that's for the officer's protection, and it makes perfect sense...

3. Name rank and badge number, or was it some other?

See my response to #2...

4. Her death should really be pissing off the Veterans.

Why?

I'm a Veteran; retired Navy. While her death saddens me, it doesn't anger me. If anything, what pisses me off is that this Veteran put herself in that position. She made the choice to be there...

5. They want answers, I want answers.

Noted...

6. The world wants answers.

I don't think too many beyond our borders really give a shit...

7. Who fired that bullet???

See my response to #2...

8. It was a crime whoever shot her, she had no weapon, and was shot through a doorway. I viewed the video.

So did I.

Considering how the mob was acting, it wouldn't be any great stretch of logic for someone to believe that the rioters intended to do the Speaker harm. Well, after Harris, Pelosi's next in line to the thrown and will be afforded an elevated level of protection.

As for the shooting, what you don't see at the moment the gun is fired is Ashli Babbit going through the broken window. She wasn't shot until that boundary was breached...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
And a warning shot would have been sufficient.

If you're a gun owner, I would urge you to attend a firearms safety course.

There's no such thing as a "warning shot". The only time you should pull the trigger on a firearm is when you intend to shoot something.

The gun was drawn and visible for several seconds prior to the shooting, yet the rioters continued to try to break through the door. The mere presence of the gun had zero effect...

Sorry bout that,

8. It was a crime whoever shot her, she had no weapon, and was shot through a doorway. I viewed the video.

9. The cop, whom the President Trump was shamed in the White House, lowered the flag, well he died of a heart condition.
10. No word who the supposed capital cop was, politician, just he was put on administration leave.

Regards,
SIrJamesofTexas

All the idiots who were busting out windows and using battering rams to crush cops should have been shot.
I have no pity for this violent Q-Kook insurgent. NONE
They only had flag poles with them, NAZI. They didn't have any "battering rams." Antifa were the ones busting out the windows. That's what the video evidence shows. You have no pity for them, but you have endless sympathy from the people who perpetrated the following:

iu

iu

iu
Whataboutism.....the weak fallback position of trump Qultists.

Sorry bout that,

9. The cop, whom the President Trump was shamed in the White House, lowered the flag, well he died of a heart condition.
10. No word who the supposed capital cop was, politician, just he was put on administration leave.

Regards,
SIrJamesofTexas

All the idiots who were busting out windows and using battering rams to crush cops should have been shot.
They only had flag poles with them, NAZI. They didn't have any "battering rams." Antifa were the ones busting out the windows. That's what the video evidence shows. You have no pity for them, but you have endless sympathy from the people who perpetrated the following:

iu

iu

iu

Yep - totally different situation which Rump exacerbated by sending in the Feds. Donald loves violence and he rooted every step away for more of it. These people didn't attack the very seat of our democracy with intention to kill our Vice President and Speaker of the House.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SIrJamesofTexas

iu

iu

iu

Yep - totally different situation which Rump exacerbated by sending in the Feds. Donald loves violence and he rooted every step away for more of it. These people didn't attack the very seat of our democracy with intention to kill our Vice President and Speaker of the House.
Do you NAZI assholes ever submit a post that is anything but a pack of lies?

There's no such thing as a "warning shot". The only time you should pull the trigger on a firearm is when you intend to shoot something.

The gun was drawn and visible for several seconds prior to the shooting, yet the rioters continued to try to break through the door. The mere presence of the gun had zero effect...
Interesting, Canon! So when you attended that firearms safety course...did they address when you're legally permitted to shoot someone? Did they mention that you don't have the right to shoot unarmed people just because you THINK they might be a danger to you? Did they go over the fact that you're not allowed to invite a breach of your home and then lie in wait to shoot anyone who does indeed break in?

As for the gun in question? It was being pointed from the left side of the door where the Capital Police officer had been hiding out of sight. It was seen by people on that side of the door but chances are Ashli Babbitt never saw the gun being pointed at her as she attempted to kick in the glass window of the right hand door.

Sorry bout that,

1. He finally was identified, and they gave him a pass.
2. Its wrong.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Oh, what's wrong about using lethal force against a threatening violent mob of domestic terrorists to keep them out of the House chamber where some lawmakers and staff were still holed up?

Interesting, Canon! So when you attended that firearms safety course...did they address when you're legally permitted to shoot someone? Did they mention that you don't have the right to shoot unarmed people just because you THINK they might be a danger to you? Did they go over the fact that you're not allowed to invite a breach of your home and then lie in wait to shoot anyone who does indeed break in?

As for the gun in question? It was being pointed from the left side of the door where the Capital Police officer had been hiding out of sight. It was seen by people on that side of the door but chances are Ashli Babbitt never saw the gun being pointed at her as she attempted to kick in the glass window of the right hand door.
She could have simply heeded the warning to get back.

Interesting, Canon! So when you attended that firearms safety course...did they address when you're legally permitted to shoot someone?

Wow, timely response to my post.

No, those things aren't covered in a safety course; at least not in any depth that would matter. The idiocy known as a "warning shot" is covered in deadly force training...

Did they mention that you don't have the right to shoot unarmed people just because you THINK they might be a danger to you? Did they go over the fact that you're not allowed to invite a breach of your home and then lie in wait to shoot anyone who does indeed break in?

If I tell someone to come in my house and get me, and they're stupid enough to do that, I can legally shoot them...

So what?

If she wasn't part of the mob, she wouldn't have been shot...

Ashli Babbit wasn't the only woman murdered by the Democrats' private street gang om Jan. 6. Video was released last month of them trampling and beating a woman to death in the Capitol tunnel.

Absolutely and totally wrong.
When there is a live background, like in side the capital building, you really should not shoot at all.
But it is ALWAYS safer to pick a particular inanimate object to shoot at first, that has the least risk of harming anyone.
And that is always either up or down.

The complaint that ricochet is always possible, is invalid.
That is because the bullet is flattened or starts tumbling after a ricochet, and had only a tiny fraction of the energy.
Inside, it is ONLY the sound you really want or need.
You do not actually have to shoot anyone, usually.

And the standard training is also totally wrong about where to aim at a person.
While in war you aim at the center of mass in the middle of the chest, that is only to increase the odds of hitting, at long range.
When the people are only a few feet apart and one is unarmed, like with Bryd and Ashli, you can easily and should do a nonlethal extremity shot instead.

And you need to watch the video.
Sure the gun was drawn and very visible, but only to those over by the left door.
Way over to the right, by the window frame, there is no way Ashli could possibly have seen the drawn pistol.
There were rioters who tried to warn her, but either she did not hear or misunderstood.
But the mere presence of the gun should have no effect, because it should not have been legal for anyone to actually pull the trigger.
Bryd should be in jail.
What he did was ridiculously illegal, by any standard.
No rational person would have assumed he would pull the trigger.
So if he was serious, he would then have fired a warning shot, making his intent clear.
Anything else is deliberate murder.

Oh, what's wrong about using lethal force against a threatening violent mob of domestic terrorists to keep them out of the House chamber where some lawmakers and staff were still holed up?

What is wrong is that the rioters had no weapons and showed no intent to harm anyone.
So then lethal force could not legally be justified.

She could have simply heeded the warning to get back.

Bryd was clear in his interview, that he NEVER said any warning at all.
In the video you can hear other rioters warning that there was a gun, but Ashli either did not hear them or misunderstood.
She never saw the gun and there was no warning from Bryd.

If I tell someone to come in my house and get me, and they're stupid enough to do that, I can legally shoot them...

Wrong.
If they have identified as having a legal claim to get you or something in your house, then you can not legally shoot them.
They have to pose an illegal threat to your or your possessions, before you can shoot.

No, those things aren't covered in a safety course; at least not in any depth that would matter. The idiocy known as a "warning shot" is covered in deadly force training...

So what?

The standard advice against a warning shot is totally and completely wrong.
The idiotic trainers are more worried about richochet lawsuits than they are about murdering a person unnecessarily.
Guns are deafeningly loud indoors, and it is idiotic to not take advantage of that acoustic effect.

The problem these days is that there are wayyyy too many vets trying to teach gun training course, very badly.
The military has entirely different rules of engagement.
In the military, the goal is to murder.
For police or self defense, that is the last thing you want to resort to.

So what?

The "so what" is that even though the mob was wrong about the election, it was their legal first amendment right to ensure they had been heard.
They had a right to be part of that mob.
It was an essential aspect of a democratic republic.
Shooting them was NOT.

Forum List

Back