*WHo Shot The Retired Military Girl In The Neck?*

Absolutely and totally wrong.
When there is a live background, like in side the capital building, you really should not shoot at all.
But it is ALWAYS safer to pick a particular inanimate object to shoot at first, that has the least risk of harming anyone.
And that is always either up or down.

The complaint that ricochet is always possible, is invalid.
That is because the bullet is flattened or starts tumbling after a ricochet, and had only a tiny fraction of the energy.
Inside, it is ONLY the sound you really want or need.
You do not actually have to shoot anyone, usually.

And the standard training is also totally wrong about where to aim at a person.
While in war you aim at the center of mass in the middle of the chest, that is only to increase the odds of hitting, at long range.
When the people are only a few feet apart and one is unarmed, like with Bryd and Ashli, you can easily and should do a nonlethal extremity shot instead.

And you need to watch the video.
Sure the gun was drawn and very visible, but only to those over by the left door.
Way over to the right, by the window frame, there is no way Ashli could possibly have seen the drawn pistol.
There were rioters who tried to warn her, but either she did not hear or misunderstood.
But the mere presence of the gun should have no effect, because it should not have been legal for anyone to actually pull the trigger.
Bryd should be in jail.
What he did was ridiculously illegal, by any standard.
No rational person would have assumed he would pull the trigger.
So if he was serious, he would then have fired a warning shot, making his intent clear.
Anything else is deliberate murder.
You're lying again. :eusa_liar:

Police don't fire warning shots and risk hitting an innocent person. When a cop pulls their gun, they're ready to use it.

Absolutely and totally wrong.

Allow me to dissect your idiocy:

When there is a live background, like in side the capital building, you really should not shoot at all.
But it is ALWAYS safer to pick a particular inanimate object to shoot at first, that has the least risk of harming anyone.
And that is always either up or down.

An inanimate object? Please, in the name of all that is holy, tell me you're not a gun owner. Any properly rained, responsible gun owner knows you do no such thing. Once you've drawn your weapon, you have made the decision to use deadly force if necessary. Well, I've got news for you: "deadly force" means that whatever you decide to shoot could die.

That wouldn't be an inanimate object...

The complaint that ricochet is always possible, is invalid.
That is because the bullet is flattened or starts tumbling after a ricochet, and had only a tiny fraction of the energy.

To suggest that a ricochet can't be lethal is stupid.

Yet, there you are, essentially saying exactly that...

Inside, it is ONLY the sound you really want or need.

Huh?

I'm very well trained in the use of a firearm and in the use of deadly force. Oddly, nowhere in either the military training, law enforcement training or civilian training has any instructor ever said that what we really want when we fire our weapon indoors is that sound.

How utterly fucking ignorant for you to even suggest that...

You do not actually have to shoot anyone, usually.

What training do you base your opinions on?

And the standard training is also totally wrong about where to aim at a person.

What is your military, combat experience and training?

Because I don't think you have any.

While in war you aim at the center of mass in the middle of the chest, that is only to increase the odds of hitting, at long range.

Bitch, please.

Every single course of instruction dealing with the use of deadly force states to shoot for center-mass...

When the people are only a few feet apart and one is unarmed, like with Bryd and Ashli, you can easily and should do a nonlethal extremity shot instead.

No.

If you're going to fire your weapon, you should do it in a manner which stands the greatest chance of stopping the activity which has made you decide to use deadly force. That manner would not include shooting someone in the leg.

Again, your profound lack of training is coming to light here...

And you need to watch the video.
Sure the gun was drawn and very visible, but only to those over by the left door.
Way over to the right, by the window frame, there is no way Ashli could possibly have seen the drawn pistol.
There were rioters who tried to warn her, but either she did not hear or misunderstood.

I see.

So he shouldn't have pulled the trigger because she couldn't see the gun?

How ridiculous.

Whether she could not here or understand warnings being shouted by others in no way should impact the officer's decision to use his firearm...

But the mere presence of the gun should have no effect, because it should not have been legal for anyone to actually pull the trigger

Well, see, but it was. It was a righteous shooting, as she was attacking the Capitol Building as part of a riotous mob...

Bryd should be in jail.

No, he shouldn't...

What he did was ridiculously illegal, by any standard.

Well, you can either cite the applicable law or admit to not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

Your choice...

No rational person would have assumed he would pull the trigger.

Anytime someone draws a weapon you should assume the person is going to pull the trigger. Assuming anything else is monumentally stupid...

So if he was serious, he would then have fired a warning shot, making his intent clear.
There's no such thing as a "warning shot". The only thing a warning shot is is a shot fired on-target that missed. Period.

"Warning shots", though, are prohibited. They only exist in the pointy little pea-brains of people like you:

4. “The police have to fire a warning shot before the shoot at me.

By definition, “warning shots” are gunshots fired in a direction other than the suspect, like the ground or the air.

Warning shots have been prohibited for decades. Although there is some debate about allowing warning shots, they are generally prohibited, because of their tendency to strike unintended targets.

Warning shots may end up striking other people, striking vehicles, or striking other objects. The whole point of an officer firing his or her weapon is to neutralize a threat, not to create one.

In fact, warning shots have been known to actually strike the suspect despite the officer’s intention to miss. In one case, an officer fired at the ground in front of the suspect, and the bullet ricocheted off the sidewalk and struck the suspect.

Four Common Myths About The Police

Anything else is deliberate murder.

Drawing a firearm and shooting someone with it absolutely SHOULD be a deliberate act.But only uneducated, idiot little snowflakes like yourself believe it's murder...

The "so what" is that even though the mob was wrong about the election, it was their legal first amendment right to ensure they had been heard.

Where'd you come up with that nonsense?

The 1st Amendment grants you the right to speak your piece. It in no way guarantees you a right to be heard...

They had a right to be part of that mob.

And with every right comes an equally important responsibility. In this case, it was Babbit's responsibility to ensure that her conduct with that mob was lawful. It was not, and she paid for that with her life...

Wrong.
If they have identified as having a legal claim to get you or something in your house, then you can not legally shoot them.
They have to pose an illegal threat to your or your possessions, before you can shoot.

What fucking planet do you live on?

If you break into my house, I don't have to wait for you to "pose an illegal threat". The fact that you broke into my house is more than enough valid reason to aerate you...

The standard advice against a warning shot is totally and completely wrong.
The idiotic trainers are more worried about richochet lawsuits than they are about murdering a person unnecessarily.
Guns are deafeningly loud indoors, and it is idiotic to not take advantage of that acoustic effect.

The problem these days is that there are wayyyy too many vets trying to teach gun training course, very badly.
The military has entirely different rules of engagement.
In the military, the goal is to murder.
For police or self defense, that is the last thing you want to resort to.

The profound level of unbridled idiocy contained in your posts is fascinating. That someone can actually be as stupid as you is almost frightening.

It's clear you have not only zero training, but zero experience with any of this. You are a textbook example of an ignorant poster...

What is wrong is that the rioters had no weapons and showed no intent to harm anyone.
So then lethal force could not legally be justified.
A violent mob of domestic terrorists needs no weapons. They beat a cop to within an inch of his life. That "no weapons excuse doesn't fly.

And you're lying about that mob not threatening anyone. Upon seeing a lawmaker being evacuated, that mob went apeshit, screaming, "they're getting away!" as they began smashing the windows to break in.

You're pathological.

Bryd was clear in his interview, that he NEVER said any warning at all.

Yes, he did say he gave a warning in that interview...

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back.

In the video you can hear other rioters warning that there was a gun, but Ashli either did not hear them or misunderstood.
She never saw the gun and there was no warning from Bryd.

Byrd warned the mob to get back. The guy standing right next to her heard it. If she didn't hear it, or chose to ignore it, that's on her.

You're pathological.

The "so what" is that even though the mob was wrong about the election, it was their legal first amendment right to ensure they had been heard.
They had a right to be part of that mob.
It was an essential aspect of a democratic republic.
Shooting them was NOT.

No one has a First Amendment right to do this...

You're pathological.

Police don't fire warning shots and risk hitting an innocent person. When a cop pulls their gun, they're ready to use it.

Police always used to fire warning shots, and used to not kill people.
Now they no longer fire warning shots, and instead murder thousands of people every single year.
You are either evil or an idiot in order to prefer the deaths.

If warning shots are used, deaths are reduced by a factor of over 100.

And YES, if Congress is not listening, then the 1st amendment right of the people empower them to do whatever is necessary.
This should have happened long ago, over things like Civil Rights, Vietnam, the War on Drugs, WMD lies about Iraq, mandated sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.
It is just a shame in this one case, the election likely was not defrauded and the demonstrators were likely wrong.
But that does not mean demonstrations in general are wrong.
The more often the better.

Yes, he did say he gave a warning in that interview...

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back.

Byrd warned the mob to get back. The guy standing right next to her heard it. If she didn't hear it, or chose to ignore it, that's on her.

You're pathological.

Liar.
Byrd was clear in his interview that he did NOT at all warn Ashli before shooting.
And that is confirmed by 3 other witnesses.
Other protestors tried to warn Ashli of the pointed gun, but Bryd said nothing.

{...
Witnesses confirm that the officer did not give a verbal warning prior to firing.”
https://theintercept.com/2020/10/19/blacks-for-trump-maurice-symonette-cult/
Terrell Roberts, a lawyer representing the Babbitt family, has described the fact that other witnesses among the pro-Trump mob said that they did not hear a warning from Byrd as a central feature in possible civil litigation.
...}

Police always used to fire warning shots, and used to not kill people.
Now they no longer fire warning shots, and instead murder thousands of people every single year.
You are either evil or an idiot in order to prefer the deaths.

Liar, they risked hitting a member of Congress or another cop had they fired a warning shot. Not only are you pathological, but you're fucking crazy too.

And YES, if Congress is not listening, then the 1st amendment right of the people empower them to do whatever is necessary.

Nothing in the First Amendment allows for violence and threats of violence we witnessed on Sedition Day.

This should have happened long ago, over things like Civil Rights, Vietnam, the War on Drugs, WMD lies about Iraq, mandated sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.

False, it should never happen. If we are to remain a democracy, we need to use the power of our votes to remedy such issues; not a violent mob of domestic terrorists beholden to their cult leader to steal z presidential election.

It is just a shame in this one case, the election likely was not defrauded and the demonstrators were likely wrong.
But that does not mean demonstrations in general are wrong.
The more often the better.

Sedition Day wasn't just a demonstration. People lost their lives. Cops were nearly killed. Threats of assassinating the VP were issued, spurred on by the president. Sedition Day was a very dark day in this country's short history.

You're pathological.

Liar.
Byrd was clear in his interview that he did NOT at all warn Ashli before shooting.
And that is confirmed by 3 other witnesses.
Other protestors tried to warn Ashli of the pointed gun, but Bryd said nothing.

{...
Witnesses confirm that the officer did not give a verbal warning prior to firing.”
https://theintercept.com/2020/10/19/blacks-for-trump-maurice-symonette-cult/
Terrell Roberts, a lawyer representing the Babbitt family, has described the fact that other witnesses among the pro-Trump mob said that they did not hear a warning from Byrd as a central feature in possible civil litigation.
...}

I just showed you a news article which points out Byrd said he warned the crowd. Yet here you are, once again denying reality.

You're pathological.

Here it is, straight from the proverbial horse's mouth (@16:50)...

"I'm yelling. I'm screaming. You know, my throat was hurting for a few days afterwards. I didn't even realize I had been yelling and screaming as loud as I was, 'please stop, get back, get back, stop.'"

There is something seriously mentally wrong with you.

Liar, they risked hitting a member of Congress or another cop had they fired a warning shot. Not only are you pathological, but you're fucking crazy too.

Nothing in the First Amendment allows for violence and threats of violence we witnessed on Sedition Day.

False, it should never happen. If we are to remain a democracy, we need to use the power of our votes to remedy such issues; not a violent mob of domestic terrorists beholden to their cult leader to steal z presidential election.

Sedition Day wasn't just a demonstration. People lost their lives. Cops were nearly killed. Threats of assassinating the VP were issued, spurred on by the president. Sedition Day was a very dark day in this country's short history.

You're pathological.

Liar.
A warning shot it aimed at the floor, and any possible ricochet would be stopped by the heavy wooden wall.
The ACTUAL shot Byrd fired only grazed Ashli's neck, and kept going, with far more force and danger than a warning shot to the floor, because the shot fired at Ashli was at head height, and would have been very lethal if it has hit someone else.
And it easily could have hit someone else.
Warning shots are ALWAYS much better, safer, and less lethal.

Anyone claiming there a threat of violence from the demonstrators is a LIAR!
They only used the minimum amount of force needed to try to get seen by Congress.
Obviously once a gun was pointed, everyone who saw it, stopped cold.
No one was willing to take on a pointed gun, so the police could have stopped it at any time.
But they should not have ever stopped it.
It was a constitutional right to be seen and heard by congress.
It should happen more often.
Once a month would be good.

The only violence was the fault of the police.

I just showed you a news article which points out Byrd said he warned the crowd. Yet here you are, once again denying reality.

You're pathological.

Here it is, straight from the proverbial horse's mouth (@16:50)...

"I'm yelling. I'm screaming. You know, my throat was hurting for a few days afterwards. I didn't even realize I had been yelling and screaming as loud as I was, 'please stop, get back, get back, stop.'"

There is something seriously mentally wrong with you.

Liar.
We all saw the video and he never said a word.
But someone yelling, "please stop" is NOT at all a warning.
A warning is where you say, "Stop or I will SHOOT", and clearly Bryd admits he never gave such as warning or command.

You're pathological.

Liar.
A warning shot it aimed at the floor, and any possible ricochet would be stopped by the heavy wooden wall.

Or the ricochet could be stopped by hitting another cop. :cuckoo:

That's why warning shots are not a consideration. Especially in a hallway. :cuckoo:

The ACTUAL shot Byrd fired only grazed Ashli's neck, and kept going, with far more force and danger than a warning shot to the floor, because the shot fired at Ashli was at head height, and would have been very lethal if it has hit someone else.
And it easily could have hit someone else.

It was an easy shot to take from about 10 feet away. And with Ashes Targetpractice head elevated above everyone else's and sticking in through the window frame, there was a very low probability of hitting anyone else.

Anyone claiming there a threat of violence from the demonstrators is a LIAR!

You're lying again. :eusa_doh:

They only used the minimum amount of force needed to try to get seen by Congress.

No one was willing to take on a pointed gun, so the police could have stopped it at any time.
But they should not have ever stopped it.
It was a constitutional right to be seen and heard by congress.

You're beyond insane, Pinocchio. :cuckoo:

That was a violent mob of domestic terrorists. Just ask Cancun Cruz, he'll tell ya (before he backtracks). No such mob has any right storming the Capitol, threatening peoples' lives, trying to kill cops, smashing windows and doors to break in, to be seen and heard by Congress.

You're pathological.

Or the ricochet could be stopped by hitting another cop. :cuckoo:

That's why warning shots are not a consideration. Especially in a hallway. :cuckoo:

It was an easy shot to take from about 10 feet away. And with Ashes Targetpractice head elevated above everyone else's and sticking in through the window frame, there was a very low probability of hitting anyone else.

You're lying again. :eusa_doh:

You're beyond insane, Pinocchio. :cuckoo:

That was a violent mob of domestic terrorists. Just ask Cancun Cruz, he'll tell ya (before he backtracks). No such mob has any right storming the Capitol, threatening peoples' lives, trying to kill cops, smashing windows and doors to break in, to be seen and heard by Congress.

Liar.
There was not one else in the hallway except Bryd and Ashli, so there was absolutely no danger to anyone else from a ricochet.
The only danger was from the head high stop that Bryd fired at Ashli, only grazing her neck.
That bullet could have easily killed someone, because there were police behind Ashli and the shot was head high.

Warnings shots are ALWAYS supposed to be used, and are totally safe in an empty hallway.

Bryd may have been 10' away, but leaning out with an outstretched arm, the pistol barrel was only about 4' from Ashli.
So he easily could have aimed at an extremety.
There was no excuse for a head shot.
That was deliberate murder.

At least 3 witnesses are on record proving Bryd never gave a warning before shooting.

If it were a violant mob of insurrectionists, then Bryd would not have stopped them, and instead Bryd would have been dead.
The fact a single shot stopped them, proves beyond any shadow of a doubt, that it was NOT violent.

Liar.
We all saw the video and he never said a word.

Let me remind you, your claim was he flat how denied giving a warning in the interview he gave...

Bryd was clear in his interview, that he NEVER said any warning at all.

I prove you lied about that, so now you incredibly shift your claim from Byrd denied giving a warning -- to you don't see him giving a warning in the video of the shooting.

That you completely abandoned your earlier claim proves you not only lied about it, but you refuse to even acknowledge you lied about it -- even after I posted a news article stating he said he warned the crowd to "get back!"

And now you're lying about him not giving a warning simply because you don't see it in the video. Meet Thomas Baranyi. Thomas was standing right next to Ashes when she got shot. That's him wearing the Trump/Pence hat...

View attachment

He was close enough to get her blood on him. And this is what Thomas had to say about the police warning them to "get back"...

"A number of police and secret service were saying, 'get back', 'get down', 'get out of the way,' she didn't heed the call and as we kind of raced up to grab people and pull 'em back, they shot her in the neck." ~ Thomas Baranyi, 1.6.21

I would say you should stop lying but it's clear you're pathological and can't stop.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Liar.
There was not one else in the hallway except Bryd and Ashli, so there was absolutely no danger to anyone else from a ricochet.
The only danger was from the head high stop that Bryd fired at Ashli, only grazing her neck.
That bullet could have easily killed someone, because there were police behind Ashli and the shot was head high.

There were at least 4 other people on Byrd's side of the doors...

Untitled.jpg

Warnings shots are ALWAYS supposed to be used, and are totally safe in an empty hallway.

Warning shots are never used by police and among the least safe place to fire a warning shot would be in a hallway.

Bryd may have been 10' away, but leaning out with an outstretched arm, the pistol barrel was only about 4' from Ashli.
So he easily could have aimed at an extremety.
There was no excuse for a head shot.
That was deliberate murder.

When using their service weapon, cops are trained to shoot at center mass, not to just hobble a suspect.

At least 3 witnesses are on record proving Bryd never gave a warning before shooting.

No one ever said that. Ashes' husband's lawyer once claimed there were witnesses who say they didn't hear a warning, but they've never been named, never said that themselves, and are not on record as ever saying that. Just a lawyer made that claim with nothing whatsoever to substantiate it. And even if true, that only means they didn't hear it; not that warnings weren't given, which we know warnings were given because a witness standing right next to Benedict Babbitt said he heard those warnings.

If it were a violant mob of insurrectionists, then Bryd would not have stopped them, and instead Bryd would have been dead.
The fact a single shot stopped them, proves beyond any shadow of a doubt, that it was NOT violent.

That's what would have happened had he not resorted to lethal force to keep Trump's violent mob of domestic terrorists out.

You're pathological.

Forum List

Back